Seton Buffer Basketball Thread 2011-2012

Guest Guest

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See you people need to do your homework! Thats why I just love reading this crazy talk on here. Seton is now in class A, therefore the will not play section 3 like when in B. So if they play Jamesville Dewitt it will be in a state champoinship game. If Seton wins section 4 they will face section 1 or 9, it depends on who gets the bye this year.

Well that will help seton a lot then, they will stand a much better chance playing any team from downstate then JD.

Anyone know how that bye is determined for the 1-4-9 teams? Is it best record, alternates between years, or maybe just a coin flip?

Seton plays Horseheads @ HH

Binghamton will play the Central division winner. Either SV, JC, Or Norwich. Which will be Determined in a week or so

Ok, that will set up a fun matchup (finally) of scc vs. bing for the title!!

Any chance seton gets upset at CV tonight?!

If not, I think they'll only lose one game in the whole season (not counting the DWI) in the state tourney, aftey they win STAC and Section 4 class A. Will be an impressive season, 3 losses in the DWI and then only 1 in the state tourney, probably against JD in the state semi's or championship.

Any chance seton gets upset at CV tonight?!

If not, I think they'll only lose one game in the whole season (not counting the DWI) in the state tourney, aftey they win STAC and Section 4 class A. Will be an impressive season, 3 losses in the DWI and then only 1 in the state tourney, probably against JD in the state semi's or championship.

Well, to answer that question.....No! CV led early, and then scc turned it on and was just WAYY too much, winning by about 20. Smothers dominated with about 25 points.

So, Seton will play HH and SV vs Bing in the STAC semis.

In your opinion, is this the best seton team in recent memory? They've had many good teams, but I don't think any of them have ever gone undefeated in the league...

Probably not. Maybe more a reflection of how bad Section 4 has deteriorated in Sports in general. 5th most depressing city in America. It's taking its toll.

In your opinion, is this the best seton team in recent memory? They've had many good teams, but I don't think any of them have ever gone undefeated in the league...

Hard to say because STAC is weak right now.

Not likely. Seton may not even get out of the East. Oneonta, SV and CV are all going to be tough. Oneonta has Calkins back and an excellent coach. SV has a great inside tandem and with any guard play will be very tough. CV didn't lose anything from last year's squad and return a solid group that can play with anyone and present a huge match up problem.

Wow. What a truly amazing prediction.. even Nostradamus himself couldn't have possibly known that the powerhouses of Oneonta, SV, and CV would be so "tough" for Seton to handle... Give me a break! Next year, these teams will certainly give Seton all they can handle with the Saints losing their entire starting lineup, but way to make a fool out of yourself by suggesting that Seton would somehow not win their division in a year where they will go UNDEFEATED IN THE CONFERENCE.

I don't think so...I think they have benefited from a really weak section / stac year. I couldn't rank them personally, but just based on what I remember, they probably would fall in the middle of the better scc teams in the past decade.

I don't think so...I think they have benefited from a really weak section / stac year. I couldn't rank them personally, but just based on what I remember, they probably would fall in the middle of the better scc teams in the past decade.

Boy will they be crying when ME knocks them off in the sectionals

Boy will they be crying when ME knocks them off in the sectionals

I watched SV destroy JC the other night. They will give anyone in the area a tough game.

I watched SV destroy JC the other night. They will give anyone in the area a tough game.

either you are excluding Seton from "anyone in the area" or you believe that Seton's 22 point win over SV was a "tough game".. i would hope its the former rather than the latter

Agree, I've seen a few games of seton's as well as a few other teams, and the competition seems extremely weak. Seton has won a majority of their games by huge margins, talking 20 points in most cases, but at the same time I feel that the talent level isn't that great. Torto is a great player, no questions. He takes A TON of shots, may of them bad shots, so it's pretty easy for him to avg. 20+ points, but he does have a lot of talent. Smothers is hit or miss, a lot of times he is in foul trouble though, taking him out for long streches. Other than that, there isn't much there. With that said, I still think they will beat binghamton and win section 4 easily, past that, who knows...

I do not think they have the same talent level as the past, I know setons had at least two teams make it to the final 4, which both teams were probably better...as well as some other teams that didnt make it that far.

Barring a crazy upset, seton should complete it's perfect league record tonight!! Very impressive, with about a 25 point margin of victory. if that isn't domination, i don't know what is....

Barring a crazy upset, seton should complete it's perfect league record tonight!! Very impressive, with about a 25 point margin of victory. if that isn't domination, i don't know what is....

SV, CV, Norwich, JC, Oneonta and even Owego can play with most teams. They are not bad teams at all. I've seen them all play multiple times this season. Seton beat each of them handily. As an fyi to an earlier poster, they actually were up 30 on SV in the second half and it only came down after the subs came in and Normile got a bunch inside in the last 2 mins or so. Forks and Windsor are atrocious. The other teams are solid.

Two undefeated STAC seasons (regular) in a row for SCC.

Ehhhh, big deal. They play in the weakest STAC division and cross over against the 2nd weakest. The fact is they lost to STAC teams last year (to JC twice) and would have this year if they played Binghamton. They have a decent team playing in a league that has been weak overall the past couple years. Every one of the better teams they have played are not as good as they've been in recent years, no exceptions (JC, CV, Norwich, Oneonta) Stop bragging, you look really foolish.

SV, CV, Norwich, JC, Oneonta and even Owego can play with most teams. They are not bad teams at all. I've seen them all play multiple times this season. Seton beat each of them handily. As an fyi to an earlier poster, they actually were up 30 on SV in the second half and it only came down after the subs came in and Normile got a bunch inside in the last 2 mins or so. Forks and Windsor are atrocious. The other teams are solid.

You're right, none of those are bad teams but none of them are as good as they've been recent. They're all decent but far from very good teams.

Ehhhh, big deal. They play in the weakest STAC division and cross over against the 2nd weakest. The fact is they lost to STAC teams last year (to JC twice) and would have this year if they played Binghamton. They have a decent team playing in a league that has been weak overall the past couple years. Every one of the better teams they have played are not as good as they've been in recent years, no exceptions (JC, CV, Norwich, Oneonta) Stop bragging, you look really foolish.

Neither the East or Central are the weakest division. The West is by far. It is ridiculous. Last year Seton crushed Corning in the semifinals, and Corning won their division. You stand corrected.

Neither the East or Central are the weakest division. The West is by far. It is ridiculous. Last year Seton crushed Corning in the semifinals, and Corning won their division. You stand corrected.

Actually you're right, I do stand corrected. The West is putrid. The bigger point is, the STAC overall is not very good this year. SCC has not played a team this year that could beat teams from JC, M-E, Norwich or CV in past years. The league is very weak.

Archived