Seton Buffer Basketball Thread 2011-2012

Guest Guest

Give me a break, whether they're seeded #1 which they are still apt to be or #2 is irrelevent. I'm fully aware of the seeding rules. So in a pool of 4 teams, you're concerned about what? That they'll have to play JC who is a .500 team against primarily B school competition instead of Owego? If they can't beat either of those teams in the "semi-finals" they have no business winning the section anyway.

The school and most of the students who attend there have a long list of privledges most other kids don't, it's really sad they would whine because they aren't given EVERY advantage. Stop playing the victim card and be thankful the other Section IV teams allow you to participate at all.

First of all lets look at some of the "privledges" the school gets: 1) Absolutely ZERO funding from the federal government, which forces the school to drastically increase their tuition just to pay its bills, forcing many to take their kids out of the school 2) Little to no Air conditioning throughout the school which makes it extremely Hot and sometimes unbearable during the early fall and spring 3) Very low budgets for every sports team, which forces parents of athletes to once again use their OWN money to fund new uniforms, bus trips, raffles. 4)Students have to wear shirt and tie every day, and are not allowed to leave the school for lunch.....This list goes on and on trust me..

And secondly MOST of the kids that attend Seton have parents that can't afford to send them there but choose to do so. Making huge sacrifices to give their children a quality education. Many send their kids there because they believe in the Catholic Education system that has provided thousands of people with a great education.

What most people outside of seton don't understand is that this school has survived over the past 50 years because of the generous hearts of the people that went there and the people that paid to send them there. And this is the only way it will continue to survive.

Sure there are wealthy children and families involved in SCC but this is a minority.

One last thought....Seton has won, with EASE the Class B Section 4 title every year since 2009, and won their division something like 9 out of 10 years, including 3 STAC titles, so for you to say Seton should be thankful Sec 4 teams allows them to play is a rediculous and stupid statement. Section 4 teams are afraid to play SETON in sectionals because SCC is notorious for eding seasons. INSTEAD SEC 4 should be thanking Seton for playing in their Section, always fielding great teams out of an incredibly small group of players...Seton has represented Section 4 with extreme heart and I think this community should start to show SCC the same.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all lets look at some of the "privledges" the school gets: 1) Absolutely ZERO funding from the federal government, which forces the school to drastically increase their tuition just to pay its bills, forcing many to take their kids out of the school 2) Little to no Air conditioning throughout the school which makes it extremely Hot and sometimes unbearable during the early fall and spring 3) Very low budgets for every sports team, which forces parents of athletes to once again use their OWN money to fund new uniforms, bus trips, raffles. 4)Students have to wear shirt and tie every day, and are not allowed to leave the school for lunch.....This list goes on and on trust me..

And secondly MOST of the kids that attend Seton have parents that can't afford to send them there but choose to do so. Making huge sacrifices to give their children a quality education. Many send their kids there because they believe in the Catholic Education system that has provided thousands of people with a great education.

What most people outside of seton don't understand is that this school has survived over the past 50 years because of the generous hearts of the people that went there and the people that paid to send them there. And this is the only way it will continue to survive.

Sure there are wealthy children and families involved in SCC but this is a minority.

One last thought....Seton has won, with EASE the Class B Section 4 title every year since 2009, and won their division something like 9 out of 10 years, including 3 STAC titles, so for you to say Seton should be thankful Sec 4 teams allows them to play is a rediculous and stupid statement. Section 4 teams are afraid to play SETON in sectionals because SCC is notorious for eding seasons. INSTEAD SEC 4 should be thanking Seton for playing in their Section, always fielding great teams out of an incredibly small group of players...Seton has represented Section 4 with extreme heart and I think this community should start to show SCC the same.

You are a clueless, whiny person and are a perfect example of why most people don't like Seton people. I couldn't have made a more compelling case than you just did. And the best part is, you don't even realize it. Ha ha, this is too funny

You are a clueless, whiny person and are a perfect example of why most people don't like Seton people. I couldn't have made a more compelling case than you just did. And the best part is, you don't even realize it. Ha ha, this is too funny

F*ck you ahole. That was a very thoughtful and yes, accurate piece. Why you would write this response is crazy. That person said nothing wrong or anything to prompt your response. Most people who go to Catholic Schools are not rich. They go for a lot of reasons. They sacrifice tremendously to send their kids there and you know what? Its none of your business. You're a small ""cked ahole who throws rocks anonomously to feel tough. Go find something positive to cheer and stop being so fricken angry. And mind your own business.

F*ck you ahole. That was a very thoughtful and yes, accurate piece. Why you would write this response is crazy. That person said nothing wrong or anything to prompt your response. Most people who go to Catholic Schools are not rich. They go for a lot of reasons. They sacrifice tremendously to send their kids there and you know what? Its none of your business. You're a small ""cked ahole who throws rocks anonomously to feel tough. Go find something positive to cheer and stop being so fricken angry. And mind your own business.

Thank you for providing a daily dose of SCC. Very well written and the emphasis on "fricken angry" was perfect.

You managed to scribble out all that and basically none of it pertains to the original post. Nice rant.

It is true though, Seton is only able to play in Section IV with all the public schools because the publics are kind enough to let them. They're throwing SCC a bone. Be thankful and go sit down.

You managed to scribble out all that and basically none of it pertains to the original post. Nice rant.

It is true though, Seton is only able to play in Section IV with all the public schools because the publics are kind enough to let them. They're throwing SCC a bone. Be thankful and go sit down.

Not exactly - SCC and END are dues-paying, full-fledged members of the NYSPHSAA. They have the exact same rights and priveledges as any other member of Sec IV.

Not exactly - SCC and END are dues-paying, full-fledged members of the NYSPHSAA. They have the exact same rights and priveledges as any other member of Sec IV.

Would you please tell me what "NYSPHSAA" stands for? The fact they pay dues is irrelevant and wasn't the point.

Guest NYSPHSAA

And there is the problem with the posts on this site. How can you participate in a thread dealing with sports and high schools and not know what NYSPHSAA stands for? And paying dues to the NYSPHSAA is exactly the point. Just like any other membership, regardless of social/economic status, if you pay you participate and SCC pays, just like the rest of the high schools, to be a member of the NYSPHSAA and therefor participates in public high school leagues, tournaments, and events.

Hard to argue with ignorant hate isn't it ?

Good Luck to Seton in the post season. Represent Section IV and the Binghamton area with class and success (in the State Playoffs) - as you always do.

I believe that the vast majority of the HS hoop fans and families in the area feel the same way.

Again - good luck to Seton hoops. Another Final Four appearance is truly possible this year. Do the Section proud.

And there is the problem with the posts on this site. How can you participate in a thread dealing with sports and high schools and not know what NYSPHSAA stands for? And paying dues to the NYSPHSAA is exactly the point. Just like any other membership, regardless of social/economic status, if you pay you participate and SCC pays, just like the rest of the high schools, to be a member of the NYSPHSAA and therefor participates in public high school leagues, tournaments, and events.

Sorry, I guess the post was over your head. Asking for the definition was rhetorical. Let me dumb it down for you. It's a public high school association which is charitable and allows the catholic schools like SCC to participate, despite the fact those schools have tremendous advantages. It was in response to this brilliance from another SCC hack

"so for you to say Seton should be thankful Sec 4 teams allows them to play is a rediculous and stupid statement. Section 4 teams are afraid to play SETON in sectionals because SCC is notorious for eding seasons"

Just stating facts, SCC is allowed to play out of the goodness of the hearts of the public schools

Sorry, I guess the post was over your head. Asking for the definition was rhetorical. Let me dumb it down for you. It's a public high school association which is charitable and allows the catholic schools like SCC to participate, despite the fact those schools have tremendous advantages. It was in response to this brilliance from another SCC hack

"so for you to say Seton should be thankful Sec 4 teams allows them to play is a rediculous and stupid statement. Section 4 teams are afraid to play SETON in sectionals because SCC is notorious for eding seasons"

Just stating facts, SCC is allowed to play out of the goodness of the hearts of the public schools

What is one advantage that scc has over, say Binghamton or ME?

Wow, most leagues in this state are geographically based. Since we are such a small community, the Catholic School (SCCHS) plays against public schools. Do you think it would be feasible for Seton to play the NYC Catholic Schools a few times a week? Or maybe the Long Island Dioceses' schools?

The Independent School league has religious schools in it. Does that bother you too?

Futhermore, if you think that families that attend Seton don't pay PUBLIC SCHOOL taxes, you are clueless.

They are a member of the league. Nowhere does it say you have to be PUBLIC to be a member.

head_membership.gif

New York State Federation of Secondary School Athletic Associations

Membership in this Federation shall be open to the following recognized Associations, representing secondary schools chartered by the New York State Education Department:

Game Set and Match - another hater moron exposed ...

I live in Bingo. Own a big house. Pay $13,000 in property taxes and don't ask for a red penny from the Binghamton School District. My kids go to Seton. The "goodness of their hearts" my arse. How much property tax do you pay butt munch? We should get much more from those scumbags than we do. But that's ok. So long as the public school teachers have all those great benefits is all that matters, right?

I live in Bingo. Own a big house. Pay $13,000 in property taxes and don't ask for a red penny from the Binghamton School District. My kids go to Seton. The "goodness of their hearts" my arse. How much property tax do you pay butt munch? We should get much more from those scumbags than we do. But that's ok. So long as the public school teachers have all those great benefits is all that matters, right?

BTW, Seton owns HH tonight. Wins by 21. AA don't mean sh*t.

The reality is, if seton fInished in last every year no one would say a word about them playing in the league, but since they whIp public school ass every year, just like they did tonight beating a AA team by 21 on the road in the stac semi-final, everyone wants to complain. Quit bitching and try to get your AA schools to beat a school with 250 kids in it.. And don't spew any bullshit about recruiting, Smothers, Torto, Martin, Armstrong, Perrault, Gosney, ALL been in catholic school system since they were 6 years old.... Enough said

The reality is, if seton fInished in last every year no one would say a word about them playing in the league, but since they whIp public school ass every year, just like they did tonight beating a AA team by 21 on the road in the stac semi-final, everyone wants to complain. Quit bitching and try to get your AA schools to beat a school with 250 kids in it.. And don't spew any bullshit about recruiting, Smothers, Torto, Martin, Armstrong, Perrault, Gosney, ALL been in catholic school system since they were 6 years old.... Enough said

This is the last year of any relevance for Seton in athletics. Enjoy it.

Guest anonymous

For the guy who asked about how the bye is determined for sections 1, 4 and 9: it alternates each year. I think this year section 9 has the bye and next year section 4 will have it.

Totally agree with you. BTW - the Game Set Match post was meant for the anti-Seton scum-bag that was exposed about NYSPHSAA and it's charter.

BHS vs SCCHS....Bing wins by 20+

Not sure who will win but if I was the Seton coach I would call it quits after this year. That is going to be one ugly program after this year.

I think seton will win by about 10...BHS will not be able to deal with scc's defensive pressure. Seton will give them headaches all night, leading to bing players being in foul trouble.

Binghamton by 20 easily...far too quick and athletically superior. SCC is more likely to get into foul trouble. If (and a big IF at that) they are able to keep pace down the court, SCC players may try (though likely a tad or so late) to take the charge and instead accumulate blocking fouls. Defensive pressure will be the issue for SCC not Binghamton.

Archived