Seton Buffer Basketball Thread 2011-2012

Guest Guest

Elmira, Norwich and I take it that JC beat them. That is 3 in a row.

If they played Elmira I didn't see the game. Maybe over the DWI tourney week. The varsity never played Elmira. My bad if I missed that.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you idiot's so worried about the JV's? First off all of you have been wrong at some point in what your posting. Each program is different on how they prep there players and if you watch any of the games you will see the JV and Varsity are doing the same things. It's not always about winning but putting the kid's in position's and teaching them the offense and defense so they can be ready for the varsity. Lets go the other way, Binghamton's JV's have been in and even won the JV championship meany times in the past 7-8 years. Why doesnt that pan out when they move up? Win's or loses, the kids are ready to play and know what it will take to play when up on the varsity at seton. It sounds to me like always, this is another group of mommy's and daddy's that are mad that little Bobby is not playing as much as they think...

Why are you idiot's so worried about the JV's? First off all of you have been wrong at some point in what your posting. Each program is different on how they prep there players and if you watch any of the games you will see the JV and Varsity are doing the same things. It's not always about winning but putting the kid's in position's and teaching them the offense and defense so they can be ready for the varsity. Lets go the other way, Binghamton's JV's have been in and even won the JV championship meany times in the past 7-8 years. Why doesnt that pan out when they move up? Win's or loses, the kids are ready to play and know what it will take to play when up on the varsity at seton. It sounds to me like always, this is another group of mommy's and daddy's that are mad that little Bobby is not playing as much as they think...

Because the coaches do not know how to adjust to the players they have on the team. They run the same plays regardless of who's on the team. You need to adjust. Every kid is different. Size and ability........and then you need to know who the opponent is. Can't do the same thing all the time and expect the same results. The last JV game was silly to watch. Made those kids look foolish. Prime example of how they don't know how to adjust.

Lately Seton has had some very tall boys. And yet the tallest kid should have dominated. But it seemed they never used his size to the fullest. With a 6'10" kid the plays should have revolved around him. But they play the same plays. year in and year out.

STAC site has ME by 12 over Norwich.

Norwich won the game. I was there. It might have ended up 12 but the benches were cleared by the end of the game so the margin doesn't really matter.

Seton has won their section (C, B, or A) 7 out of the last 11 years. Not too bad for the smallest school in the area.

They have won C and B, have never competed as an A. In case you don't know, the schools get bigger as you go up so what they did as a C or B doesn't automatically project to A and AA. What they've done in the STAC is a better indication since a lot of the STAC champs have been A and AA schools.

Guest APP nsutho

I was attending the Seton girls basketball on January 10th and I must say I have never seen such unsportsmanship as I saw from #21 (Angelina Hauer I believe was her name), she was out right dirty on the court, turning to the crowd after making a free throw, and many other actions during the night. Ms Jayne I have respected your coaching over the years but to bring in a transfer and act like that is a disgrace to your program that you have spent so many years building. All of the other ladies showed much more class and represented Seton in the manner one has some to expect from your organization. I hope this is not what we can expect in the future.

the difference between seton and binghamton is that seton plays tough defense. if you saw the dwi games, the teams that seton played we're not use to that in your face, pressure D. Which is why seton was able to hang with them for most of the game.

Bing will not be able to handle the defensive pressure, which is why seton will beat them in the playoffs.

the difference between seton and binghamton is that seton plays tough defense. if you saw the dwi games, the teams that seton played we're not use to that in your face, pressure D. Which is why seton was able to hang with them for most of the game.

Bing will not be able to handle the defensive pressure, which is why seton will beat them in the playoffs.

I would say you have this wrong. Seton will not be able to handle the defensive pressure. Binghamton held UE to single digits in 3 of the quarters in their game.

Wow - did you miss the boat on the DWI games. The teams they faced all played intense man-to-man defense as is normal in most urban leagues. Seton's ability to stay close can be summed up in one word - TORTO. I'm not a Seton player, parent, or even fan - just a knowledgable basketball aficionado. He looked like Jimmy Chitwood in Hoosiers playing the state final. The only good match-up they had on the floor. Credit goes to his teammates for recognizing that and getting him the rock.

You're right, Seton plays hard, and is allowed to have a lot more contact and use of their hands than anyone else. Local officials have 2 standards, 1 for Seton and 1 for everyone else. It's a great advantage and goes away when they leave Binghamton. That's why they've sucked the last 2 years outside section iv.

This seton team is not very impressive from my point of view. they don't seem to be as good as in recent years (besides Torto, love him or hate him he is a great player), they are really an average team.

It's funny to see that they are beating all other teams by 20-30 points. Just shows how bad other teams must be. Even if they were playing UE / ME or whoever, they would still blow them out. I guess we'll see if Bing can knock them off.

This seton team is not very impressive from my point of view. they don't seem to be as good as in recent years (besides Torto, love him or hate him he is a great player), they are really an average team.

It's funny to see that they are beating all other teams by 20-30 points. Just shows how bad other teams must be. Even if they were playing UE / ME or whoever, they would still blow them out. I guess we'll see if Bing can knock them off.

I agree, there are very few local teams that are very good this year. Seton looks decent, far from great. Most of the others are just very average (to be kind)

My prediction - Seton will not win the section 4 class A title. ME has been playing AA schools all season and will be way too tough for them. Watch for the big upset.

My prediction - Seton will not win the section 4 class A title. ME has been playing AA schools all season and will be way too tough for them. Watch for the big upset.

Seton will beat ME by 20+ points, guaranteed. ME could have 6 players on the floor and scc will still beat them.

scc vs. owego tonight, sounds like another dominate win for the saints. Rumor has it that a seton player will be benched for tonight's game...

One thing about public schools. A player misses practice because he is hung over he is booted. Drinking allowed at private schools I guess.

Seton will beat ME by 20+ points, guaranteed. ME could have 6 players on the floor and scc will still beat them.

Seton's last game of the season will be on March 1st 2012

There is no chance that seton loses before the regional state playoffs.

They will have 4 losses this year, 3 in the dwi tournament and then 1 whenever they get knocked out of the playoffs, which will probably be the first game after they win section 4 against Jamesville Dewitt from Syracuse. Take that to the bank.

There is no chance that seton loses before the regional state playoffs.

They will have 4 losses this year, 3 in the dwi tournament and then 1 whenever they get knocked out of the playoffs, which will probably be the first game after they win section 4 against Jamesville Dewitt from Syracuse. Take that to the bank.

I sure hope they don't drug test the players...just saying.

See you people need to do your homework! Thats why I just love reading this crazy talk on here. Seton is now in class A, therefore the will not play section 3 like when in B. So if they play Jamesville Dewitt it will be in a state champoinship game. If Seton wins section 4 they will face section 1 or 9, it depends on who gets the bye this year.

See you people need to do your homework! Thats why I just love reading this crazy talk on here. Seton is now in class A, therefore the will not play section 3 like when in B. So if they play Jamesville Dewitt it will be in a state champoinship game. If Seton wins section 4 they will face section 1 or 9, it depends on who gets the bye this year.

That's a big, big difference. Holy cow. That potentially helps alot.

Archived