Seton Buffer Basketball Thread 2011-2012

Guest Guest

Could you please list some or all of these advantages of which you speak, and specifically, how they improve the basketball team?

I see a lot of disadvantages: high tuition which decreases the number of available players, only one gym - to share with JV's and girls' teams, as well as dances, science fairs, fundraisers, etc...academic requirements for athletes which usually leads to some missed time during the season...the need to raise funds for athletics vs having them paid for by taxes in the school budget...

Don't forget all the rich parents who have kids there and put ungodly pressure on the administration to put their kids on the teams and play them. Seton is more political than any public school. It is a wonder Seton has any winning teams.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget all the rich parents who have kids there and put ungodly pressure on the administration to put their kids on the teams and play them. Seton is more political than any public school. It is a wonder Seton has any winning teams.

Please do tell - what rich kids are playing that shouldn't be??????????

Please do tell - what rich kids are playing that shouldn't be??????????

You saw what happened with the football program. The future of basketball at Seton is not looking great. See the Who's Who on the JV's.

Guest Saint4Life

You saw what happened with the football program. The future of basketball at Seton is not looking great. See the Who's Who on the JV's.

Speaking of the football program, did SCC hire a new coach? Seton will have a great team this coming fall, they are loaded, and I bet a lot of coaches would love the opportunity to work with this group of athletes - I can't wait for them to dominate!

Speaking of the football program, did SCC hire a new coach? Seton will have a great team this coming fall, they are loaded, and I bet a lot of coaches would love the opportunity to work with this group of athletes - I can't wait for them to dominate!

Loaded with what? The best players are leaving or have left. The Judge will be coaching.

Seriously, man, ask around. Maybe for a year or two but the youth program is ridiculously strong. Top to bottom. Seriously, do your homework. BTW, the JV's or 7-1.

Seriously, man, ask around. Maybe for a year or two but the youth program is ridiculously strong. Top to bottom. Seriously, do your homework. BTW, the JV's or 7-1.

Who have the JV's played? Bing? JC? M-E, Norwich? Those are the top JV teams. I really don't know, I'm just asking.

Could you please list some or all of these advantages of which you speak, and specifically, how they improve the basketball team?

I see a lot of disadvantages: high tuition which decreases the number of available players, only one gym - to share with JV's and girls' teams, as well as dances, science fairs, fundraisers, etc...academic requirements for athletes which usually leads to some missed time during the season...the need to raise funds for athletics vs having them paid for by taxes in the school budget...

How about you start by addressing the most important part of the post. Someone claimed poor Seton is getting screwed, the post points out how easy it is for them to win a pool of 4.

As far as advantages the Satan kids have, you're really not claiming those poor kids don't come from more privledged backgrounds are you? If you want to claim having to do a few bake sales stacks up with the issues many of the kids from public schools deal with you're completely clueless. It does explain a lot about how the Seton people think they're owed something.

How about you start by addressing the most important part of the post. Someone claimed poor Seton is getting screwed, the post points out how easy it is for them to win a pool of 4.

As far as advantages the Satan kids have, you're really not claiming those poor kids don't come from more privledged backgrounds are you? If you want to claim having to do a few bake sales stacks up with the issues many of the kids from public schools deal with you're completely clueless. It does explain a lot about how the Seton people think they're owed something.

Oh, I'm sorry. My bad - I didn't understand that coming from a "privledged" background made you a better basketball player. So I turned on an NBA game, and it turns out you are right. That league is just chock full of rich, white, country club kids who had all the "privledges" growing up.

I don't think Seton people (I'm not one, but I enjoy watching their teams) think they are owed anything. If moving them to A makes it too easy for them to win the Section, put them back into C's, where they'd face a field of 16 or so. That's where they belong, based on enrollment.

BTW, I still don't see any of the advantages you claim to see.

Oh, I'm sorry. My bad - I didn't understand that coming from a "privledged" background made you a better basketball player. So I turned on an NBA game, and it turns out you are right. That league is just chock full of rich, white, country club kids who had all the "privledges" growing up.

I don't think Seton people (I'm not one, but I enjoy watching their teams) think they are owed anything. If moving them to A makes it too easy for them to win the Section, put them back into C's, where they'd face a field of 16 or so. That's where they belong, based on enrollment.

BTW, I still don't see any of the advantages you claim to see.

I also don't see any advantages...

This year, and probably most of the years in the past decade, it really wouldn't matter what section seton played in. They would win any section title...including AA. Binghamton would certainly give them a game this season, but they won't beat them. They don't play and defense and will lock up with seton's defensive pressure.

They have lost to Elmira and Norwich haven't they? And I hear Vestal beat them in a scrimmage by around 45 pts with a Seton coach serving as the official. Seton's Jv coach is a wack job.

Guest Guest-Saints4Life

They are in the process now, however who in their right mind would want to walk into that fiasco. Most of the kids don't want to play, some do just to beat up on the culprit's son in practice. Hit em hard kids. The football program is a mess, Story and the other coaches were building that program into something positive, now they have to start over from scratch and somehow convince the kids to play in the process. I guess all we can do is wait and see.

They have lost to Elmira and Norwich haven't they? And I hear Vestal beat them in a scrimmage by around 45 pts with a Seton coach serving as the official. Seton's Jv coach is a wack job.

Lost to Norwich only. Holy crap, man? Seriously talking about scrimmages, now? What a retard.

Lost to Norwich only. Holy crap, man? Seriously talking about scrimmages, now? What a retard.

The only game I believe the ME JV's have won this year was against Norwich so how does that put things into prospective? If Seton is now an A school where does that put their program? Norwich beat them by 19 so any A or AA Jv's would beat them by 30+ if they wanted.

The only game I believe the ME JV's have won this year was against Norwich so how does that put things into prospective? If Seton is now an A school where does that put their program? Norwich beat them by 19 so any A or AA Jv's would beat them by 30+ if they wanted.

M-E was blown out by Norwich JV's

Guest Local Bball fan

Oh on the topic of Seton's JV basketball program. The program is in total chaos. The coach is worse than "a whack job". He is totally incompetent, doesn't utilize the talent they have, and is not respected by any of his players. When he was football coach for Seton, he was the worst coach in Broome County history and now he is adding to resume by becoming the worst basketball coach in local history as well. For years he has been a disgrace to the programm but for some reason Seton keeps bringing him back. His assistant coach Bob Depersis is even more worthless. they have lost the past three games and players are starting to quit and transfer. What will it take for Seton to address this defiency???

Oh on the topic of Seton's JV basketball program. The program is in total chaos. The coach is worse than "a whack job". He is totally incompetent, doesn't utilize the talent they have, and is not respected by any of his players. When he was football coach for Seton, he was the worst coach in Broome County history and now he is adding to resume by becoming the worst basketball coach in local history as well. For years he has been a disgrace to the programm but for some reason Seton keeps bringing him back. His assistant coach Bob Depersis is even more worthless. they have lost the past three games and players are starting to quit and transfer. What will it take for Seton to address this defiency???

the only way to address the deficiency of the jv basketball coach is to fire the sleazy athletic director, chris sinicki, but that will never happen because seton is run by other sleaze bags, and so sinicki is protected... sinicki is in it all for himself, he couldn't care less about the kids, he's been doing it for years... the best thing to do is not support that garbage excuse for a school.

Guest cusegrad72

Congrats to the seton varsity boys...they looked dominant against JC. Regarding the previous post, i agree.... Sinicki better plan on retiring next year with 5 senior starters and all the damage done by the JV coaches. I saw most of the 2nd half and they looked terrible, very poorly coached, and confused. Seton players seem more preoccupied with their own agenda rather than playing as a team.

the only way to address the deficiency of the jv basketball coach is to fire the sleazy athletic director, chris sinicki, but that will never happen because seton is run by other sleaze bags, and so sinicki is protected... sinicki is in it all for himself, he couldn't care less about the kids, he's been doing it for years... the best thing to do is not support that garbage excuse for a school.

Holy cow man. Quick, take your pills. Why so angry? And they have only lost their last two, not 3. You are wrong about that. Just mind your own business, how's that for a suggestion. Chris Sinicki loves Seton. He loves the kids. You are wrong about him. He is incredibly loyal. You may not like his style but don't question his loyalty. He is not a sleeze and you should just go back into your dark hole. And this is not Chris Sinicki.

I also don't see any advantages...

This year, and probably most of the years in the past decade, it really wouldn't matter what section seton played in. They would win any section title...including AA. Binghamton would certainly give them a game this season, but they won't beat them. They don't play and defense and will lock up with seton's defensive pressure.

They only won STAC once in the last 7 years so how were they going to win any class they were in?

Holy cow man. Quick, take your pills. Why so angry? And they have only lost their last two, not 3. You are wrong about that. Just mind your own business, how's that for a suggestion. Chris Sinicki loves Seton. He loves the kids. You are wrong about him. He is incredibly loyal. You may not like his style but don't question his loyalty. He is not a sleeze and you should just go back into your dark hole. And this is not Chris Sinicki.

Elmira, Norwich and I take it that JC beat them. That is 3 in a row.

They only won STAC once in the last 7 years so how were they going to win any class they were in?

Seton has won their section (C, B, or A) 7 out of the last 11 years. Not too bad for the smallest school in the area.

"Chris Sinicki loves Seton."

"He loves the kids."

You love Chris Sinicki.

Archived