SCC Parents smack talk

Guest Guest

What ever happened with the football coach situation that was all over the boards last month?

All the SCC folks were talking smack about how they were going to get Story his job back.

What is the latest?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Saints4Ever

Story is done. Seton head football coaching job is posted and they are taking applications.

and once do we get our new coach, we can get back to being one of the top football teams in new york... seton is going to be explosive this year, absolutely dominating, it is unbelievable the talent that they have this coming year, the new coach will have so much talent to work with, i truly believe that this team will shock the world

Guest Saints4life

and once do we get our new coach, we can get back to being one of the top football teams in new york... seton is going to be explosive this year, absolutely dominating, it is unbelievable the talent that they have this coming year, the new coach will have so much talent to work with, i truly believe that this team will shock the world

You are funny, I take it sarcasm at its best. They may have talent but none of them want to play without Story and the other coaches. What they did to those kids is wrong and we can only hope they can forgive those who betrayed them and move on. Only time will tell.

What ever happened with the football coach situation that was all over the boards last month?

All the SCC folks were talking smack about how they were going to get Story his job back.

What is the latest?

They were not talking smack they tried and did not succeed. You see when you have political hands and blackmail in the mix there isn't much you can do. Add the church in there and you have one hot mess!!

They were not talking smack they tried and did not succeed. You see when you have political hands and blackmail in the mix there isn't much you can do. Add the church in there and you have one hot mess!!

People, I have no one playing football at Seton, but was familiar with the situation. I own a business and if an employess lied on their application about past criminal convictions (drugs) and exaggerated their accomplishiments they would be fired, no matter what. So get over it. Kids don't understand that concept but adults should. Todd Story, who was a decent football coach, lied to get the job and was rightfully dismissed, no matter how that fact was discovered. Get over it.

People, I have no one playing football at Seton, but was familiar with the situation. I own a business and if an employess lied on their application about past criminal convictions (drugs) and exaggerated their accomplishiments they would be fired, no matter what. So get over it. Kids don't understand that concept but adults should. Todd Story, who was a decent football coach, lied to get the job and was rightfully dismissed, no matter how that fact was discovered. Get over it.

Is that as bad as a Judge using his court room for personal gain? He was not fired. Explain that to the kids.

Is that as bad as a Judge using his court room for personal gain? He was not fired. Explain that to the kids.

A parent should tell their kids that is not right. How hard is that? Does that somehow make lying on an application by the coach any less of a lie? Of course not.

A parent should tell their kids that is not right. How hard is that? Does that somehow make lying on an application by the coach any less of a lie? Of course not.

So which is worse, a judge who is supposed to uphold the law or someone who neglects to put something on their application that happened almost 10 years ago. It is funny how the politician never loses their job. How do you tell your kid it wasn't right but goverment doesn't do anything to back up your beliefs?

i think the seton football team will be very good next year, because they have lots of determination and are very good at so many things. i think they always show good sportsmanship, always try their hardest, and are proud to be saints. i really like their uniforms, and their helmets stickers are the best. go saints, you guys are the tops

i think the seton football team will be very good next year, because they have lots of determination and are very good at so many things. i think they always show good sportsmanship, always try their hardest, and are proud to be saints. i really like their uniforms, and their helmets stickers are the best. go saints, you guys are the tops

I agree they will be a good team if the boys will play, that remains to be seen.

Guest Seton Parent

I have a student that goes to Seton. I also have only heard, like many of you, second hand the events surrounding the non-contract renewal of the Mr. Story. First of all, for those that are so tuned in on the loss of players because of this situation, sobeit. I have a player that is an athlete, but I believe that many parents are not sending their players to Seton for athletics as much as they are for the academics, let alone other important issues like faith education, etc.

Additionally, New York is an at-will state. Whether his issues were 10 years ago or last year, the coach apparently was not as truthful about his past. I say "apparently", but no person in the private school sector is "guaranteed" anything. If he falsified anthing on his application, then he should be let go. Look at it this way, many folks on the site are hammering the Catholic Church for the serious faults of its past, but now when there is a wrong that should be corrected, many slam them and say it is not fair. Teachers have been dismissed for texting students, are far less issue than what apparently surrounded Mr. Story's issue; I do not hear any outcry with those situations.

Lastly, folsk talk about politics in the catholic system - well it exists everywhere (and unfortunately that it does). There was a more agregious issue with Mr. Matt Wood at Vestal, where he was not offered a new contract for the Girls Varsity Soccer Program. Not becuase he was so successgful (which he was), but because of parental (political) involvement. Of course, no outcry there too.

I really don't understand, if he was not offered a contract renewal for Seton wanted to go another direction, then why the big issue.

Lastly, this is a Seton School issue. I welcome the departure of those students that feel harmed - let's get back to watch Seton does best - faith-based academics.

I have a student that goes to Seton. I also have only heard, like many of you, second hand the events surrounding the non-contract renewal of the Mr. Story. First of all, for those that are so tuned in on the loss of players because of this situation, sobeit. I have a player that is an athlete, but I believe that many parents are not sending their players to Seton for athletics as much as they are for the academics, let alone other important issues like faith education, etc.

Additionally, New York is an at-will state. Whether his issues were 10 years ago or last year, the coach apparently was not as truthful about his past. I say "apparently", but no person in the private school sector is "guaranteed" anything. If he falsified anthing on his application, then he should be let go. Look at it this way, many folks on the site are hammering the Catholic Church for the serious faults of its past, but now when there is a wrong that should be corrected, many slam them and say it is not fair. Teachers have been dismissed for texting students, are far less issue than what apparently surrounded Mr. Story's issue; I do not hear any outcry with those situations.

Lastly, folsk talk about politics in the catholic system - well it exists everywhere (and unfortunately that it does). There was a more agregious issue with Mr. Matt Wood at Vestal, where he was not offered a new contract for the Girls Varsity Soccer Program. Not becuase he was so successgful (which he was), but because of parental (political) involvement. Of course, no outcry there too.

I really don't understand, if he was not offered a contract renewal for Seton wanted to go another direction, then why the big issue.

Lastly, this is a Seton School issue. I welcome the departure of those students that feel harmed - let's get back to watch Seton does best - faith-based academics.

There is outcry at Vestal and maybe some board members will be voted out this year. The football coach at Vestal shows what a certain member on the board and an assistant superintendent demand. Take on your team who we tell you and play the ones we want and you will always have your job no matter the record. The soccer coach would not play that game and was fired like the previous football coach who was succesfull also.

If Seton did not offer sports they would close in no time. Notre Dame is known as having very high standards acedemically, but end their football program? How many would go there? In fact if Notre Dame never had a football program would they even exist today?

I think it's a clear demonstration of what SCC folks are all about. They whine and cry and get on BCV and talk all sorts of smack but when push comes to shove they all roll over take it. No wonder their football team was so weak and timid....

So where does this leave the QB that was supposed to put SCC on the map?

Guest Saints

There is outcry at Vestal and maybe some board members will be voted out this year. The football coach at Vestal shows what a certain member on the board and an assistant superintendent demand. Take on your team who we tell you and play the ones we want and you will always have your job no matter the record. The soccer coach would not play that game and was fired like the previous football coach who was succesfull also.

If Seton did not offer sports they would close in no time. Notre Dame is known as having very high standards acedemically, but end their football program? How many would go there? In fact if Notre Dame never had a football program would they even exist today?

Are you really trying to compare that University of Notre Dame to Seton Catholic?? Really?? You just lost any credibility you had.

I think it's a clear demonstration of what SCC folks are all about. They whine and cry and get on BCV and talk all sorts of smack but when push comes to shove they all roll over take it. No wonder their football team was so weak and timid....

So where does this leave the QB that was supposed to put SCC on the map?

the qb that was supposed to put scc on the football map is still at scc.

the new coach has not been hired i don't think, and it doesn't look like they will get one anytime soon, maybe march. we heard a couple conflicting rumors, one that scc will have a great football team next year, the other that they will be average at best, so if any one knows what is going on, i'd love to hear it. it will be interesting to see who they hire for a coach.

They won't have many coaches beating on the door for the job. Low pay, long hours, etc. Maybe a chance for someone to make a name for himself.

it would be an honor to coach the saints, the school spirit is the greatest, and our kids are so, so special, not to mention talented and gifted... if our kids put their minds to it they can be the best at whatever they do... i bet lots of coaches want the job, its not just about pay, you know... it's also about love and caring, devotion and committment to our children... love live the saints...

Based on the comments on this topic, and other Seton topics over the last several weeks, I cannot understand the support for the football coaches.

To the parents who support Story, can you please explain why you want someone who lied about his education (both HS and College - never completed either), lied about his football experience (didn't even play at Montrose, let alone college), and has a criminal record for drugs coaching your children?

Guest Saint4Life

Based on the comments on this topic, and other Seton topics over the last several weeks, I cannot understand the support for the football coaches.

To the parents who support Story, can you please explain why you want someone who lied about his education (both HS and College - never completed either), lied about his football experience (didn't even play at Montrose, let alone college), and has a criminal record for drugs coaching your children?

If what you say is true, that Story lied about his education, especially that he didn't complete high school or college, lied about his football playing experience which yu say is none, and has a criminal drug record, then the Story supporters are not fit to be parents.

But to add to the above, assuming your claims are true, why did was this not uncovered during the interviewing process? It seems to me that the individuals who did the hiring should also be removed from their positions, of which athletic director Chris SInicki being a primary culprit. Is anyone asking for his dismissal, because he certainly did not do the proper research on this, further showing himself to be an incompetent administrator.

If what you say is true, that Story lied about his education, especially that he didn't complete high school or college, lied about his football playing experience which yu say is none, and has a criminal drug record, then the Story supporters are not fit to be parents.

But to add to the above, assuming your claims are true, why did was this not uncovered during the interviewing process? It seems to me that the individuals who did the hiring should also be removed from their positions, of which athletic director Chris SInicki being a primary culprit. Is anyone asking for his dismissal, because he certainly did not do the proper research on this, further showing himself to be an incompetent administrator.

The AD does not do the checking - this is done by the Diocese..........

Guest Saint Seton

My god . This is te job that noone wants. Finally someones comes in and does a good job and you throw him out? come on? Everyone who really knows him knows he cares about the program and tha atheletes. To bad sad ending to a good STORY.

Guest Saints4life

My god . This is te job that noone wants. Finally someones comes in and does a good job and you throw him out? come on? Everyone who really knows him knows he cares about the program and tha atheletes. To bad sad ending to a good STORY.

It is a sad ending to a good story. However, Story messed up so this is his penance. I don't think Seton had a choice in the matter, that with all the blackmail and corruption going on. Story is a good coach, but there are other good coaches, we can only hope they are not turned off by the powers that be. All they have to do is play little Ricky and things will be golden. What is sad to see is how people so carelessly blast a man without knowing all the facts, making accusations and all. Everyone knows the motives to why the information was brought forward and by who, what everyone does not know is all the facts involving Story.

Archived