SCC Parents smack talk

Guest Guest

It is a sad ending to a good story. However, Story messed up so this is his penance. I don't think Seton had a choice in the matter, that with all the blackmail and corruption going on. Story is a good coach, but there are other good coaches, we can only hope they are not turned off by the powers that be. All they have to do is play little Ricky and things will be golden. What is sad to see is how people so carelessly blast a man without knowing all the facts, making accusations and all. Everyone knows the motives to why the information was brought forward and by who, what everyone does not know is all the facts involving Story.

Amen brother. Glass houses and stones. Those that called for Story's dismissal will have their proverbial day on court one of these days.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least the private schools can clean house of teachers and coaches like the football coach, public schools have to live with poor performers. I guess tenure and NYSUT is a wonderful thing, NOT!

Guest SaintsRSpecial

The AD does not do the checking - this is done by the Diocese..........

So what does the seton AD do? Isn't that one of his duties, to direct the athletic program, to make sure that the programs that the AD is responsible for are being conducted properly, to make sure the right coaches are in place? What exactly are the duties of the seton AD?

Let's face it, there are a few chris sinicki lackeys (read morons) that will support that low life no matter how corrupt and incompetent he is. You sinicki supporters should be very proud of your teflon slimeball hero. He kept supporting story to his face, then when a little pressure comes from some greasy politicians, turns his back on story. Hey saints, have a great 2012 football season, i'm sure seton football will be awesome for years to come, even though they don't have any idea who will be coaching.

So what does the seton AD do? Isn't that one of his duties, to direct the athletic program, to make sure that the programs that the AD is responsible for are being conducted properly, to make sure the right coaches are in place? What exactly are the duties of the seton AD?

Let's face it, there are a few chris sinicki lackeys (read morons) that will support that low life no matter how corrupt and incompetent he is. You sinicki supporters should be very proud of your teflon slimeball hero. He kept supporting story to his face, then when a little pressure comes from some greasy politicians, turns his back on story. Hey saints, have a great 2012 football season, i'm sure seton football will be awesome for years to come, even though they don't have any idea who will be coaching.

Sinicki is a puppet, I don't doubt he was supporting Story to his face and stabbing him in the back at the same time. He is as dirty as the rest of them. I would think it would be a conflict of interest to have the AD also be a coach for the school. I can't wait to see the team of coaches they dig up for the upcoming football season. I am sure they are trying to grease their pockets as I speak. A true indication of if the next coaches are legit will be seeing who gets the coveted QB spot.

Sinicki is a puppet, I don't doubt he was supporting Story to his face and stabbing him in the back at the same time. He is as dirty as the rest of them. I would think it would be a conflict of interest to have the AD also be a coach for the school. I can't wait to see the team of coaches they dig up for the upcoming football season. I am sure they are trying to grease their pockets as I speak. A true indication of if the next coaches are legit will be seeing who gets the coveted QB spot.

if caleb scepaniak stays at seton, why would he not be the qb? isn't he their best choice?

if caleb scepaniak stays at seton, why would he not be the qb? isn't he their best choice?

If he stays then yes, at this point he may be leaving at years end.

Many small schools have their AD also coach. Locally, Windsor did it for years with Mr. Vail. Even small colleges do it. There is no money in these small schools - so everything has to be stretched. Sinicki doesn't even have a secretary. At least Gary had his secretary/wife.

I would assume AD duties include scheduling, ref arrangements, transportation arrangements, interviewing coaches for vacancies. At the Catholic schools, the AD must also be involved in fundraising and booster club activities. At SCC the AD also has other duties which I won't go into here - but I'm pretty sure no other AD in a public or private school is doing these.

I agree with the previous poster who said that the AD doesn't do any kind of background check or credential investigation. That would be a job for human resources. Same in public schools. The ultimate hire is by the BOE in public schools, probably the principal in private.

Guest Vestalite

While I admit to not knowing all the facts (real or imagined), I cant begin to imagine that SCC parents would want a coach who (again, I am basing these statements on posts here and what I've heard in person) has had legal troubles, fabricated accomplishments to appear qualified to get the job and MAY have mistreated team members...if thats the type of coaches you want helping to form your childrens character, then I am glad to say my kids have and always will go to public school.

I dont know Story or the whole story, but to sit here and whine is ridiculous...

Guest SCC Parent

While I admit to not knowing all the facts (real or imagined), I cant begin to imagine that SCC parents would want a coach who (again, I am basing these statements on posts here and what I've heard in person) has had legal troubles, fabricated accomplishments to appear qualified to get the job and MAY have mistreated team members...if thats the type of coaches you want helping to form your childrens character, then I am glad to say my kids have and always will go to public school.

I dont know Story or the whole story, but to sit here and whine is ridiculous...

I can't say for sure if any of the facts again real or imagined are true or an outlandish attempt to ruin a man's reputation, but I can say for a FACT that no team members were mistreated. Many people have had legal troubles in life and things that happened when the coach was young should not reflect what he has done with the program. If these troubles were big things such as murder, rape, child abuse..ect. I could see the uproar. From what I am hearing these are minor incidents that happened when he was young. I am not saying that it is alright, but people do make mistakes in life and tend to learn from them. Story is gone there is nothing anyone can do to bring him back so it is time to move on. The powers that be wanted him out, they got him out, so now its over. I do have to say the that the character he showed our kids was nothing but genuine and caring. He helped raise a great deal of money for the football program and had his team out helping flood victims this fall. Say what you want about him and his past, but the truth is he is a good guy who made some mistakes. You can't take that away from him no matter how you bash him on here, unless of course you are Jesus Christ himself and have never made a mistake or bad judgement.

I wish that everyone realized ALL coaching jobs in NY are one year appointments. All of them. You mush reapply every year. So, coaches are just not rehired. They are not fired. Why anyone would coach at this point amazes me.

I wish that everyone realized ALL coaching jobs in NY are one year appointments. All of them. You mush reapply every year. So, coaches are just not rehired. They are not fired. Why anyone would coach at this point amazes me.

This is a private school. One year at public schools.

I would suggest that most AD's in public schools also have a degree or certification of some sort. Mr Sinicki does not!

The teachers are not required to have master degrees either. Seton is not a public school.

Guest ILuvSeton

Hahaha, that is great!! Best thing I read all day! Thanks for the laugh.

with the players that seton will have this coming year, seton football will once again be among the tops in the area, if not the state, because the our children they are the best, bar none! those kids have such good values, and are so talented and gifted. i can't wait to see some of them playing for the new york giants when they get older, they are that good. and also, they are well groomed and so cute too!!! so with glad voices, we joyously shout from on high...shine on, saints, shine on!

Get a life...there is no reason to rip on the kids of seton. There are some good players but there is no reason to mock them saying they will be playing for the NY Giants. In fact it is very rare for a kid from this area to make it to the NFL

"Story is done. Seton head football coaching job is posted and they are taking applications."

does it really matter who coaches seton football? can they ever have a good team, i don't think so.... they don't have football type kids that go there, they aren't dedicated enough... they think that just because they might do good in a 7-on-7 scrimmage with no hitting, they will be real good, but that isn't real football... they play teams like walton and tioga, and they never pass, but they don't have to, especially against seton, they will just rip them up on the ground, the seton kids have a hard time with tough, aggressive athletes... football is for tough guys, seton will be lucky to win 3 games next year, only because they will have spencer-ve and thomas a edison, two sorry teams, on the schedule, and who knows, they may have improved, not sure if seton has a lot coming back, besides the qb, but it probably doesn't matter...

"Story is done. Seton head football coaching job is posted and they are taking applications."

does it really matter who coaches seton football? can they ever have a good team, i don't think so.... they don't have football type kids that go there, they aren't dedicated enough... they think that just because they might do good in a 7-on-7 scrimmage with no hitting, they will be real good, but that isn't real football... they play teams like walton and tioga, and they never pass, but they don't have to, especially against seton, they will just rip them up on the ground, the seton kids have a hard time with tough, aggressive athletes... football is for tough guys, seton will be lucky to win 3 games next year, only because they will have spencer-ve and thomas a edison, two sorry teams, on the schedule, and who knows, they may have improved, not sure if seton has a lot coming back, besides the qb, but it probably doesn't matter...

WORD

WORD

I do not believe they will have team next year. I've heard that around 7 players have transferred out and others that would have moved up are going back to public school. I heard the name of one coach who put in for the job who is a proven winner but I really doubt he would put the Judge's kid at QB so he probably won't be hired.

I do not believe they will have team next year. I've heard that around 7 players have transferred out and others that would have moved up are going back to public school. I heard the name of one coach who put in for the job who is a proven winner but I really doubt he would put the Judge's kid at QB so he probably won't be hired.

At this rate they may not, but the judge's kid won't be QB anyway, the other two at the school far exceed him. If Miller ends up QB anyone left on the team will walk off. He might as well be the water boy for his last year at SCC.

At this rate they may not, but the judge's kid won't be QB anyway, the other two at the school far exceed him. If Miller ends up QB anyone left on the team will walk off. He might as well be the water boy for his last year at SCC.

It's really funny how when the SCC people are attacking each other they see all the arrogance and hypocracy but they're blind to it when they're treating other people that way.

This is so much fun to watch. It's almost as good as the thread when the M-E people all turned against each other.

Archived