Softball Powers of Section 4 this year

Guest guest

As good as Union Endicott's Rachel Mouilleseaux and Alexis Eastman are I would say that the Corning combination of Elyssa LeBaron and Quincy Lewis is a little bit better, thus giving Corning the edge over U/E going into this season

UE will dominate with Rachel Mouilleseaux and Alexis Eastman pitching for varsity

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if that news is true, Its February 13th and I would bet that she will be ready by April 1st and the start of the softball seaon.

Sorry but elyssa labaron is out with a torn acl

Even if that news is true, Its February 13th and I would bet that she will be ready by April 1st and the start of the softball seaon.

If the girl actually has a torn ACL and goes the surgical route she will not be ready in a month and a half. Rehab for ACL is 6-8 months for pro athletes a HS kid isn't doing it in 6 weeks

Yep, correct. If it is a full tear, then you are looking at anywhere between 6 and 10 months, with aggressive rehabilitation. If this is the case, she would be done for this season.

If the girl actually has a torn ACL and goes the surgical route she will not be ready in a month and a half. Rehab for ACL is 6-8 months for pro athletes a HS kid isn't doing it in 6 weeks

The teams might fundraise to help pay for the girls hotel rooms. The school is responsible for paying for the bus driver, gas etc. Waste of my money. Play the local teams.

Keep your money, please send me what your school taxes are and then factor in a ratio for how much money YOU actually pay towards school sports and I will reimburse your district.

In Class AA:

1) Corning HS - Although U/E will be strong, you have to go with Corning, given that they have All State Pitcher Quincy Lewis back on the mound and probably have the best overall player in the STAC and potenitally a State Player of the Year Candidate in Syracuse University bound, Elyssa LeBaron at Shortstop. Corning is playing the toughest non-league schedule of all the STAC-AA Teams this upcoming season, so that will help them as well

2) Union Endicott HS - The Lady TIgers return a very nice pitcher in Junior hurler Rachel Mouillesseaux, but the loss of Gabby Orlando will be huge.and hard to replace. However. the coaching that Coach Testa brings to this group of girls is a major factor on the positive side.

3) Horseheads HS - With the trio of Shannon Good, Alexa Archambeault, Elizabeth Thompson all returning, makes the Lady Blue Raiders dangerous, but the coaching is suspect and the out-of-league schedule weak at best.

4) Vestal HS - The Dynamic Duo of Kristen Hickling and Savonna Connolly, makes the Golden Bears dangerous. The big question is how they are goind to replace their great catcher, Amanda DeAngelo.

5) Binghamton HS - Catcher Ashley Lomonaco and Pitcher MacKenzie Cronin are both gone. Upstart Leah McGovern returns at shortstop. Team Chemistry issues last year was an issue with a team loaded with talent. New Coaching Staff this year will try to bring in an infusion of new attitudes and confidence. Binghamton has certainly not backed off of challenging themselves with probably the 2nd most difficutl out of league schedule within the AA in the STAC this season.

For the Smaller Schools:

1) Susquehanna Valley HS - This will be the season that these seniors will be measured against. Lindsey Haskell, Abby Hogan, and Laura Knight lead the way. It will be interesting to see how this team matures throughout this upcoming season. A "So-So" Non-League schedule could play into how well they do come sectionals. However, for right now, SV is the team to beat

2) Windsor HS - Yes, this team lost 2 key players from their State Championship Team in Cara Martin and Leslie Dempsey. But they return Kelly Costello and Shelly Tucker and have a some really good pitching coming up from the Junior Varisty ranks. Windsor also has the best coaching staff in the STAC East/Central, along playing the most challenging Non-League Schedule of all of these schools, So, I would not be surprised that Windsor wins the Section 4 - Class B Championship when it is all said and done

3) Chenango Forks HS - Yes, this very well could be the year that CF makes some noise in the STAC. Will they win the STAC or Section. Most likely not, but this could be the best Chenango Forks team in quite some time. Shortstop Michaela Transue and Catcher Chelsea Henige will bring a new sense of excitement to this team. Also a very challenging schedule will help come playoffs.

4) Chanango Valley HS - Coach Coleman is in a rebuilding mode with this team. Having to replace All State Pitcher Taylor Hendrickson and STAC All Star Lauren Eggleston will be HUGE! However, CV is starting over with a nice foundation player in Taylor Stupski

I have to point out to you that Taylor Stupski is a senior, she is an absolute stud but as a senior how can you say she is a foundation player. You have also made some other rather lame comments. I must say though that overall it was a positive post and that is a big step for the Voice.

Although a few inaccurate (CV's Stupski is a Senior) or not up to date statements (LeBaron is out for the season), the overall assessment was positive and professionally done, which is nice for the BC Voice.

Despite the key losses to graduation, I like Windsor to win the section again in class b. it will definately be efa in class a, afton to win class d, and for the aa's, its between union-endicott and corning (toss up)

I have to point out to you that Taylor Stupski is a senior, she is an absolute stud but as a senior how can you say she is a foundation player. You have also made some other rather lame comments. I must say though that overall it was a positive post and that is a big step for the Voice.

Guest Section 4

As far as out of town scheduling goes, this area usually brings the best to them. The Morabito was hosted here and unfortunately we lost it. Chenango Valley hosts one of the most competitive scrimmage dates in the state with Bay Shore, Happaugue, Plainedge, White Plains, Webster Scroeder, usually in attendance. U-E and CV have played section 2 power Shenendehoa consitenly over the years at the Mary Testa Tournamnet, and C-NS routinely makes a trip to the Binghamton area.

Windsor chooses to get its competition in Mudville, but again these are usually only day trips.

Class AA and B should be great races.

Class AA: Corning's loss makes this an even race. Very good pitching at Corning, and U-E, but Elmira will pitch well and they have the most talent. Look out for Vestal to be the most talented tam in the section, but can their pitching hold up to the level of their competition. Not sure any of these teams can advance through section 1, 4, 9, but U-E and Corning have the best shot with their solid pitching.

In Class A: There is no EFA. Nobody can stop M-E in this class. Question is can they get out of Section 1, 4, 9.

In Class B: CV lost, Hendrickson, Eggleston, and Huston. Chelsea Henige replaces the lost catcher and provides a big bat. There question is pitching. Both Windsor and SV are good, but both have some unanswered questions as well. SV maybe less than Windsor, but Windsor probably has better personel capable of answering those questions immediately. Oneonta may have the most athletic group of the bunch. There isn't a standout team here, as there has been in the past, but still very likely a state championship contender in the bunch!

In class C: E-ND is tough again!

In D: Afton is BACK!

Yes, Section 4 has had a great history of games in our backyard. CV has hosted scrimmages against those mentioned teams. which has been interesting to watch (although be it only scrimmages and not real games). The Testa Tournament over at U/E has been a great event over the past few years. And, yes, Shenendehowa HS out of Section 2, has come over to our area in the past to play a few games (usually against Dale Cook coached teams).

I agree that it is really really sad that the best tournament in the state, the Morabito Tournament, is no longer being played at BAGSAI, but with some of our area teams still playing in it, in my opinion, it is worth the drive to watch it.

As far as the races in each classification this upcoming season, I agree with the above mentioned posters, as it relates to Class AA. With LeBaron out for the year, that slides Corning back a little, but having their pitcher back is big. Union Endicott will be strong and Jim Testa is an outstanding coach. However, I don't feel as high as others are as it relates to Vestal. They may be a good team, but I don't think that they have enough to over come either Corning or U/E.

In Class A, I think it will be a 2 team race between EFA and Maine Endwell. EFA losing Mollie Peck will hurt and M/E having Cara Cawley back will help them. Both have strong returning players. Owego could be the darkhourse team

In Class B, CV getting Heinge tranfering to their program will help, but the losses of Hendrickson, Eggleston, and Huston. Windsor lost a tremendous amount of talent from last year's team, but I think that their program will just be re-loading rather than re-building (that and playing another extremely tough schedule this season). Sus Valley has the talent, but I had heard that Coach Sax resigned after last season, so having a new coach will play into how well they do. The darkhorse team just might be Chenango Forks, with Michaela Transue returning at Shortstop (making some to wonder why Heinge transferred?)

In Class C, there should be ZERO DOUBT in anyone's minds, that Elmira Notre Dame will repeat. With the dynamic duo of Olivia May and Sydney Dimon back, along with other really strong players, they will dominate again

And finally in Class D, Afton will be motivated as they have never been motivated before. Last year was just an abnominally off year for them and Coach Bostleman will make absolutely sure that there is no doubt in any of her players minds that they are more than capable of capturing the Class D State Title.

As far as out of town scheduling goes, this area usually brings the best to them. The Morabito was hosted here and unfortunately we lost it. Chenango Valley hosts one of the most competitive scrimmage dates in the state with Bay Shore, Happaugue, Plainedge, White Plains, Webster Scroeder, usually in attendance. U-E and CV have played section 2 power Shenendehoa consitenly over the years at the Mary Testa Tournamnet, and C-NS routinely makes a trip to the Binghamton area.

Windsor chooses to get its competition in Mudville, but again these are usually only day trips.

Class AA and B should be great races.

Class AA: Corning's loss makes this an even race. Very good pitching at Corning, and U-E, but Elmira will pitch well and they have the most talent. Look out for Vestal to be the most talented tam in the section, but can their pitching hold up to the level of their competition. Not sure any of these teams can advance through section 1, 4, 9, but U-E and Corning have the best shot with their solid pitching.

In Class A: There is no EFA. Nobody can stop M-E in this class. Question is can they get out of Section 1, 4, 9.

In Class B: CV lost, Hendrickson, Eggleston, and Huston. Chelsea Henige replaces the lost catcher and provides a big bat. There question is pitching. Both Windsor and SV are good, but both have some unanswered questions as well. SV maybe less than Windsor, but Windsor probably has better personel capable of answering those questions immediately. Oneonta may have the most athletic group of the bunch. There isn't a standout team here, as there has been in the past, but still very likely a state championship contender in the bunch!

In class C: E-ND is tough again!

In D: Afton is BACK!

"But they return Kelly Costello and Shelly Tucker"

Shelly Tucker? You're kidding right? She is a okay but the younger Emma Benson is a much more solid player than "Shelly Tucker"! LMAO!

Don't count Windsor out of this upcoming seasons race. Actually, Windsor needs to be considered as a serious contender in Class B in the STAC. To do less with Windsor this spring is just not smart softball.

Shelly Tucker? You're kidding right? She is a okay but the younger Emma Benson is a much more solid player than "Shelly Tucker"! LMAO!

No just ask her dad

Just look at the success that the Windsor HS Softball Program has had over the past 10 years. Its up there with the success that those Dale Cook coached Sus Valley Teams had in the late 90's and early 2000's and those Ron DeCosse coached Chenango Forks teams of the late 80's and early 90's. Not yet at the level that Afton has had during its history

No just ask her dad

Keep dreaming they both got "SHELLED" in travelball this past summer and fall.

hahaha this is funny because they play girls at an 18u gold level and half of the girls playing on school teams aren't at that level of play

hahaha this is funny because they play girls at an 18u gold level and half of the girls playing on school teams aren't at that level of play

Neither one of them played GOLD LEVEL softball. I think you should get your facts straight. One played for the 16u Conklin Raiders and the other the 18u Diamond Dusters so where's the GOLD?

Really! Eastman couldn't hack Cook's practices etc. when she got asked to move up and just recently quite his team. Also most of the girls in section 4 play travelball at A level which in the southern tier is equal to your so called gold ball!

Really! Eastman couldn't hack Cook's practices etc. when she got asked to move up and just recently quite his team. Also most of the girls in section 4 play travelball at A level which in the southern tier is equal to your so called gold ball!

Still think that Corning HS has the better pitching in the larger school STAC, with the hitting, now, being about even betweeen U-E and Corning. Coaching Edge goes to Union Endicott. With all of this in mind, I believe that the slight edge goes to Corning this upcoming season

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Neither one of them played GOLD LEVEL softball. I think you should get your facts straight. One played for the 16u Conklin Raiders and the other the 18u Diamond Dusters so where's the GOLD?

Oh i should get my facts straight? Look at the 16u Conklin Raiders schedule from this past summer. THEY PLAYED 18U GOLD TEAMS. and they competed VERY well against them for only being freshman in highschool. so before you go running your mouth saying they didn't play 18u gold teams GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

Guest guest

Oh i should get my facts straight? Look at the 16u Conklin Raiders schedule from this past summer. THEY PLAYED 18U GOLD TEAMS. and they competed VERY well against them for only being freshman in highschool. so before you go running your mouth saying they didn't play 18u gold teams GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

Don't kid yourself they got killed in every tournament they played in. Sunday morning the bags were packed and ready to go because it wasn't going to be a long day, except for the drive home. Not playing for a "gold" team now are they? Can you say shelled? -_-

Guest Guest

Don't kid yourself they got killed in every tournament they played in. Sunday morning the bags were packed and ready to go because it wasn't going to be a long day, except for the drive home. Not playing for a "gold" team now are they? Can you say shelled? -_-

Oh and how the hell would you know this? Your an idiot because they went really far in a couple of their tournaments winning one and going to the semi finals in others. Can YOU say shelled?

Guest Guest

Oh and how the hell would you know this? Your an idiot because they went really far in a couple of their tournaments winning one and going to the semi finals in others. Can YOU say shelled?

WOW, they won one!!!! They did really well then.

Archived