Softball Powers of Section 4 this year

Guest guest

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest quest

Rumor has it Norwich has some very nice players coming up, four eight graders and one ninth grader. All five play travel ball down in Binghamton {three with TC Tremors, one with Black Widows, and one ??} Three pitchers, catcher, and shortstop.

Guest Guest

Rumor has it Norwich has some very nice players coming up, four eight graders and one ninth grader. All five play travel ball down in Binghamton {three with TC Tremors, one with Black Widows, and one ??} Three pitchers, catcher, and shortstop.

Whats your point?

Guest Guest

Norwich? LMAO now that's funny $hit right there.

Guest Guest

The CF team is ready to play with the top level. It's a very strong and dedicated group including the best player around. Watch out STAC East which is still very strong.

Guest Guest

The CF team is ready to play with the top level. It's a very strong and dedicated group including the best player around. Watch out STAC East which is still very strong.

And who might that be?

Guest guest

Norwich? LMAO now that's funny $hit right there.

Time will tell.....May surprise a few teams this year {both JV & Varsity}....From what I have heard the eight grade class coming up is very athletic especially for the girls. New season, new coach, new reason to be optimistic!

Guest Guest

Windsor also has very athletic 8th grade, girls and boys, as well as 7th graders. Wouldnt be surprised to hear across the boards

Time will tell.....May surprise a few teams this year {both JV & Varsity}....From what I have heard the eight grade class coming up is very athletic especially for the girls. New season, new coach, new reason to be optimistic!

Guest Guest

The good 8th graders are going to JV for Baseball and Softball, only 1 kid ( boy) has refused to go up to JV because what i understand he is still playing travel soccer and does not have the time to give to JV baseball good decsion on his part because he is an excellent soccer player.

Guest Guest

from Norwich?

The good 8th graders are going to JV for Baseball and Softball, only 1 kid ( boy) has refused to go up to JV because what i understand he is still playing travel soccer and does not have the time to give to JV baseball good decsion on his part because he is an excellent soccer player.

Guest Guest

Programs do turn around from negatives to positives. It just takes the right combination of good coaching, athletic and dedicated players who give it 100% and listen 100%, and a little luck. Programs can also turn on a dime from Positives to Negatives, because of the opposite of the above. Norwich and Chenango Forks could indeed be 2 programs that might be on the rise (Many people might not remember when Jenn Markert, Ron DeCosse and Chenango Forks were the BEST High School Softball Program in the STAC for many many years). So don't be so quick to pass any negative comments on any program in our area. "You Never Know What Might Happen"

Guest Guest

What is the world coming to? A softball power discussion about Norwich & CF. Dale Cook where are you?

Dale has a Norwich girl and CF girl on his travel team.

Guest guest

Programs do turn around from negatives to positives. It just takes the right combination of good coaching, athletic and dedicated players who give it 100% and listen 100%, and a little luck. Programs can also turn on a dime from Positives to Negatives, because of the opposite of the above. Norwich and Chenango Forks could indeed be 2 programs that might be on the rise (Many people might not remember when Jenn Markert, Ron DeCosse and Chenango Forks were the BEST High School Softball Program in the STAC for many many years). So don't be so quick to pass any negative comments on any program in our area. "You Never Know What Might Happen"

Very well put! The above mention Norwich girls have been playing travel ball for the past four years traveling across NYS, Mid-Atlantic, and Nationals. The remaining girls play summer ball in a 16U league in Oneonta. Good Luck to ALL Section 4 Teams!!!!!!!!!!

Guest curious

Enlightening, since a parent of a kid trying out for modified baseball told me the modified coach told the kids NO one was being asked to move to JV for baseball, esp the one who told everyone he was practicing with the JV team, therefore he was moving up.

40+ kids trying out, most (if not all) of last years 7th grade team included. My faux paux, it does sounds like most of this years most talented 8th graders moved up.... Hope the coach doesn't discover Jr felt soccer was more important than improving his baseball career by moving to a more challenging team. If he is so good he was invited to try out (not a guarantee he would make the team, BTW) he could balance both, exhibiting his stunning skills for all to enjoy.

Maybe some of the 8th grade girls, heard there are 22 trying out, and only a pitcher was moved last I heard. From the games I have seen her pitch, between her and the red head in 7th grade, Windsor will continue to produce power pitchers in softball for a while. Oh, and for you blasters, both have been Cook students...

I am not sure this isn't mom or dad saying Jr was asked to move up, but felt it was his "duty" to stay down, to make themselves feel better?? If he is such a hot shot soccer player, why not focus on soccer? "Jack of all trades, master of none" ring a bell?

Windsor

Guest Guest

As we are just at the beginning of the 2012 STAC Softball Season, maybe based upon some early scrimmages (given the nice weather we have had), are there any teams that stand out in both the Large School and Small School catagories?

Guest Stac Watcher

As we are just at the beginning of the 2012 STAC Softball Season, maybe based upon some early scrimmages (given the nice weather we have had), are there any teams that stand out in both the Large School and Small School catagories?

Norwich crushed Windsor 13-1 Norwich looks strong

Guest guest

baseball or softball, JV or Varsity........

This is a softball post right?? Varsity Sotball scrimmage. 8th grader pitched for Norwich I think

Guest Guest

Enlightening, since a parent of a kid trying out for modified baseball told me the modified coach told the kids NO one was being asked to move to JV for baseball, esp the one who told everyone he was practicing with the JV team, therefore he was moving up.

40+ kids trying out, most (if not all) of last years 7th grade team included. My faux paux, it does sounds like most of this years most talented 8th graders moved up.... Hope the coach doesn't discover Jr felt soccer was more important than improving his baseball career by moving to a more challenging team. If he is so good he was invited to try out (not a guarantee he would make the team, BTW) he could balance both, exhibiting his stunning skills for all to enjoy.

Maybe some of the 8th grade girls, heard there are 22 trying out, and only a pitcher was moved last I heard. From the games I have seen her pitch, between her and the red head in 7th grade, Windsor will continue to produce power pitchers in softball for a while. Oh, and for you blasters, both have been Cook students...

I am not sure this isn't mom or dad saying Jr was asked to move up, but felt it was his "duty" to stay down, to make themselves feel better?? If he is such a hot shot soccer player, why not focus on soccer? "Jack of all trades, master of none" ring a bell?

There are so many axes to grind in this post, I don't know where to start.

Archived