Melky Cabrera

In case you haven't noticed....Melky is tearing it up.

Cabrera leads the National League in batting average (.373), hits (78), triples (6), total bases (115) and runs (38). He has a .417 on-base percentage and is slugging .550. Since the beginning of 2011, Cabrera has the most hits (278) of any player in either league. He's only 27 years old.

Is Cabrera a superstar, a juicer or is he simply playing over his head?

I didn't see it coming, but I'm not the GM of the Yanks either.

Another great job, Brian!

He's a free agent at the end of this season and has proven he can play in the bright lights of New York. I'll take Melky a 2nd time rather than Javier a 3rd time.

Micheal "Im not o",Kay said many, many times that Cabrera wasnt an every day player?!??

Yanks put their chips into Granderson which made Melky expendiable. Gardener is still evolving, but Melky is a switch hitter that is much better than Swisher.

Cant be perfect, but Cashman has been less than stellar lately. Thank god Petite came out of retirement??

• 2 months later...

Brian forgives you.

Melky was so far and above his normal line of expectations that even the most ardent supporters had to wonder.

Bottom line is PED's are still very well active in MLB. Contract years are tempting for players to gamble with. Melky just lost

a multi million dollar bet.

Not me.

What 27 is forgetting (at least when he posted the OP) is why they dealt him.

He was a fat drunk who was corrupting the now "most feared" hitter in the league.

His on field personality is great and all but reality is he can't keep out of Manhattan night clubs and like Billy Martin taking the Mick out

nightly, he was dismissed.

Not me.

What 27 is forgetting (at least when he posted the OP) is why they dealt him.

He was a fat drunk who was corrupting the now "most feared" hitter in the league.

His on field personality is great and all but reality is he can't keep out of Manhattan night clubs and like Billy Martin taking the Mick out

nightly, he was dismissed.

I too have heard he may be the biggest douche bag in the league off the field. Check some Atlanta and KC blogs and their fans reactions to all of this...heard he's just and absolute dick. Karma gets another and will cost him MILLIONS.

• 1 month later...

Archived