Derek Jeter Breaks Ankle! Out for the rest of the year

27 Time World Champions

Guest Joe Lefebvre

27 - Surprised to see you jumping ship so soon. Remember when the Dodgers won the first 2 games of the series back in 78 ? Remember the Braves taking the first 2 in 96 ? I know - this feels different for sure, and the new stadium / corporate crowd is embarassing to real hardcore Yankees fans, but you gotta believe. How many times did this team look like they were going down this year only to suck it up and charge back. Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pear Harbor ????

NOOOOO !

Keep the faith KID ...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

27 - Surprised to see you jumping ship so soon. Remember when the Dodgers won the first 2 games of the series back in 78 ? Remember the Braves taking the first 2 in 96 ? I know - this feels different for sure, and the new stadium / corporate crowd is embarassing to real hardcore Yankees fans, but you gotta believe. How many times did this team look like they were going down this year only to suck it up and charge back. Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pear Harbor ????

NOOOOO !

Keep the faith KID ...

Joe, the Yanks have been put on Double Secret Probation (whatever that means). There's only 1 thing left to do...

toga.jpg

NOOOOO !

Keep the faith KID ...

Joe, all kidding and stupid pictures aside, I haven't given up hope. I remember '78 and '96 well. Yes, this does feel different, but if the Yanks can get by Verlander on Tuesday, I like their chances. They would have CC on full rest Wednesday, Pettitte on Thursday, Kuroda on full rest Saturday and CC going Sunday on short rest, but that's nothing to him. Of course this is all contingent upon the Yankee bats coming alive and the starters still firing on all cylinders.

Improbable? Yes

Impossible? Heck, no!

Joe, all kidding and stupid pictures aside, I haven't given up hope. I remember '78 and '96 well. Yes, this does feel different, but if the Yanks can get by Verlander on Tuesday, I like their chances. They would have CC on full rest Wednesday, Pettitte on Thursday, Kuroda on full rest Saturday and CC going Sunday on short rest, but that's nothing to him. Of course this is all contingent upon the Yankee bats coming alive and the starters still firing on all cylinders.

Improbable? Yes

Impossible? Heck, no!

Stunned, and just about done.

Guest Mr Sarcastic

I look for a yankee comeback now that the "captain" is not around to hold them back................27 -- Love the Michael Dukakis picture........Looks like you may have stolen some content from THe Naked Gun!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

27 time you'll need to hope the yanks have the heart of these two fighters. If you have never watched this it is not only a tragic day but one hell of a fight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYOmUP4qczs

I remember that fight well. Heck, I watched it live on national television. Gotti vs.Ward (take your pick which fight) were also wars. CC, Pettitte, Mo and the guy with the broken ankle have similiar hearts. Not sure about the rest of 'em

You must either be a Mets or Red Sux fan.

Neither you tool. Red Sux? Wow, original! Come up with that one all on your own? That's some clever and witty material right here I tell ya.

Guest johnny damon

the yanks got 'em just where they want 'em. 1 game at a time

game 4: cc

game 5: pettitte

game 6: kuroda

game 7: cc

If the bats wake up, it's possible

The worst part is the Yanks could easily be up 3 games to 0. I still think the Yanks will make it interesting. The Yanks have the pitching. If the bats come alive, anything is possible

Archived