Newtown, Ct., NRA Now Has a Real Problem

Guest Guest

History shows that registration leads to bans and confiscation. You can lie about it or say it isn't true but history proves otherwise. The fools stating that nobody is talking about taking your guns are either being intentionally dishonest or are just gullible fools. The government isn't going to say they are going to take our guns until they show up at the door to take them.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of those records already exist at the dealer. Every time you buy a firearm in NY you have to fill out a couple pages and the firearm information is recorded there. It is maintained by the dealer and is subject to review by Feds and state authorities. Doesn't happen very often and they don't check much is what I was told. But the records are there.

Easy I just tell them I sold all mine. As far as I know only one of my guns was registered at the dealer.

History shows that registration leads to bans and confiscation. You can lie about it or say it isn't true but history proves otherwise. The fools stating that nobody is talking about taking your guns are either being intentionally dishonest or are just gullible fools. The government isn't going to say they are going to take our guns until they show up at the door to take them.

Smartest post of the thread.

Did you read that on the internet gullible fool?

And what are you going to do in your imaginary world when the government shows up? Tell them they have to take it from your cold, dead hands? That won't be the first time that happened Mr. Koresh.

Because nothing ever changes, right? HIstory also shows us that the world is flat and tomatoes are poisonous.

Because nothing ever changes, right? HIstory also shows us that the world is flat and tomatoes are poisonous.

I think you are confusing the errors of what people thought in history with what happened in history. The way you are putting it is the world indeed was flat at one time and changed. Is that what you believe?

So what were all you gun advocates saying about law abiding citizens buying and owning guns....and how only criminals are the problem?

http://news.yahoo.co...-081801852.html

".... he stayed out of trouble until 2010, police said Friday. That's when Spengler went to a sporting goods store with a neighbor's daughter, picked out a Bushmaster semiautomatic rifle and a shotgun and had her buy the guns that the convicted felon couldn't legally possess.

On Monday, he used the weapons to ambush firefighters lured to a blaze he set at his house in upstate Webster, killing two people and wounding three others before killing himself.

On Friday, state and federal authorities charged the woman who bought the guns, 24-year-old Dawn Nguyen, with lying on a form that said she would be the owner of the guns she bought for Spengler."

What? I can't hear you.

Do you seriously not get it...still?

Really?

So what were all you gun advocates saying about law abiding citizens buying and owning guns....and how only criminals are the problem?

".... he stayed out of trouble until 2010, police said Friday. That's when Spengler went to a sporting goods store with a neighbor's daughter, picked out a Bushmaster semiautomatic rifle and a shotgun and had her buy the guns that the convicted felon couldn't legally possess.

On Monday, he used the weapons to ambush firefighters lured to a blaze he set at his house in upstate Webster, killing two people and wounding three others before killing himself.

On Friday, state and federal authorities charged the woman who bought the guns, 24-year-old Dawn Nguyen, with lying on a form that said she would be the owner of the guns she bought for Spengler."

What? I can't hear you.

Really?

The criminal got someone else to do something against the law and both broke the law again. One is dead by his own hand and the other is on her way to prison. What part of criminal don’t you understand. He wasn’t suppose to be able to buy a gun and she broke the law getting the gun for him.

And that is why we need better gun control.

400158_579029492110831_679858494_n.jpg

The US has the most prisoners because of our archaic drug laws and the completely UNAMERICAN policy of allowing private, for profit, prisons. Where their only goal is to make sure they stay full to ensure their profits remain high... disgusting.

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason

Co-author of the Second Amendment

during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves …"

Richard Henry Lee

writing in Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic, Letter XVIII, May, 1788.

"The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full possession of them."

Zachariah Johnson

Elliot's Debates, vol. 3 "The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution."

"… the people are confirmed by the next article in their right to keep and bear their private arms"

Philadelphia Federal Gazette

June 18, 1789, Pg. 2, Col. 2

Article on the Bill of Rights

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"

Samuel Adams

quoted in the Philadelphia Independent Gazetteer, August 20, 1789, "Propositions submitted to the Convention of this State"

Wow. I guess the Founding Fathers had severe cases of "gubmint goin' take my guns" syndrome. LOL

The criminal got someone else to do something against the law and both broke the law again. One is dead by his own hand and the other is on her way to prison. What part of criminal don’t you understand. He wasn’t suppose to be able to buy a gun and she broke the law getting the gun for him.

Ok. Let's go through this point by point.

He served his whole 17 year sentence in prison for murder. Was denied parole multiple times. They couldn't keep him anymore, according to the LAW. You know, the law that you law abiding citizens obey.

You claim he "got her" to buy the guns. She's an adult. She made a choice and willfully committed the act. It's not like you can blame everything that happened on the "criminal".

Obviously she chose to break the law and become another "criminal". And then lied about it to the cops. Can't predict that, can we? Apparently it's pretty easy to buy a Bushmaster at Gander Mountain, as long as you dont' have a criminal record. What gun laws already on the books are we supposed to use to keep this from happening? Please, inform me.

"One is dead by his own hand and the other is on her way to prison." Oh, why didn't you say this had a happy ending? As long as you get to keep buying more Bushmasters with flash suppressors, everything's good, huh? Because we all fully understand the multitude of practical uses for flash suppressors and large clips. Don't want to scare those squirrel away with your first 5 shots, do you?

Oh, and by the way, you're wrong. FOUR people are dead, not one. Pretty easy to forget those two first responders who were ambushed when you're protecting your rights to buy more kid killing military-style guns, huh?

And three more people were wounded. But let's not count them, right?

You're right: He wasn't supposed to be able to buy guns. He didn't. She did. Think it won't ever happen again?

He also had a pistol that she didn't buy. Apparently getting guns is so easy for criminals to do that he was able to obtain guns at least twice.

Let's break this down to some ridiculously easy principles of basic math to see if you can grasp it: The more Bushmasters, flash suppressors and high count clips civilians can buy legally, the more there are available to past and future criminals. Is this too difficult a concept to wrap your mind around still?

I love your solution to the problem: do nothing. That'll get a lot accomplished and make all our first graders and firefighters safer. What will you say when someone with a Bushmaster they purchased a few weeks ago slaughters someone you know or love? Think it can't happen? Just ask the residents of Newton if it can't.

Ask the Webster Fire Department. When firefighters get tired of being sitting targets for lunatics with assault guns quit and get different jobs, who will save your house when a fire breaks out? See how this affects everyone in America in more than just one way? Or am I getting too deep for you?

Oh...and here's another possible outcome of any one of the school shootings that's happened over the last decade.

Suppose the parents and teachers of a school like Sandy Hook decide to file a class action lawsuit against multiple defendants, like the school system, the makers of the Bushmaster, the manufacturers of the flash suppressors and large clips, the Police Dept. of Newton, the NRA (of course), the Town, County and State Governments, a branch of the Federal Government and who knows who else?

What would happen if they win a suit and get awarded, say, 10 billion dollars in damages for everyone and anyone not being able to protect their kids and fellow teachers? Because no one could keep the Bushmasters out of the hands of the criminals?

What would happen to the school system, the local and state governments, your cherished NRA, etc? Might they all go bankrupt? Have to shut down the schools or raise taxes 800% to keep them financially viable?

Now...and this is where it gets difficult for some of you....imagine what might happen to YOU if such a scenario unfolds in your hometown. Your rent skyrockets. There's no school to send your kids to. You have to get up at 4 am every day to drive them 2 hours to some inner city crap school. Keep in mind that, although the Constitution guarantees your right to bear arms, it doesn't mandate that your kids have a school bus to hop on for a 20 minute ride to a safe building full of qualified teachers. The Fire Dept. and Police Dept. disband. The County no longer plows your roads.

Let's say your answer to that is "I'll just move". Sure, along with everyone else in your county. Everywhere you go rents are 500% higher than you can pay, housing prices have skyrocketed. Lawsuits suddenly pop up in Columbine and Aurora Co., Virginia, Webster, NY...anywhere someone has killed even a single person with an assault rifle and large clip. I wonder what effect that might have on the national economy.

At current rate, something like this is probably more likely to happen than the Feds knocking on every door in America to confiscate all the guns. Actualy, no, I'm wrong. Confiscation is NEVER going to happen. Sooner or later, a major lawsuit will definitely occur at some point, if a few law offices aren't already drawing up the forms now. Happy trails.

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason

Richard Henry Lee

writing in Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic, Letter XVIII, May, 1788.

blah blah blah

If you can't add anything to the topic besides the totally irrelevent "their gonna take all our guns, Pa!", please stop posting. It's old, tired, lame and gets in the way.

Ooops...I stand corrected, This just in......

http://news.yahoo.co...-184925148.html

"A lawyer who's asking to sue Connecticut for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old Newtown school shooting survivor who heard violence over the school's intercom system says the potential claim is about improving school security, not money.

"It's about living in a world that's safe," New Haven attorney Irving Pinsky told The Associated Press on Saturday. "The answer is about protecting the kids."

The state Board of Education, Department of Education and state education commissioner failed to protect the child "from foreseeable harm," including by failing to provide a safe school setting, the filing said."

If you can't add anything to the topic besides the totally irrelevent "their gonna take all our guns, Pa!", please stop posting. It's old, tired, lame and gets in the way.

I guess you didn't read the first part. That posting shuts down all arguments that state the "government will not take your guns." The government will register and then confiscate guns when they choose or when the next massacre happens. The biggest gun grabbers are democrats. Why is that? They can have guns but they don't want YOU to have guns and they are not very fond of the Constitution.

I guess you didn't read the first part. That posting shuts down all arguments that state the "government will not take your guns." The government will register and then confiscate guns when they choose or when the next massacre happens. The biggest gun grabbers are democrats. Why is that? They can have guns but they don't want YOU to have guns and they are not very fond of the Constitution.

Heirarchy_of_Paranoia.gif

Heirarchy_of_Paranoia.gif

George Mason

Richard Henry Lee

"The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full possession of them."

Zachariah Johnson

Elliot's Debates, vol. 3 "The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution."

"… the people are confirmed by the next article in their right to keep and bear their private arms"

Philadelphia Federal Gazette

June 18, 1789, Pg. 2, Col. 2

Article on the Bill of Rights

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"

Samuel Adams

quoted in the Philadelphia Independent Gazetteer, August 20, 1789, "Propositions submitted to the Convention of this State"

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

I don't know how else to respond to the ludicrious "They're all gun grabbers, Pa, and they're coming for ours!!" rant.

Which Democrat Congressman do you think will personally show up at your house?

Did you read that on the internet gullible fool?

And what are you going to do in your imaginary world when the government shows up? Tell them they have to take it from your cold, dead hands? That won't be the first time that happened Mr. Koresh.

From the history books, twat. Stay ignorant.

What? I can't hear you.

Really?

She is a criminal. It was not a legal purchase. Nice try fool.

Archived