Newtown, Ct., NRA Now Has a Real Problem

Guest Guest

Columbine. Virginia Tech. Aurora. And now, 28 people dead in a school in Connecticut -- 20 of them kids. We sit, all across the country, in shock. How could this happen? There are no satisfying answers. But one thing we know is that it's outrageous that our country hasn't passedsensible gun control laws yet.

That's because, for decades, the National Rifle Association (NRA) has opposed any and everyreasonable proposal to regulate guns. NRA head Wayne LaPierre has made it his personal mission to make it easier for Americans to be able to buy guns and to threaten every politician who stands in his way. ENOUGH. Let's tell the NRA we're done with their extremism and show our politicians the public is ready to stand with them against La Pierre.

Sign the petition now and send it to everyone -- when we hit 1 million we'll surround NRA headquarters and let them know this is the last tragedy of the NRA's reign:

http://www.avaaz.org...bMzBndb&v=20189

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the nation grieves for twenty schoolchildren gunned down in Connecticut, the religious right has the audacity to blame America's public schools for protecting students' religious freedom.

The American Family Association's leading spokesman used his radio show to argue that God allows violence in public schools because the Supreme Court has prohibited mandatory school prayers.

And speaking live on Fox News, Mike Huckabee said that this shooting happened because "we've systematically removed God from our schools." He added, "Maybe we ought to let [God] in on the front end, and we wouldn't have to call him to show up when it's all said and done."

These words are an insult to the victims, an embarrassment to sincere Christians, and a dangerous distraction from the national scourge of gun violence. Hateful and unchristian rhetoric like this has no place on a major television news network.

Tell Fox News to take Mike Huckabee off the air unless he apologizes immediately.

He has nothing to apologize for. He was basically saying that the removal of god, Ten Commandments, ethical living, personal responsibility, and concern for something other than the individual self has created a population of shallow, wayward children that grow up to do the things like that monster yesterday. It's the truth. Not saying you have to believe in a higher power but when you totally eradicate it, disrespect it, and dismiss it. That is what you get.

Columbine. Virginia Tech. Aurora. And now, 28 people dead in a school in Connecticut -- 20 of them kids. We sit, all across the country, in shock. How could this happen? There are no satisfying answers. But one thing we know is that it's outrageous that our country hasn't passedsensible gun control laws yet.

That's because, for decades, the National Rifle Association (NRA) has opposed any and everyreasonable proposal to regulate guns. NRA head Wayne LaPierre has made it his personal mission to make it easier for Americans to be able to buy guns and to threaten every politician who stands in his way. ENOUGH. Let's tell the NRA we're done with their extremism and show our politicians the public is ready to stand with them against La Pierre.

Sign the petition now and send it to everyone -- when we hit 1 million we'll surround NRA headquarters and let them know this is the last tragedy of the NRA's reign:

Gun control doesn't work retard. Come up with something new. Guns are not the problem. Criminals, mentally ill, and the liberal policies and society that enable them are the problem. Quit making excuses and blaming inanimate objects.

He has nothing to apologize for. He was basically saying that the removal of god, Ten Commandments, ethical living, personal responsibility, and concern for something other than the individual self has created a population of shallow, wayward children that grow up to do the things like that monster yesterday. It's the truth. Not saying you have to believe in a higher power but when you totally eradicate it, disrespect it, and dismiss it. That is what you get.

Yeah, because nobody has ever been killed in the name of God.

Guest ghost of X-mas future

Better yet, call Crime Warner and demand FNC be removed. Oh, yeah, that's right - all ckts are busy!

Really, what's wrong with "Thou shall not kill"?

As the nation grieves for twenty schoolchildren gunned down in Connecticut, the religious right has the audacity to blame America's public schools for protecting students' religious freedom.

The American Family Association's leading spokesman used his radio show to argue that God allows violence in public schools because the Supreme Court has prohibited mandatory school prayers.

And speaking live on Fox News, Mike Huckabee said that this shooting happened because "we've systematically removed God from our schools." He added, "Maybe we ought to let [God] in on the front end, and we wouldn't have to call him to show up when it's all said and done."

These words are an insult to the victims, an embarrassment to sincere Christians, and a dangerous distraction from the national scourge of gun violence. Hateful and unchristian rhetoric like this has no place on a major television news network.

Tell Fox News to take Mike Huckabee off the air unless he apologizes immediately.

DA, your ignorance is worth the price of admission here.

Amen, brother. This country was founded on the philosophy of Christianity.

Gun control doesn't work retard. Come up with something new. Guns are not the problem. Criminals, mentally ill, and the liberal policies and society that enable them are the problem. Quit making excuses and blaming inanimate objects.

Let me ask a serious question. In the 1980's, three children were killed by accidental misuse of Jarts (lawn darts, remember those?) In 1988, the Consumer Product Safety Commission banned them, and now you can't buy a steel tipped lawn dart in the U.S. We blamed that inanimate object.

So here's my question. How did one product get completely banned over 3 deaths over a course of years, and yet one that causes that many deaths in less than a day, is still sold?

Guest ghost of X-mas future

And Star Wars figures are deemed a choking hazard for 3 yr olds! Lawn darts and George Lucas toys are not protected by the US Const, fool.

Let me ask a serious question. In the 1980's, three children were killed by accidental misuse of Jarts (lawn darts, remember those?) In 1988, the Consumer Product Safety Commission banned them, and now you can't buy a steel tipped lawn dart in the U.S. We blamed that inanimate object.

So here's my question. How did one product get completely banned over 3 deaths over a course of years, and yet one that causes that many deaths in less than a day, is still sold?

hey, they are (still) displayed (not the originals) at the US Supreme Court. any other things I can shoot down?

Still bringing up the Ten Commandments?

try to keep it easy to understand, friend.

And Star Wars figures are deemed a choking hazard for 3 yr olds! Lawn darts and George Lucas toys are not protected by the US Const, fool.

I just checked and didn't find anything in the Constitution about the right to bear lawn darts.

What if I wanted Jarts to defend my family cuz you can't count on the cops and you can't trust the gub'mint. Huh?

You can't take my Jarts when you pry them from my cold dead hands!

Militia!

Amen, brother. DDT might do a number on insects but we can't use it. Meanwhile, malaria is still a major prob in the developing world.

Alas, DDT is not listed in the US Const either.

I just checked and didn't find anything in the Constitution about the right to bear lawn darts.

hey, they are (still) displayed (not the originals) at the US Supreme Court. any other things I can shoot down?

So are Confucius and Mohammed (images, not the real people) Your point is what?

My point was that "Thou shall not kill" is a good thing. You would argue that, apparently? Also would you deny christianity was a building block for this country? More than Mohammaed and Confucius were?

So are Confucius and Mohammed (images, not the real people) Your point is what?

My point was that "Thou shall not kill" is a good thing. You would argue that, apparently? Also would you deny christianity was a building block for this country? More than Mohammaed and Confucius were?

'Don't kill' is just as good as 'Thou shalt not kill'.

For anyone to infer that tragedies like yesterday's are the result of less religion in school is implying that religion somehow on its own stops violent behavior (it doesn't) or that people without religion are automatically psycho-killers (they aren't).

Did you actually listen to Huckabee, after this happened? I'm guessing 'no'. I'm guessing you got the scent of religion and went on the attack. Sad.

'Don't kill' is just as good as 'Thou shalt not kill'.

For anyone to infer that tragedies like yesterday's are the result of less religion in school is implying that religion somehow on its own stops violent behavior (it doesn't) or that people without religion are automatically psycho-killers (they aren't).

Did you actually listen to Huckabee, after this happened? I'm guessing 'no'. I'm guessing you got the scent of religion and went on the attack. Sad.

Gimme a break, he's one song on a broken record, all these fundies think that prayers are the answer to everything, so why try real solutions.

It must be painful to believe in the whole God vs. Satan thing, cuz Satan would be winning for sure these days.

Ok. So you trash the message w/o even listening to it. Speaks volumes.

Gimme a break, he's one song on a broken record, all these fundies think that prayers are the answer to everything, so why try real solutions.

It must be painful to believe in the whole God vs. Satan thing, cuz Satan would be winning for sure these days.

Archived