Newtown, Ct., NRA Now Has a Real Problem

Guest Guest

Prisons are designed to keep bad people in.

I am talking about keeping bad guys out.

"Hardening" a target is easy. It requires effort and a little up front cost but is easy to do. Especially in a school where the walls are typically brick and concrete. Harden doors and windows and nobody would even notice it standing back and looking at the school. Then, on each floor of the school designate every 4th or 5th room a "safe room" where the room itself is hardened and lockable at more than one point. Then train your staff...everyone from the lunch room aid to the superintendent of schools needs to be trained in getting the kids to the safe rooms.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

uninformed? according to the shooting scene timeline, there was no alarm before the shots started.It doesn't say anything about an alarm at all except for a call was made to the state police and a intercom was left on warning people after the shooting started.

Yes. And it was before he got to the kids. They had time to get some out and hide others in closets. Enough time to draw a weapon and attack the attacker. If the pricipal had been armed, she may have been able to end it as soon as it began. Don't try so hard. You are going to hurt your brain.

Not too bright, are you?

Now re-read my post but when I call the guest jerk....say it laughing.

ok ok I got it. Easy to miss sarcasm with the printed word. You could have been stressing minutes because you considered that a fast response. Knowing your intent now, it makes sense the way you intended it also.

Read is as though you were an hysterical liberal and you can see it the other way. lol

The point is, if the school had better security measures (bullet proof glass as one example) then it would have taken the guy longer to get in. Police were there within minutes of the call and according to the timeline posted by CNN, MSNBC, CBS, and even the killers at fox news they (cops) were called as soon as the nutjob started shooting the glass to gain entry into the building.

Now, if those bullets were not effective at gaining him entry, he would have had to come up with a plan B. All of which would take seconds or minutes allowing the police time to get there.

It amazes me that afer all of this and all that we have learned that we still have not hardened our schools against this sort of thing. Bullet proof glass is incredibly cheap as is layered plexiglass that will stop up to a .308 Winchester round. It would have been a much better outcome if he could not have even gotten into the school and was plugged by the PD when they arrived on scene.

"killers at fox news"??? Really? And you wonder why people misunderstood your other post?

I didn't hear that it was bulletproof glass. If ours is shot you do not end up with glass all over the ground like they described. Considering where the school was, their security was impressive. Some would even say "over the top". Not me and not anybody ever again will think that. CCTV, electronically controled vehicle access to lots, locked the doors at a specific time, and other measures. Seems the only thing they were missing was the capability of an armed response to a determined attacker.

ok ok I got it. Easy to miss sarcasm with the printed word. You could have been stressing minutes because you considered that a fast response. Knowing your intent now, it makes sense the way you intended it also.

Read is as though you were an hysterical liberal and you can see it the other way. lol

Oh I know. Most of the time I am just being a smartass

I do think it was a fast response by the PD though, if the school was hardened, they could have kept the nutjob at bay until the cops got there.

"killers at fox news"??? Really? And you wonder why people misunderstood your other post?

I didn't hear that it was bulletproof glass. If ours is shot you do not end up with glass all over the ground like they described. Considering where the school was, their security was impressive. Some would even say "over the top". Not me and not anybody ever again will think that. CCTV, electronically controled vehicle access to lots, locked the doors at a specific time, and other measures. Seems the only thing they were missing was the capability of an armed response to a determined attacker.

Oh come on, you know by now that if you cite Fox news for anything on here you will be ripped for it. By putting down "killers from Fox news", I am mearly stressing that I do not get my info exclusively from Fox. If you dont overstate it Liberals dont understand it.

Can't get any 5.56 except for tracer ammunition!! Bought 850 rounds of it. Thankfully, I have a friend who will swap at least some of it because he is almost out of tracers. I have no idea what he uses them for other than entertainment. LOL

Dont know if you reload but I found I combo that when run out of 1:8 twist or 1:9 twist is just great!

62gr Sierra bullet

Hodgdon C223 powder

CCI small rifle primers

Miday USA has bulk sales going on right now.

Reload .45 ACP and 45 Colt. Not set up for rifles. Things had seemed to be getting better for legal gun owners until this nutjob came along. Even the gun grabbers seemed to recognize the folly of gun bans. They saw that 10 years under the previous ban didn't accomplish anything except make them more expensive. They don't even realize how it unfairly punishes those with lower incomes. Or they do and don't care.

Damn it. So you are telling me I missed the sarcasm again!!!! Never again will I assume any left leaning in your posts.

Actually, once you get away from firearms and using abortion as a method of birth control, I am actually left leaning on most of the big topics.

I think gays should have every right as anyone else.

I think the top 5% in this country is screwing the rest of the 95% over and should ante up.

I think most of our prisons are filled with "nothing" (pot posession/dealing for example) crimes invented to keep people down.

I think corporations are greedy and getting rich off the backs of the American people and then throwing them away like a used paper towel.

I think black Americans are still oppressed and slavery was bad enough but what the blacks went through during WWII for example is still covered up and has yet to be acknowledged is a tragedy as well.

I think people SHOULD be given a helping hand.....BUT, my right side says it should have well defined LIMITS.

No, the above is not sarcasm, I really feel this way. That is why I dont believe in the left/right labels that so many on here THRIVE on.

Actually, once you get away from firearms and using abortion as a method of birth control, I am actually left leaning on most of the big topics.

I think gays should have every right as anyone else.

I think the top 5% in this country is screwing the rest of the 95% over and should ante up.

I think most of our prisons are filled with "nothing" (pot posession/dealing for example) crimes invented to keep people down.

I think corporations are greedy and getting rich off the backs of the American people and then throwing them away like a used paper towel.

I think black Americans are still oppressed and slavery was bad enough but what the blacks went through during WWII for example is still covered up and has yet to be acknowledged is a tragedy as well.

I think people SHOULD be given a helping hand.....BUT, my right side says it should have well defined LIMITS.

No, the above is not sarcasm, I really feel this way. That is why I dont believe in the left/right labels that so many on here THRIVE on.

We agree on some and not others.

I agree about homosexuals. Like with most people I couldn't care who someone else is married to. I always believed that the government should honor civil unions and have nothing to do with with marriages. Everyone has civil unions and if you want to get married, go ahead and do that too. To me, it is a separation of church and state issue. Why are they involved with a religious tenet like marriage?

I don't agree about the rich. Do I think some take advantage? Sure. But I hate when people say they should pay a fair tax. They already pay a larger percentage of the taxes than what they take in wealth.

I disagree on the race issue. The only people I ever hear bring up race are liberals. When you look at everything through the prism of racism you will see it everywhere, even where it does not exist.

Corporations? Its called capitalism and is what made this the greatest country on the planet. It may not be the perfect system but is better than everything else out there.

Criminals? I have worked in correction and my experience is that the vast majority of people don't go to prison unless they are pure scumbags. When I first started, with the ink still wet on my degree, I thought that alot of them just needed a hand up, a ged, counseling, AA or NA. ....... Nope. You go to jail, usually after repeated crimes, and you are a genuine bad guy. I never saw anyone in jail for BJ pot charges. If you were in for pot then it was for SERIOUS amounts and these guys were as bad as any crack dealer out there.

I agree that we should have social programs but we have way too much. It is BS that a woman can be on her 4th kid, 4th baby daddy, by the age of 23. On welfare. Getting "free" treatment and rides to and from the hospital. The left wants them to have free birth control but aparently we need to teach them how to use it. They have more kids and I have to pay higher taxes to support them. Like I said, I support charity and helping those who need it but there should be a contract that they are going to try to rise above it. They don't.

Yes. They would need to get training. Everyone agrees with that. ABC news. LOL They aren't biased at all. It doesn't take that much training to prepare yourself. Cops only spend 4 to 8 hours on the range, 2 times a year. Only once a year qualification is required in NYS. All it takes is a modicum of training and developing the proper MIND SET. Being prepared has always been more of a cognitive issue than an equipment or training one. Once again, stay ignorant, bingoturd.

We agree on some and not others.

I disagree on the race issue. The only people I ever hear bring up race are liberals. When you look at everything through the prism of racism you will see it everywhere, even where it does not exist.

I have been studying WWII for years now.

If you want to understand a few things about racism then do some research into the 333rd Field artillery. More specifically the Wereth 11. The first monument to them was purchased by a retired individual in Belgium with his OWN MONEY...NOT by the Amrica they went overseas to defend/protect.

RIP and thank you to the brave me of the Wereth 11

William Edward Pritchett

James A. Stewart

Thomas J. Forte

Mager Bradley

George Davis

James L. Leatherwood

George W. Morten

Due W. Turner

Curtis Adams

Robert Green

Nathanial Moss

Your Country may not have wanted to acknowledge you and everyone else may have forgotten about you but in my house your names ring out as the true heros you men were, thank you for your sacrifice!!

Lets look at the treatment of African Americans in the South during WWII. Did you know that the US brought German POW's back here to the US to hold them so if they escaped they would not return to the front lines. After a while these germans who were deemed no threat to the civilian population were actually ALLOWED to go into town and watch movies in the local theatre. Well, the blacks that were IN UNIFORM could not go into the same theatre because they were black. The enemy that was KILLING our fighting boys in places like the the Ardennes forest and torturing the POW's they captured. Not to mention sending all black troops that were not killed on the field of battle to concentration camps to be part of the final solution.

This is just two incidents that underscore the inhuman treatment endured by African Americans and that was in the last generation. Not to mention how people speak today about blacks in America. Racism is very alive and on a large scale.

Yes. They would need to get training. Everyone agrees with that. ABC news. LOL They aren't biased at all. It doesn't take that much training to prepare yourself. Cops only spend 4 to 8 hours on the range, 2 times a year. Only once a year qualification is required in NYS. All it takes is a modicum of training and developing the proper MIND SET. Being prepared has always been more of a cognitive issue than an equipment or training one. Once again, stay ignorant, bingoturd.

it's obvious you didn't watch the video. I guess the police that they interviewed are biased as well, including the girl that has over 100 hours of range time.

Stay ignorant guest.

it's obvious you didn't watch the video. I guess the police that they interviewed are biased as well, including the girl that has over 100 hours of range time.

Stay ignorant guest.

Ummmm, maybe you need to watch the video. The person who said they had hundreds of hours of range time shooting revolvers, rifles, shotguns, and conventional small arms was a male.

In the video it is at 6:38 when the guy with "hundreds of hours" tries his hand at the mock scenerio.

Yes, there is a police bias in getting guns out of the hands of civilians.

Keep being clueless.

Dicks has suspended rifle sales. I say good for them! This is a true turning point on the issue of guns. A publicly traded company ending sales of a popular item? That speaks volumes during a slow Xmas shopping season. We should all make it a point to spend some $ at Dicks, to say we're behind them.

Walmart can't put them on the shelves fast enough.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-19/guns-out-of-stock-at-wal-mart-as-magazine-prices-surge-on.html

I'm no expert but let me offer some observations that reduce credibility of this video.

First of all, carrying concealed under a T-shirt automatically causes problems trying to draw the weapon. I don't think most concealed carry experts would recommend that for quick response protection.

Secondly, the gunman entering the classroom shoots the instructor first and then immediately starts shooting the gun carrying audience member first. How would a gunman know to start shooting the carrying audience member first out of a possible 15 0 20 in the audience.

I suspect this was a video with an agenda other than representing real life situations.

I have been studying WWII for years now.

If you want to understand a few things about racism then do some research into the 333rd Field artillery. More specifically the Wereth 11. The first monument to them was purchased by a retired individual in Belgium with his OWN MONEY...NOT by the Amrica they went overseas to defend/protect.

RIP and thank you to the brave me of the Wereth 11

William Edward Pritchett

James A. Stewart

Thomas J. Forte

Mager Bradley

George Davis

James L. Leatherwood

George W. Morten

Due W. Turner

Curtis Adams

Robert Green

Nathanial Moss

Your Country may not have wanted to acknowledge you and everyone else may have forgotten about you but in my house your names ring out as the true heros you men were, thank you for your sacrifice!!

Lets look at the treatment of African Americans in the South during WWII. Did you know that the US brought German POW's back here to the US to hold them so if they escaped they would not return to the front lines. After a while these germans who were deemed no threat to the civilian population were actually ALLOWED to go into town and watch movies in the local theatre. Well, the blacks that were IN UNIFORM could not go into the same theatre because they were black. The enemy that was KILLING our fighting boys in places like the the Ardennes forest and torturing the POW's they captured. Not to mention sending all black troops that were not killed on the field of battle to concentration camps to be part of the final solution.

This is just two incidents that underscore the inhuman treatment endured by African Americans and that was in the last generation. Not to mention how people speak today about blacks in America. Racism is very alive and on a large scale.

I am aware of racism in the past. I am talking about current history. People stuck on events in the past are part of the problem with the perpetuation of racism. Perceived and otherwise. I was actually stationed in Germany, back when there were two of them. I actually participated in an annual march, many miles with a rucksack, where we went to Belgium, France, and Luxembourg. Saw many of the locations of significant battles, monuments, graves, and piles of bones (inside one of the monuments). I did that with members of our German sister unit.

Stay ignorant guest.

Hahaha

You are an ignorant, uninformed, and untrained fool. I was issued my first weapon over a quarter century ago and have been through a multitude of schools. You trades believe what you are told to believe. I guess you have to because your kind never really does anything.

Ummmm, maybe you need to watch the video. The person who said they had hundreds of hours of range time shooting revolvers, rifles, shotguns, and conventional small arms was a male.

In the video it is at 6:38 when the guy with "hundreds of hours" tries his hand at the mock scenerio.

Keep being clueless.

As far as cops wanting to get guns out of people's hands, it isn't the street cops. The vast majority of cops are conservative and support private gun ownership. There are some that don't but they are a serious minority. Where you get the idea that cops don't is from the chiefs and sheriffs associations and the unions. It is all about politics with those groups and not about reasonable and sensible self protection.

Ummmm, maybe you need to watch the video. The person who said they had hundreds of hours of range time shooting revolvers, rifles,shotguns, and conventional small arms was a male.

Keep being clueless.

Your right, I wrote girl and meant guy it was an honest mistake. You know the one got shot at point blank range. The girl got a shot off.

The point isn't about police getting your gun, it's about people not having the right experience for those situations.

Hahaha

You are an ignorant, uninformed, and untrained fool. I was issued my first weapon over a quarter century ago and have been through a multitude of schools. You trades believe what you are told to believe. I guess you have to because your kind never really does anything.

More ignorance on your end. You have no idea of the training or certification I've gone through.

Archived