National signing day 2-6-2013

Guest Max Prep

What about that 5'5 RB RB they had Jacobi?

Smart kid, just doesn't have the size. Heard he might go to Hobart. Good luck to all the kids going on to play in college

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jacoby will be awesome at D3. Maybe short, but fast, quick & strong for his size. My $$$ is on Jacoby for a better college football career than both Sorrento & Uceta

Uceta maybe faster in a 100 meters, but Jacoby is faster in a 40. 40 more important as a football RB

True but Uceta will be punt returner and slot receiver at Cornell.. Different skill sets for each position

Really don't understand why the ME fanboys won't say what college Sorreto is playing at?! It can only mean he really is going to BCC and isn't playing college ball anywhere.

Don't you read the paper, was in last week. Full ride to Wagner, coach from Wagner said you can't coach 6' 5" with speed that can play 3 positions, thats your answer.

Really don't understand why the ME fanboys won't say what college Sorreto is playing at?! It can only mean he really is going to BCC and isn't playing college ball anywhere.

It's cause he hasn't made a decision yet, but he is going D3 for sure. Hobart, St. Lawrence, and Cortland in the mix

Don't you read the paper, was in last week. Full ride to Wagner, coach from Wagner said you can't coach 6' 5" with speed that can play 3 positions, thats your answer.

I see the article now. No mention of full-ride though. Maybe a partial, maybe a ceremonial NLI. No scholarship.

It really doesn’t matter. Now we wait and see what he can do. Looking back, I didn’t see him play live as a QB, but watching his highlight video from Seton he doesn’t have an FBS or even FCS arm. I saw him play live once in 2012 and he looked good. I watched his UE highlight film after that and he looked even better. A key contributor to UE’s 2012 success and probably should have gotten more recognition.

Maybe the seasons at QB held him back. I wish him and all the others success!

The schools send the scholley to the athelete, the NLI is the full scholarship offer from the institution, then the athelete signs it and faxes it back to the school. The thing your all missing according to Wikapedia it cost $48,400 a year to go to Wagner, he gets a free education and also gets to play football. Who cares if it's FBS, FCS or D2, I only hope my kids can earn a scholley somewhere.

The NLI doesnt mean there is a "full" scholarship. It could be a full ride, but it could also mean a partial scholarship.

My understanding is that just because a school has D1 sports doesn't mean that all the programs are fully funded. And if the sport in question is funded, the coach has the opportunity to divide up the money as full rides, partial rides, or a combination based on the players' "financial need".

Some athletes get into certain schools that they wouldn't be able to get in on their academic record alone. But because a coach would like him / her on the team, they go to the admissions office and that helps the child get in. Sometimes there is no money involved, but the parents are happy with the admission.

You people are funny, I know the familey. Caleb has a full scholarship to Wager, Cody has a full scholarship to Northern Michigan plays QB. And Ciera is a great VB player and will probably get a scholarship as well.

So Caleb Scepaniak doesn't make the All metro team (or whatever its called now) nor does he make an All-State team his entire HS career but gets a full D1 ride? Sounds like the parents know somebody at Wagner or maybe some other nepotism at play here. Speed? The kid would be lucky to break a 4.9 in the 40.

So Caleb Scepaniak doesn't make the All metro team (or whatever its called now) nor does he make an All-State team his entire HS career but gets a full D1 ride? Sounds like the parents know somebody at Wagner or maybe some other nepotism at play here. Speed? The kid would be lucky to break a 4.9 in the 40.

we have to know why Sorrenti didn't go D1? this time last year everyone and their momma's were saying he was going to Penn State, SU, Buffalo or Connecticut.....what a bunch of crap. This bs about his grades being not good enough is a lie too. If a D1 school wanted him bad enough, he would have been accepted and taken remedial classes until he qualified academically. If a school like Hobart lets him in, then a school like Buffalo or UConn certaintly would have too.

The NLI doesnt mean there is a "full" scholarship. It could be a full ride, but it could also mean a partial scholarship.

My understanding is that just because a school has D1 sports doesn't mean that all the programs are fully funded. And if the sport in question is funded, the coach has the opportunity to divide up the money as full rides, partial rides, or a combination based on the players' "financial need".

Some athletes get into certain schools that they wouldn't be able to get in on their academic record alone. But because a coach would like him / her on the team, they go to the admissions office and that helps the child get in. Sometimes there is no money involved, but the parents are happy with the admission.

This was for the discussion of "NLI" in general. Not anything personal pertaining to any one child's situation.

we have to know why Sorrenti didn't go D1? this time last year everyone and their momma's were saying he was going to Penn State, SU, Buffalo or Connecticut.....what a bunch of crap. This bs about his grades being not good enough is a lie too. If a D1 school wanted him bad enough, he would have been accepted and taken remedial classes until he qualified academically. If a school like Hobart lets him in, then a school like Buffalo or UConn certaintly would have too.

Noway Sorrenti gets into Hobart due to grades alone.

He is not big enough to play at a big D1 school. My bet is he goes to Cortland or some place like that.

You people are funny, I know the familey. Caleb has a full scholarship to Wager, Cody has a full scholarship to Northern Michigan plays QB. And Ciera is a great VB player and will probably get a scholarship as well.

Are you the same friend of the "familey" who knew that he already had offers to FBS schools a year ago?

Just my opinion, but I handicap it like this:

Odds he got a full-ride: 1%

Odds he got a partial: 25%

Odd he was recruited as a walk-on to be given the opportunity to earn a scholarship: 74%

These FCS schools recruit a lot of walk-ons since they have about 20 less scholarships to play with than the FBS schools. Using another tig.ger as an example, G. Beddoe the FB went to Stony Brook as a walk-on hoping to earn a scholarship. He’s at Cortland State now. Hopefully this will work out better for CS.

Gotta love all the sour grapes and bad mouthing of teenagers! Grow up! All the kids mentioned are good players, they all have great memories to look back on. Who cares where they go? Getting an education and a JOB are the most important things in their future now. If any do go on to play, great for them, hopefully they will be sucessful and injury free.

What kid doesn't dream of playing Pro? My nine year old wants to play for the Yankees. Should I criticize him now about his skills and grades to crush those dreams, or encourage him to reach for that goal so you guys can bash him when he is a senior and doesn't attain that goal? The real prize is learning to work hard and strive for things that may be out of reach, it builds much more character than never trying at all or just being angy at people who reach for goals.

Guest JC rules

Almost every athletic parent has their reality check when the signing day comes around. Soliciting letters from name schools is not a scholarship opportunity. If any of these kids are going to college to "play football", they are in for a long life if they are not getting a degree that is worth something. 80% of college degrees are worthless in this day and age. Be smart and let whatever athletic talent you have leapfrog you to a degree you most likely would never have a chance at achieving. Unless you play pro someday...this is the only worthwhile reason to pursue a college sport at all.

I gotta tell you... you "sour grapes types" are something else. As someone said, education is the goal here. There are 1696 players in the NFL (including the five practice players allowed per squad). There are (roughly) 250 million people in the United States. The odds of any male (assuming approximately 125 million males) achieving a space in the NFL are slim (.0058962 : 1).

Anyone bashing ANY of these kids (including someone who may go to BCC) is short sighted. For many, footbal (in this case) happens to be a means to get a foot in the door, or to keep the kid interested in school but in the end (essentiall) all of them will need a job in something other than football. Flat out. I don't know the UE kids personally but by all reports nice kids, I am sure decent students - are they going to the NFL, likely not but they certainly will go on to be college grads, hopefully happy and most importantly good dads and husbands. Lets not let things get out of perspective here... it is high school football. Fot the Cornell kids, I will ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE their degree will not be "Worthless" as JC Rules eloquently states.

Where is Gallagher from ME going next year? He'll def get a D1 full ride, hell the school will prob pay him extra just to sign there. I heard Notre Dame is his likely destination, then NFL for sure

Archived