National signing day 2-6-2013

Guest Max Prep

Guest Guest

You ME fanboys are pathetic. My god, you think all those African American kids playing D1 are all brilliant students and solely qualified to play D1 because of their academics, SATs, etc. WTF. Can Sorrenti read? Is he retarded? If he was good enough or wanted to play D1, then he would have got an offer and taken it. He didn't. He'll be a good player at D4 Utica, but he's not going pro or even D1.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest

As Division I colleges begin to head to the Empire State to recruit him, Sorrenti is looking for one thing:

“I want a university that feels like a home on and off the football field. I don’t want a team. I want a family. With the same type of community feel and tradition that we have here at Maine-Endwell.”

As what does he intend to major in?

“I want to become a registered nurse,” Sorrenti proudly stated.

I'm not saying Sorrenti is a great student, however, if he is going to college and accepted into a Nursing Program he is not a "retard" as many are saying. Utica's requirements are:

Satisfactory completion of three years of science and mathematics on high school transcripts, with a preferred minimum grade of 80% or equivalent letter grade.

• Minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average from high school.
  • Letters of recommendation and personal essay consistent with College application requirements.
  • SAT of at least 1050 or ACT required.
  • Those are fairly low compared to other local colleges with Football...Cortalnd does not have any medical programs. Students who are taking the time to find a school with their major and a team that they feel is a good fit are much better served than those who blindly go to a school just to play ball.

• 3 months later...
Guest Richard

List of locals playing in area this fall.

Jacoby-St John F

Sorrenti-Utica

Tj Davis-Utica

Dan Davis- Army Prep

Scepaniak-Wagner

Yevi-Wagner

Hadduck-Cornell

Uceta-Cornell

any others?

Guest Guest

Jacoby-St John F

Sorrenti-Utica

Tj Davis-Utica

Dan Davis- Army Prep

Scepaniak-Wagner

Yevi-Wagner

Hadduck-Cornell

Uceta-Cornell

any others?

Jack Barnett from Forks is playing at Princeton this fall.

One added note, due to injuries late last season, Josh Cary from Forks, who started about 15 games for Maryland the last two seasons, will not be playing his senior season.

Guest guest

He is listed as a tight end on Wagners recruiting commitment list. Also I saw one of UE's commencement programs today and he is listed as receiving a full athletic scholarship for football, all partial scholarships for athletes were listed with the dollar amount received. Politics and what your last name is what gets you ink in Section 4. Davis was 3rd leading tackler among linebackers on the UE team DePofi and Hogan both had more. Do you think he would have made all state if his name was Dan Jones?

"He is listed as a tight end on Wagners recruiting commitment list. Also I saw one of UE's commencement programs today and he is listed as receiving a full athletic scholarship for football, all partial scholarships for athletes were listed with the dollar amount received."

The school does not have access to this information. Why would they? They printed what they were told by the athlete or family.

"Politics and what your last name is what gets you ink in Section 4. Davis was 3rd leading tackler among linebackers on the UE team DePofi and Hogan both had more. Do you think he would have made all state if his name was Dan Jones?"

I'm not taking a position on who's the best player, but tackles alone doesn't tell the whole story!

Future accomplishments will resolve most differences of opinion.

• 1 month later...

Jacoby-St John F

Sorrenti-Utica

Tj Davis-Utica

Dan Davis- Army Prep

Scepaniak-Wagner

Yevi-Wagner

Hadduck-Cornell

Uceta-Cornell

any others?

Jacoby doesn't show up on the St John Fisher 2013 Roster.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Whatever happened to KJ Rose and Tommy Torto?

KJ Rose is at Fairfield -D1 and had a good year, started all but 1 game averaged about 8pts 4asst a game, if he shot better than 50% from the Free Throw line he would have averaged 10 pts a game. Hopefully he can fix that problem over the off season and come back strong

Torto is out of basketball this year after playing less than 30 minutes for the entire season at Cortland last year, his struggles really show the poor state of HS Boys Basketball in this area. He was a great player here but can't even break the bench at an average D3 school.

Archived