Lucky day

Sleepless in Hillcrest

When I was getting dressed this morning, I discovered a 10 dollar bill in my pants pocket that had gone thru the laundry last week. It was the missing "Can Man" money that I searched all last weekend for. At this point, I had written it off, so now it's basically "mad money" that I can blow. I ate well at lunch, picking up a couple of chili dogs at the gas station, but I still have 7 bucks burning a hole in my pocket to be spent!

When I was getting dressed this morning, I discovered a 10 dollar bill in my pants pocket that had gone thru the laundry last week. It was the missing "Can Man" money that I searched all last weekend for. At this point, I had written it off, so now it's basically "mad money" that I can blow. I ate well at lunch, picking up a couple of chili dogs at the gas station, but I still have 7 bucks burning a hole in my pocket to be spent!

I have some new hardcovers in stock.

That's it? That's the whole story? Sleepless, are you ok? I enjoy the longer stories.....

:unsure:

You haven't figured it out by now??? I throw something out and I go where you guys lead me. You guys tell the stories, and I fill in the blanks. Ya wanna long story? Start it. I'll go 30 pages with you. My next door neighbor,"Hunters" favorite, was out on her cell phone, shoveling her driveway, talking on her cell phone, in her high heels as usual. Kept mentioning something about Sally Struthers, not sure what that was all about. I also found a quarter going to the mailbox today. Additionally, the girl at the gas station, finally shaved the mole on her chin...it was very distracting, and waved in the breeze when somebody opened the door...I can finally look her in the eyes, with that long one eye brow of hers!

Maybe that'll be enough for a nights room from your slum lord buddy.

You haven't figured it out by now??? I throw something out and I go where you guys lead me. You guys tell the stories, and I fill in the blanks. Ya wanna long story? Start it. I'll go 30 pages with you. My next door neighbor,"Hunters" favorite, was out on her cell phone, shoveling her driveway, talking on her cell phone, in her high heels as usual. Kept mentioning something about Sally Struthers, not sure what that was all about. I also found a quarter going to the mailbox today.

Additionally, the girl at the gas station, finally shaved the mole on her chin...it was very distracting, and waved in the breeze when somebody opened the door...I can finally look her in the eyes, with that long one eye brow of hers!

That brow, almost a constant stern look, replaced only, at times, by that faraway look she got whenever the store was empty. The look of dreams that had passed her by. This look was interrupted by a customer coming in to pay for gas. Outside, the wind swept across the lot that was littered with paper wrappers carelessly strewn about. A flock of birds flew overhead, oblivious of the cat wandering below. In the distance a dog cried out for some attention. I think it was..............Chloe..............

LOL, that's her! Stretch cracked me up too! Ooops, gotta go....I got stuffed peppers in the oven!

I knew that I had smelled this before, but I couldn't quite place it. It seemed like it could be far away, but, then again, it got closer, even without a shift in the wind. As I wandered the house, it became clear to me: When I was close to the kitchen, I could smell it well, when I went upstairs, it almost went away. I decided to return to the kitchen. Ah, there it was, very similar to Mom's old spanish rice recipe, I thought. But wait! There was something else. Her old recipe seemed to be withheld, or maybe even contained in..... something..... was it? could it? maybe it was coming from inside....... a VEGETABLE!!!!!!!!!

Archived