Enter Code To Post

Guest asdf

Fellas,

Having to enter a 6 digit code for EVERY post is rediculous! And having to remember to use uppercase!

Why is this necessary? To avoid spam? There are other ways that are more user friendly, such as capping the number of posts during a given time period from a certain IP address. That will shutout any spam program.

This is such an obvious user-annoyance that should not have been taken lightly when putting up this new message board!!!!

Other than that, I think this new board is really nice!

Register *IS* the best way to get rid of spam. The code is the easiest way of blocking spambots. If an IP is blocked there are ways around that with great ease.

If you find it such an inconvenience to have to put in the code either register or move on. It's pretty obvious many on here understand the reasons to register or use the code.

Have a nice day.

I have to agree. If you register you won't have that problem. I've seen what the spam was like and it sucked. This site has come a long way. So, either register or quit complaining about the code.

Fellas,

Having to enter a 6 digit code for EVERY post is rediculous! And having to remember to use uppercase!

Why is this necessary? To avoid spam? There are other ways that are more user friendly, such as capping the number of posts during a given time period from a certain IP address. That will shutout any spam program.

This is such an obvious user-annoyance that should not have been taken lightly when putting up this new message board!!!!

Other than that, I think this new board is really nice!

Try that on your board and see how it works for you. This is the spam filter here, if you don't like it, register and you won't have to do it!

If you register and stop hiding as a "Guest" you don't have to enter a code. Just post as normal. I'm glad they made this change.

Stop hiding as Guest???? Yeah, your user id tells me a lot about you. Why don't you stop hiding and put your name and number in your profile...

You're hiding as much as any Guest. So shut the H-E- Double Toothpicks up!

Stop hiding as Guest???? Yeah, your user id tells me a lot about you. Why don't you stop hiding and put your name and number in your profile...

You're hiding as much as any Guest.

Well, true of course, but there is a major difference. With registered names, others can follow who said what etc and it adds at least some sense of recognition/identity.

As a guest you are hiding in a way as no one knows at all who posted what (other than the admins who can tell by IP addies). As a registered user, yes you are still an unknown (unless you ID your true self as some do) but you still have a known identity everyone can relate to. Follow?

Wolf

Guest Just Lookin
Well, true of course, but there is a major difference. With registered names, others can follow who said what etc and it adds at least some sense of recognition/identity.

As a guest you are hiding in a way as no one knows at all who posted what (other than the admins who can tell by IP addies). As a registered user, yes you are still an unknown (unless you ID your true self as some do) but you still have a known identity everyone can relate to. Follow?

Wolf

Thanks Wolf for backing me up! I also want to say that those that have attended the past Meet & Greet gatherings we've had DO know me because they have met me.

Try that on your board and see how it works for you.

Why not just say "I know you are but what am I?" That's an equally intelligent response.

Also, it's simply a bad idea for a spam filter, it annoys at least 80% of your users, therefore it's a bad idea. There are better ways. I'm sorry if you don't know what they are!

Why not just say "I know you are but what am I?" That's an equally intelligent response.

Also, it's simply a bad idea for a spam filter, it annoys at least 80% of your users, therefore it's a bad idea. There are better ways. I'm sorry if you don't know what they are!

Yes, there are better ways, in fact, some boards use this method: Registration Required.

:rolleyes:

Register or SHUT UP! The Code is here to stay. Next "intelligent" response outta you and you won't have to worry about it.

Archived