2016 Triple Crown

ginger

Is it too early to start the speculation? I watched the Breeders Cup Juvenile yesterday and looked up the pedigree of several horses. They all had serious bloodlines so I'm thinking I'm going to just take that out of consideration. 2 horses everyone is talking about I have not seen any video for yet, Nyquist and Mohaymen.

win-Hit it a Bomb

place-Aeroforce One

show-Birchwood

It was a very pretty race, nicely (Nicely :) ) run. Manhattan Dan (out of Big Brown) stayed out front by a couple of lengths until the last stretch, then ran out of gas. The top three burst out on command and put up a good fight. Keep in mind, the length of this race was only 5 or 6 furlongs so these horses still need to do some work.

There will probably be a grey horse named Conquest Big E (Ernie)

I think it'll be a fun racing season.

• 1 month later...

Well I wonder what the Illuminati will do to screw up the BELMONT this year since it's the only race left with a modicum of integrity? Maybe I'll just watch the Wood Memorial and call it good.

• 1 month later...

I just watched the Florida Derby on you tube. Nyquist stayed out front for the entirety of the race and won. I was paying more attention to the other favorite , undefeated Mohaymen. I thought he was having a nice relaxed ride. He made his move, dropped back and moved again but didn't have the stamina and ended up 4th. I'm not sure what happened there, I'll see if I can find an interview. His jockey, Junior Alvardo is expected to stay with and ride him in the Kentucky Derby. In between, Mejesto and Fellowship placed and showed respectively.

post edit-Alvarado states he just didn't fire.

Calvin Borrel retired.

BTW, The Wood Memorial (Aqueduct Race track) is a qualifying for the Kentucky Derby. It's next Saturday, April 9th. The Keeneland, Bluegrass Stakes and Santa Anita Derby are also next Saturday.

No need to talk about the derby anymore. It's EXAGGERATOR all the way no question about it. :) The horse is fearless.

Just kidding-I'm still reviewing but wow-check out the Santa Anita Derby on you tube.

In fact, do what I just did...watch Outwork win the Wood Memorial at Aqueduct THEN watch the Santa Anita Derby. You'll see why I'm probably prematurely posting this! :)

It was Brodys Cause 1:52 on a fair track at the Bluegrass Stakes. Outwork, a 1:52 and Exaggerator 1:49 both in the mud.

OMG-It's EXAGGERATOR ALL THE WAY, ALL DAY LONG!!! I just caught his win on youtube at Saratoga last year. As I said, the horse is fearless! NO EXAGGERATION!

Oh YOU! :P

I also caught Gun Runner last night win the Louisiana Derby. He did something that caught my attention...when he was almost to the finish line he...I would call it a balk....something, not pull up but...if he pulls that in the derby...I'll have to watch it again.

Next week we have the Arkansas and Lexington.

Right now on the leader board as far as points go it's Gun Runner, Nyquist and Exaggerator. The Arkansas is worth 100 points.

Everything I know about horse racing came from the movies Bells are Ringing and Guys&Dolls. :) Just kidding. Growing up in Queens and having an uncle work at and retire from Belmont, I'm continuing family traditions. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but I have a long memory so something like recognizing pedigree is one thing I don't have to research. Having a computer to watch the prep races is awesome. The truth is, I rarely pick a Kentucky Derby winner but I can usually get in the money. My aunt is in her 90's and still picks the Derby winner pretty much every year. My grandmother always picked the winner too just from watching Breakfast at Church Hill Downs( and Pimlico for the Preakness) which was televised for a long time but I haven't seen it in a few years. I miss that. It really was THE opportunity, before computers, to see the horses. Wake up, have a little toast and coffee, start the sauce and meatballs...call your aunt and grandmother if you weren't at their house already for Mothers Day. :)

WHAT IS HANDEL? HIALEAH HIALEAH!

• 4 weeks later...

The Twelve Horse....TOM'S READY out of MORE THAN READY and GOODBYE STRANGER

How can I not bet that horse across the board...isn't the funeral tomorrow?

Congratulations 27! :) I just finished watching the race. When I heard Churchill Downs had a downpour I thought it was going to be Exaggerator but I see the track remained fast. I don't think Nyquist would have beat him in the mud. I also see the 12 horse finished 12th! Too funny because that happens to me a lot. I'll pick a horse and his post position will correspond with his finishing result.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just able to catch the Preakness. :) Exaggerator is a joy to watch from an entertainment standpoint. Nyquist won the Kentucky Derby pretty much on speed and high quality training but he likes to be out front. Exaggerator is the show. Obviously versatile and as I noted from the beginning, fearless. Different styles but both champions:) I've no doubt it was disconcerting to all involved that 2 horses lost their lives today and from a psychological standpoint I'm guessing that played a part in the setting of such a fast pace, in addition to the mud and shorter length of the race.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

The Twelve Horse....TOM'S READY out of MORE THAN READY and GOODBYE STRANGER

How can I not bet that horse across the board...isn't the funeral tomorrow?

This horse just showed at Churchill Downs behind Limousine Liberal and Awesome Slew. :)

Archived