2019 New York Yankees

27 Time World Champions

Jose Altuve is what gives me hopes when it comes to professional athletes and sports.  How can anyone NOT like him and his story? 

And no matter how much Manfred is trying to ruin this sport, this clip is why it is still the BEST sport there is!!!

27: If George were still around I'd by the farm and my 401K they would not have gone 0-4 in ALCS's this decade. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Met said:

Jose Altuve is what gives me hopes when it comes to professional athletes and sports.  How can anyone NOT like him and his story? 

And no matter how much Manfred is trying to ruin this sport, this clip is why it is still the BEST sport there is!!!

27: If George were still around I'd by the farm and my 401K they would not have gone 0-4 in ALCS's this decade. 

Well said. George would pay for Cole and Strasburg this off-season. Sadly, not sure the Yanks get either one. 

IMG950129+%25281%2529.jpg

Cole was a Yankee fan growing up but Astros players have rumored he’ll go to Cali. With Boras as his agent, he’s probably looking at 8 years and 300+ million, record breaking contract. Cole and Trout will fill seats. As long as he’s gone from Houston that’ll make me happy. Please not the Red Sox. Strasburg and Bum in pinstripes next season works for me. If Chapman opps out, say goodbye. Why not give Gardner another year. The guy will run through a wall for the team. Bizarre rumors about the Yanks trading for Lindor. 8 more years of Stanton just scares me. I can go on and on...

On 10/22/2019 at 4:15 PM, 27 Time World Champions said:

Cole was a Yankee fan growing up but Astros players have rumored he’ll go to Cali. With Boras as his agent, he’s probably looking at 8 years and 300+ million, record breaking contract. Cole and Trout will fill seats. As long as he’s gone from Houston that’ll make me happy. Please not the Red Sox. Strasburg and Bum in pinstripes next season works for me. If Chapman opps out, say goodbye. Why not give Gardner another year. The guy will run through a wall for the team. Bizarre rumors about the Yanks trading for Lindor. 8 more years of Stanton just scares me. I can go on and on...

Agree on a lot of this. However I do not see Chapman opting out. Clsoers are not getting the $$ they used to. Most teams now in the analytic era are finding much cheaper and effective options in house or converting a failed starter. 

Also...I'm hearing that Philly is gonna get Girardi and in typical fashion, my Mets will swing and miss on that perfect hire for them.  Mickey was awful, so let's follow that up with another rookie hire!! Sounds very Metsian!

22 minutes ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Girardi to the Phillies. Great hire for them. SMH at the Mets. 

The Nationals are a fun team to watch. Didn’t see them much at all during the regular season. 

Yeah, don't remind me. My phone has been blowing up all day lol. I don't need it from you. haha jk. Had to spend some extra time on 70sSports for some extra laughs!

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Sock Puppet said:

First four years he should produce.  FInal five years will be a bust.  What are the chances of him blowing out his elbow and needing Tommy John in the first two years?  Good thing the Steinbrenners have lots and lots of free cash.

Baseball is better when the Yankees are a fully operational Death Star. 9 years is INSANE for a pitcher, but if they get 2-3 rings during this stretch...it’ll be well worth it. 

2 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

..., but if they get 2-3 rings during this stretch...it’ll be well worth it. 

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is worth a third of a fucking BILLION dollars for a decade of work.

I mean jeez, what will the crew that develops a cure for cancer be worth?

31 minutes ago, WolfMan said:

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is worth a third of a fucking BILLION dollars for a decade of work.

I mean jeez, what will the crew that develops a cure for cancer be worth?

I hear ya, Wolf. 
The Yankees are a very smart organization. You better believe they looked into how Cole will age and their plan of attack to retain players such as Judge and Torres down the line. While it’s a huge sum of money, the Yankees can absolutely afford this and was a necessary move that will pay dividends. 

367-CA192-0-EEC-4-CE2-B7-D2-80-FE9-A5263