City Bags

ginger

10 hours ago, snowman60 said:

Bing, this has nothing to do with the quality of bags. Its Ginger is too lazy to go find them. I live in the out skirts of Binghamton. Seeing that i do most of my shopping at Weis on Robinson st I don't have to buy the bags. But my point is , its 4 miles for me to get there and 4 miles home. IF, and i mean IF she lives on the north side whats the problem?

I was replying to QueenB, who *was* talking about the quality issue. A lot of people do have to double-bag in regular bags because the city bags rip if you use them normally.

Regardless, there have been periods of weeks or months in recent years where stores that were supposed to carry them didn't have them and didn't know when they'd get them again. I have no idea what the current situation is wherever Ginger shops, but the correct number of extra miles to have to drive out of your way for government-approved garbage bags is zero.

Let's euthanize the PAYT program and be done with it.

• 1 year later...

So the saga continues. A few weeks ago somebody literally stole the blue bag out of my trash can.. left the 1 kitchen bag but stole the blue bag.

Just now, a truck pulled up acrossed the street and dumped 2 kitchen bags on the curb in between the properties.

$9.95 for 5 bags. This isn't going to work anymore if people are just going to dump their kitchen bags anywhere.

I hate bothering DPW with stupid stuff, like they don't work hard enough.