City Bags

ginger

Now that the CVS on State St is permanently closed, is there anywhere to purchase city bags on the northside? Last week I had to drive all the way over to the Eastside CVS because I forgot I was out. 

3 hours ago, ginger said:

Now that the CVS on State St is permanently closed, is there anywhere to purchase city bags on the northside? Last week I had to drive all the way over to the Eastside CVS because I forgot I was out. 

K-Mart? Nope.

Grants? Nope.

Grand Way? Nope.

Kents? Nope.

Great American? Nope. 

Mirabito’s? Maybe!

Northside Deli/Grocery? Maybe!

Streetview shows a Family Dollar 

Lol^ Well you know Town and Country is the only thing that exists over there and they don't have to purchase city bags because they have dumpsters.

I went to that market once when it first opened. The smell of something...I can't recall what...either onions or cleaning fluid, maybe both, was overpowering so I never went back.

The Mirabito does not carry them...nor the Family Dollar. There is nothing else.

And now Wegmans has them behind the counter. No matter...I'm usually shopping Upper Front and they don't carry them so CVS on the Eastside is the closest.. 3 miles away...like I don't spend enough time driving...ho hum.

City bags... So much to say about city bags ...... Has anyone taken their garbage out just to have the strings on the city bags break and your garbage end up all over the place? Has anyone else had the city bags stretched and thinned out and they break and garbage ends up everywhere?

Mr. Mayor, I've brought this up several times in the past. Why is it that we cannot switch to garbage cans marked & owned by the city, which we pay for quarterly or monthly (just like we pay for city bags) and the garbage trucks use those specific garbage cans to pick up your garbage? These city bags are ridiculous! Not to mention it's such a waste! Let's put garbage in garbage bags to put it in more garbage bags..... 🤔 

So it's 1.2 miles to CVS and another 1.2 miles home which after working for 12 to 15 hrs feels like forever especially when I've already walked in the door and kicked off my shoes then remembered I forgot the city bags! Grrrrrr lol! 🙂 Just hanging the lanyard with my keys...it feels like an anvil around my neck.

I usually purchase 2 or 3 packages at a time. The past couple of months though, I've been shopping in Fredonia. There's a small Italian deli/ grocery shop called Tuscany where I've been getting meat, produce and deli. On my day off I'm on upper front because its easier to multitask ..oil change, car wash, bank, CVS, Speedway,  price chopper and maybe Red and White. 

I have no reason to go to the Eastside. 

5 hours ago, ginger said:

So it's 1.2 miles to CVS and another 1.2 miles home which after working for 12 to 15 hrs feels like forever especially when I've already walked in the door and kicked off my shoes then remembered I forgot the city bags! Grrrrrr lol! 🙂 Just hanging the lanyard with my keys...it feels like an anvil around my neck.

I usually purchase 2 or 3 packages at a time. The past couple of months though, I've been shopping in Fredonia. There's a small Italian deli/ grocery shop called Tuscany where I've been getting meat, produce and deli. On my day off I'm on upper front because its easier to multitask ..oil change, car wash, bank, CVS, Speedway,  price chopper and maybe Red and White. 

I have no reason to go to the Eastside. 

So buy enough for a couple months.  Problem solved.

8 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

She drives hundreds of miles a week! 🤪

That's what I don't understand. She says she shops in Fredonia , which is near Buffalo, but she has a problem with driving to the east side oh a whopping 1.2 miles. But drive all over the place/state. Ginger in your comments you mention Town and Country Apartments. Did you know that Walgreens on Robinson st sells them? And if your are in T&C, its an easy walk. good luck

Reading comprehension?

I stated I usually purchase 2 or 3 packages at a time.

If I lived in Town and Country I wouldn't need them...they don't pay for city bags because they have dumpsters and private trash hauling.

And I do drive to Fredonia, several times a week but tonight I'm going out Brockport way. I drive about 500 miles a day. DAY.

LOL, no matter,  even if CVS or Pricechopper on Upper Front Street sold them, I'd still forget to ask for them when I got to the counter and I'd still have to trek over to CVS on Robinson. 🙂

Lol, have a good night everyone. 

JHC folks. The red-haired one was just looking for a place to buy them real close. She literally lives in what was one of the largest retail areas in the county now with dozens of empty store-fronts and likely was looking for a place to freaking walk to or maybe ride a bike without having to travel 4 miles north or even a mile east. 

Wolf, member of Team Ginger 😀

Just now, WolfMan said:

JHC folks. The red-haired one was just looking for a place to buy them real close. She literally lives in what was one of the largest retail areas in the county now with dozens of empty store-fronts and likely was looking for a place to freaking walk to or maybe ride a bike without having to travel 4 miles north or even a mile east. 

Wolf, member of Team Ginger 😀

I was thinking the Mirabito up on Chenango would be great..and no, walking or biking is not what I was thinking at all, I can barely stand when I get home.  My neighbors do though and would probably like someplace they could walk or bike to if they forget to ask for them at the counter.

23 hours ago, QueenB said:

City bags... So much to say about city bags ...... Has anyone taken their garbage out just to have the strings on the city bags break and your garbage end up all over the place? Has anyone else had the city bags stretched and thinned out and they break and garbage ends up everywhere?

Mr. Mayor, I've brought this up several times in the past. Why is it that we cannot switch to garbage cans marked & owned by the city, which we pay for quarterly or monthly (just like we pay for city bags) and the garbage trucks use those specific garbage cans to pick up your garbage? These city bags are ridiculous! Not to mention it's such a waste! Let's put garbage in garbage bags to put it in more garbage bags..... 🤔 

They are absolutely crap-tier bags and can't be used as the "real" bag. Agree 100% that the double-bagging is wasteful and a nuisance.

City cans are an interesting idea, but I think Pay-As-You-Throw has just been a fail in this community. The city won't pay for decent bags or distribute them consistently, lower-income residents won't pay for bags at all and dump their trash wherever they can. There's a reason 80%+ of towns don't even try it.

IMO, the program should be abandoned and the city return to the normal American method. Take everyone's trash as a municipal service because it's in everyone's mutual interest to get it out of here.

Bing, this has nothing to do with the quality of bags. Its Ginger is too lazy to go find them. I live in the out skirts of Binghamton. Seeing that i do most of my shopping at Weis on Robinson st I don't have to buy the bags. But my point is , its 4 miles for me to get there and 4 miles home. IF, and i mean IF she lives on the north side whats the problem?

Lazy Ginger will you get up 

She tweeted back, I am not able. 

You gotta get up and get the bags

with the City of Binghamton label.

Mom I can not move an inch, move an inch, 

I swear this is no fable.

I drove 500 miles today in the purple Mercury Sable.

Why you drive that horrible car with the springs that are not stable?

The Cadillac needs a jump and I have no battery cable!

La la la...lalalalala...La la la...lalalalala.

😉

500 miles is what, 7 hours a day of driving if you average about 70 mph. Then work an 8 hour shift. 15 hours of the day are spent driving and working.  Why not move to Fredonia, or maybe Buffalo, which puts one an hour or so from either Fredonia or Brockport? Surely some of the Buffalo suburbs don't require a drive of less than 2 miles for bags. 

I find Ginger's posts to be slightly goofy and silly at times, but this doesn't add up.