Who won cheerleading comp today?

Guest cheer

as a UE cheerleader i will just say:

2 twenty point safety deductions for throwing our heads in tosses. okay. tell me those safety judges did not see other UNSPOKEN teams, specificaly in the paper, whose heads weren't thrown on tosses. by the way im pretty sure the timing on the tosses in that picture was supposed to be together, but anyways...

everyone keeps saying UE was flawless. well we wren't. we acctualy had our music put down low on volume in the beggining causing us to miss our que to start tumbling, which was the sickest and best tumblng STAC has and will ever see. and we messed it up! AND STILL beat the first place team by 13 points faw score.. i mean come on.

you don't have to tell us twice who deserved it, the raw score says it. so did the 30 texts that came into UE cheerleaders phones saying

'you got robbed'

or the coaches coming up to us and telling us

'your routine brought tears to my eyes'

'ive never been so amazed by a routine'

i only needed to hear those things to know that hard work pays off, even if it isnt in the title.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 twenty point safety deductions for throwing our heads in tosses. okay. tell me those safety judges did not see other UNSPOKEN teams, specificaly in the paper, whose heads weren't thrown on tosses. by the way im pretty sure the timing on the tosses in that picture was supposed to be together, but anyways...

everyone keeps saying UE was flawless. well we wren't. we acctualy had our music put down low on volume in the beggining causing us to miss our que to start tumbling, which was the sickest and best tumblng STAC has and will ever see. and we messed it up! AND STILL beat the first place team by 13 points faw score.. i mean come on.

you don't have to tell us twice who deserved it, the raw score says it. so did the 30 texts that came into UE cheerleaders phones saying

'you got robbed'

i only needed to hear those things to know that hard work pays off, even if it isnt in the title.

The good news is that whether or not your tumbling timing was OFF, you still would have the deductions and still would have placed 2nd, right behind CV. Congratulations on a 2nd place finish. Its not the title, its the final performance, and its to bad you girls came up alittle short of the gold medal. Good Luck next year!

The good news is that whether or not your tumbling timing was OFF, you still would have the deductions and still would have placed 2nd, right behind CV. Congratulations on a 2nd place finish. Its not the title, its the final performance, and its to bad you girls came up alittle short of the gold medal. Good Luck next year!

^well that is a false statement. CV only beat UE by 7 points. if UE's music started on time, they would've gotten higher scores in the following catagories: timing&synchronization, choreography/creativity, precision of routine, overall level of difficulty, and of course tumbling. that's 5 catagories that the announcer messed up for them. UE would've blow everyone away if it weren't for that mishap..which i've also heard happened to ME JV. that's bullcrap. if that happens to a team the music should be started over. that's so unfair to those UE Varisty and ME JV cheerleaders that worked their butts off to be at competition yesterday. and to all those people who think that it's a STAC rule that you can't throw your head in tosses, you're wrong. they changed the rule (: so maybe you should check your sources..it was a good attempt though ;)

Guest you guys needs to grow up
I can tell by reading this topic that a lot of people have very strong opinions about the Competition. As someone who is not a parent.. but is a coach that was there.. This was a different competition than most of them are, a lot of schools came out and really impressed us this year. They should be proud of themselves, schools like JC and South Side, did a very good job. Even M-E did pretty good.. but no one can deny that U-E did blow everyone away. Sure they lost points.. they lost it for something that almost every school did as well. It was just more apparent for them.. when a girl goes up in a toss.. if she drops her head back below her body.. it is supposed to be a deduction, although last year they ruled this out and it was not supposed to be deducted anymore. Coaches were told this.. if they were told otherwise of course the U-E coaches would have adjusted this.. Its awful to have deductions when you work so hard and they did deserve that crown.

I'm not saying the safety judges should have taken it from anyone else either.. although they did.. more than just U-E got points deducted from this.. but if you look on press connects at the picture of CV doing pike tosses... the girl on the right should have had points deducted for her head dropping. If I were a safety judge it would be something i would deduct for. I was not a safety judge and therefore you have to just go with their ruling. I am amazed at how great U-E did and the reason those girls were so upset was because they worked harder than any school to get to where they are now and deserved that 1st place.. it was a let down that they didnt get it. Next year.. you can be sure they will.

I would have put the order for Varsity as:

1. Union Endicott

2. Johnson City

3. Chenango Valley

4. Susquehanna Valley

5. Maine Endwell

6. Horseheads

4. S-V always comes out with a unique routine and has so much energy.

5. M-E is clean and safe but performs well

6. Horseheads was very tight sharp and quick but lacked in stunts and facials.

Guest you guys need to grow up

The girl on the right - her head is NOT below her waist. That's why she did not get a deduction. I am sick of hearing comments like yours about how they worked harder than any other team. Get a grip - ALL those teams in that Arena worked hard. Let's just say that maybe SOME of those teams had enough money to send thier kids to dance classes, to get choreographers to work with them, etc. That is MONEY talking - not working harder. And the whining about thier seniors being thier last game and they wanted to win - ALL those varsity teams had seniors - where do the UE people get the attitude that THIER seniors are the only ones who deserve to win! And as for a crown - I didn't realize they got crowns - is this a beauty contest? FYI they get medals and they get a trophy that gets passed on to the next years' winners. I did not notice the music thing - but if it was that off the coaches should have done something about it - that has been done before! IT seems to me that EXCUSES are coming out of the woodwork and UE is having fun blasting what is actually a smaller size school. The winners won because they had the most points - there is no "before deductions" and "after deductions" - there is just a final score as in ANY SPORTING EVENT!!!! GIve all the kids credit for what they did and remember - it's just a game!

The girl on the right - her head is NOT below her waist. That's why she did not get a deduction. I am sick of hearing comments like yours about how they worked harder than any other team. Get a grip - ALL those teams in that Arena worked hard. Let's just say that maybe SOME of those teams had enough money to send thier kids to dance classes, to get choreographers to work with them, etc. That is MONEY talking - not working harder. And the whining about thier seniors being thier last game and they wanted to win - ALL those varsity teams had seniors - where do the UE people get the attitude that THIER seniors are the only ones who deserve to win! And as for a crown - I didn't realize they got crowns - is this a beauty contest? FYI they get medals and they get a trophy that gets passed on to the next years' winners. I did not notice the music thing - but if it was that off the coaches should have done something about it - that has been done before! IT seems to me that EXCUSES are coming out of the woodwork and UE is having fun blasting what is actually a smaller size school. The winners won because they had the most points - there is no "before deductions" and "after deductions" - there is just a final score as in ANY SPORTING EVENT!!!! GIve all the kids credit for what they did and remember - it's just a game!

you don't know what you're talking about. first of all, STAC isn't a 'game' ..it's a competition. and as for the comment you made about the crown, it's a figure of speech. with that said, all you've revealed so far is that you know nothing about cheerleading and you're an idiot :D

You apparently know NOTHING about cheerleading since it isnt about her head dropping below her waist.. it is her head falling back.. her head should be tucked if we are going with the "NEW" rule that not many people knew about obviously. her head should be tucked to her chest.. not bent backwards.. ue did the same thing but it was caught.. although it should have been legal.. they changed the rule last year and apparently changed it back without anyones knowlege

We were perfect - - Sob , Sob

We had deductions - wawawawawa

I am amazed at how great U-E did and the reason those girls were so upset was because they worked harder than any school to get to where they are now and deserved that 1st place

No other schools worked hard, they just show up - I believe that one.

You see folks - I could go on, but the problem with all of this is - - THIS IS A COACH SAYING THESE THINGS. If you coached at my school, it wouldn't be for much longer.

Guest football player

i dont even see y they have these things. cheerleading isnt even a sport. all they are is a big distraction. people go to sportnig events to watch the game not to see cheerleaders. not to mention no physical activity what so ever like football.

We were perfect - - Sob , Sob

We had deductions - wawawawawa

No other schools worked hard, they just show up - I believe that one.

You see folks - I could go on, but the problem with all of this is - - THIS IS A COACH SAYING THESE THINGS. If you coached at my school, it wouldn't be for much longer.

I totally agree with that coach.. its true, they are athletes were you there and did you see how they tumbled and stunted.. with more power than anyone else. She is just giving credit where credit is deserved. Nothing wrong with that

All I see here from UE is poor sportsmanship. Face it, you got beat. You got lucky in the fall competition when the judges made you co-champions with CV, and you got beat head up in this competition. If you want cheerleading to be looked at as a sport, try accepting losing without blaming everyone and everything except yourselves. If there was a rule change and YOUR coach didn't know about it, whose fault is that?

Seriously all this needs to stop. Both teams did amazing! Stop the complaining and except it. There is nothing that can be done, it is what it is. Be proud and keep your heads up.

Guest Best Team Fan
I give credit to the UE cheerleaders for being good sports. They went right over to the Warriors and congratulated them on their win. U-E should be proud of how well they did. It is understandable for them to be upset over the deductions...dont bash them for that. It's one thing to get second, but to have first place and then lose it,and they just need time to accept that. They were just in shock.

Everyone did a great job at the competition. The Warriors did well and should enjoy their victory. No one should hang their heads low!

I have NEVER seen the CV girls go over to Congratulate the U-E girls when U-E wins and CV comes in 2nd

ue you think you are soooo great becuase you do that

and yes its very nice of you

BUT very rarely does any other team go over to

congratualte anyone so dont act like cv was sooo

stuck up becuase its not common between the teams

Who was the announcer related to he SUCKED

Guest CV hater
ue you think you are soooo great becuase you do that

and yes its very nice of you

BUT very rarely does any other team go over to

congratualte anyone so dont act like cv was sooo

stuck up becuase its not common between the teams

Maybe not common to you but those U-E girls had class

Your post proves you don't

Maybe you can learn a lesson here

Guest you guys need to grow up

Actually I have seen the score sheets from yesterdays comp and it IS about the head being THROWN BACK so far it is below the waist: And no I am not an idiot. Your name calling shows just what kind of a person you are. And by the way - "it's just a game" is also just a phrase - maybe you should learn what it means - it means deal with it - it is not the end of the world. By teaching your girls to whine about all these little details you are teaching them that life should be perfect.. that they should always get what they want. This is just like in the fall when the UE coach said in teh paper - WE deserved to win , adn teh CV coach said theywould proudly share the win with UE. You people really need to get off your high horses and teach your kids that they should be proud of thier performance, not knocking down others.

ya'll need to say this to each others faces considering half of you are prob. cheerleaders.

GROW UP

you don't get rid of a problem by bashing the other team on the internet!

Guest Saints rule
Cynthia Roma blew it for the saints she was a terrible caoch and never should coach again. If this were fan club everyone would be chanting "its all romas fault"... She blew it for her seniors and should feel terrible

Why is she allowed to coach and be a part of STAC?

I bet the CV coach couldn't be STAC CHEER COORDINATOR!

Guest Spectator

All you UE cheerleaders and moms need to stop bitching about "being robbed".

You did have a higher raw score, but did you get that score? NO. You made mistakes, therefore you lost.

and why are these post always about CV and UE anyways?

what about all the other teams that did amazing sunday,

such as Horseheads, SV, ME, and JC.

JC was simply amazing with their tumbling and stunting, along with Horseheads as well.

The competitons over, CV got 1st, UE got 2nd GET OVER IT and GET A LIFE.

Both teams have so much talent and should be celebrating whatever their title is.

CV, UE JV Congradulations on placing first

& to the other teams as well!

'you got robbed'

you guys really need to stop. The fact that you can post "as a UE cheerleader" makes you look like an idiot. Know the rules before you come. You CAN throw

your heads, but your head cannot go below your waist. Which in your one pike toss it was definitely below the waist. Maybe CV's timing was off on the tosses but they didnt get a deduction. her head was not below her waist. Get over it. PLEASE! this happens every season. Its stupid. Both teams are very good. UE is usually boring.. as they were this year. CV always has creativity. just get over it. its pointless. YOU LOST!!!!

Archived