St. Patrick's Day Parade March 1st

Cat's Eye

This Parade had hit it's peak about 5yrs. ago, It has had a good run but it's all down hill from here on out. Most of all the good Irish have either moved away or died. Some are still here but not enough to keep it going.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This Parade had hit it's peak about 5yrs. ago, It has had a good run but it's all down hill from here on out. Most of all the good Irish have either moved away or died. Some are still here but not enough to keep it going.

:huh:

WTF?!?!?!?

This ranks as one of the stranger posts I've seen on here.

and I submit that EVERYBODY should be able to behave appropriately and act responsibly...or is that too big a task?
no, its just unrealistic... had binghamton been prepared with garbage cans on that corner, there may have been a different outcome... last year was the first year fit'zs wouldnt allow people to go outside with beer... so everyone went to the corner store to purchase alcohol... what you failed to see, was people who actually covered up their alcohol with paper bags... not just because they didnt want to be seen with alcohol, this also protected THE KIDS... more than half of that garbage would have been in a receptacle. maybe i want to watch the parade without kids around. that isnt the case, but who are you to pass judgement on me for what i do at a parade. responsible parents wouldnt ever allow their kids to be subjected to reveling of a young adolescent crowd. what type of parent wants to watch a parade with their children in front of a bar. thats just poor parenting. you have to appease everyone... this parade isnt about just kids... its about st patrick. its about everybody enjoying the festivities... i dont look for an area of children to drink alcohol... its the only bar on that stretch. and most everyone is pleasant to one another. ive been going to this parade for years.. quit your negative complaining.. its not wanted.

Let me try to explain this for you yet again. You're obviously mentally challenged, and need this spelled out for you multiple times. This is not a Sunday school picnic. It's a public parade, for a holiday that's synonymous with alcohol and drinking. People can and will act however they wish. If you can't handle that fact -- STAY HOME.

Actually it's a parade held in honor of the Patron Saint of Ireland.

Thanks for proving your ignorance and the fact that a bunch of drunks seem to think it's all about them.

no, its just unrealistic... had binghamton been prepared with garbage cans on that corner, there may have been a different outcome... last year was the first year fit'zs wouldnt allow people to go outside with beer... so everyone went to the corner store to purchase alcohol... what you failed to see, was people who actually covered up their alcohol with paper bags... not just because they didnt want to be seen with alcohol, this also protected THE KIDS... more than half of that garbage would have been in a receptacle. maybe i want to watch the parade without kids around. that isnt the case, but who are you to pass judgement on me for what i do at a parade. responsible parents wouldnt ever allow their kids to be subjected to reveling of a young adolescent crowd. what type of parent wants to watch a parade with their children in front of a bar. thats just poor parenting. you have to appease everyone... this parade isnt about just kids... its about st patrick. its about everybody enjoying the festivities... i dont look for an area of children to drink alcohol... its the only bar on that stretch. and most everyone is pleasant to one another. ive been going to this parade for years.. quit your negative complaining.. its not wanted.

Responsible parents shouldn't have to worry about letting kids march in a parade that passes by an unruly mob of drunks who don't seem capable of drinking responsibly.

Not for me...I've never misbehaved there.

Then again, many others don't seem to believe that THEY have either, so I submit to you that it seems

that YOUR opinion of appropriateness and responsibility differs greatly from what I perceive to be

the ones who enjoy this Parade for what it is.

Obviously the organizers of the parade felt that there were enough people misbehaving because they're the one's who first raised the issue.

It's their parade...they organize and pay for it. They ought to know.

Guest St. Patrick
Well it's that time of year again. I'm looking forward to the St. Patrick's Day Parade - it is the biggest parade all year, but I'm somewhat wary of how it's going to go after last year. I really hope the police and the bars, especially the bouncers, can handle the drunks and keep up with the open container law. I'm all for a good time, but with some dignity and discretion. There are too many children who come to this parade that shouldn't witness so much open drinking, littering, vandalism (broken windows), etc. Let's all do our part to make it a responsible event while still keeping the fun in it. How are you all feeling about the upcoming day?

Q. What kind of losers celebrate St. Patrick's Day on March 1st?

A. The ones too stupid to realize the REAL St. Patrick's Day is on March 17th.

The next thing you know you geniuses will be celebrating July 4 sometime in June.

Q. What kind of losers celebrate St. Patrick's Day on March 1st?

A. The ones too stupid to realize the REAL St. Patrick's Day is on March 17th.

The next thing you know you geniuses will be celebrating July 4 sometime in June.

You're an idiot.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Actually it's a parade held in honor of the Patron Saint of Ireland.

Thanks for proving your ignorance and the fact that a bunch of drunks seem to think it's all about them.

Thanks for the history lesson moron. I'm sure the millions of people that celebrate the day are thinking of nothing but the Patron Saint of Ireland the entire time. Sounds like you need a lesson on what the word synonymous means.

Archived