New Maine Endwell Football Coach

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
ME never had any football or baseball teams to speak of (basketball for that matter also) until the youth programs in the ME community got rolling. It is a darn shame that these coaches never recognize any of the youth programs that feed this talent to them. I remember back when my nephew played for Endicott LL and I attended the LL banquet. I was totally impressed when Mr Foli the then varsity baseball coach for UE was the guest speaker. He could not have a more positive message for the kids, but his expression of thanks to the league for constantly feeding him talented kids is what really impressed me the most. The coaches (Crooks, Krow, and hopefully Gallegher along with the rest of the coaches who benifit) should take note of how to show some class and be humble and thankful to all the volunteers who feed them this talent. How else do you win a State Baseball Championship with a majority of lower classmen 10th and 11th graders (not to take anything away from the kids ability). A simple thanks for your effort for helping groom great athlethes for the school program would be nice-----I would think all the countless volunteers would take even more pride in their school athletic programs to hear something like this from those reaping the rewards once in a while, and who knows maybe even some of the bashing would stop. Wouldn't that be something???

No offense but where the hell did that come from??

Most of the volunteers coach to get their son or daughter favoritism with the high school coaches....believe me this is going on....as soon as their kids are gone...their gone too...they don't not do this for the love of the sport or because they want to coach....only to get their kids ahead...and most of these volunteer coaches cannot stand the high school coaches.....they just let the coaches believe they do to get their kids ahead.....you should hear what they say about the high school coaches behind their backs.......it is pathetic....just watch it all unfold....

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Humble Pie
ME never had any football or baseball teams to speak of (basketball for that matter also) until the youth programs in the ME community got rolling. It is a darn shame that these coaches never recognize any of the youth programs that feed this talent to them. I remember back when my nephew played for Endicott LL and I attended the LL banquet. I was totally impressed when Mr Foli the then varsity baseball coach for UE was the guest speaker. He could not have a more positive message for the kids, but his expression of thanks to the league for constantly feeding him talented kids is what really impressed me the most. The coaches (Crooks, Krow, and hopefully Gallegher along with the rest of the coaches who benifit) should take note of how to show some class and be humble and thankful to all the volunteers who feed them this talent. How else do you win a State Baseball Championship with a majority of lower classmen 10th and 11th graders (not to take anything away from the kids ability). A simple thanks for your effort for helping groom great athlethes for the school program would be nice-----I would think all the countless volunteers would take even more pride in their school athletic programs to hear something like this from those reaping the rewards once in a while, and who knows maybe even some of the bashing would stop. Wouldn't that be something??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:;););)

This message could not be more right on the money --- I am glad you wrote this --- More people should realize how GOOD teams get started --- it all starts with the youth programs in the community --- Great Message!!!!

Guest Be REAL
ME never had any football or baseball teams to speak of (basketball for that matter also) until the youth programs in the ME community got rolling. It is a darn shame that these coaches never recognize any of the youth programs that feed this talent to them. I remember back when my nephew played for Endicott LL and I attended the LL banquet. I was totally impressed when Mr Foli the then varsity baseball coach for UE was the guest speaker. He could not have a more positive message for the kids, but his expression of thanks to the league for constantly feeding him talented kids is what really impressed me the most. The coaches (Crooks, Krow, and hopefully Gallegher along with the rest of the coaches who benifit) should take note of how to show some class and be humble and thankful to all the volunteers who feed them this talent. How else do you win a State Baseball Championship with a majority of lower classmen 10th and 11th graders (not to take anything away from the kids ability). A simple thanks for your effort for helping groom great athlethes for the school program would be nice-----I would think all the countless volunteers would take even more pride in their school athletic programs to hear something like this from those reaping the rewards once in a while, and who knows maybe even some of the bashing would stop. Wouldn't that be something??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:;););)

If you think youth programs have anything to do with varsity success you should stick to cheerleading. Ther is really nothing to say except that you are totally uniformed.

Guest Guest

Believe me the volunteer coaches volunteer to coach these young kids because they hate the high school coaches and realize how screwed up the programs are, so they give the young kids a REAL chance to experience what it could be like if they had REAL coaches in high school.....

Guest Charles Barkley

Some of the youth coaches do feed fundementally sound athletes to the

school teams, but the genetic athletic potential of a player is

only so high. No coach has won anything with poor athletes. How many

times have you seen a 10 year old dominate youth sports, but by the

time they are a senior in high school they are average at best? I

have seen this happen more times than I can count. Youth volunteers "hate"

the high school coaches? You must be right because the prima dona attitudes

these kids have is second to none. Every kid in little league now a days

makes an all-star team. Every kid. At the youth level, there is half dozen

or so 9-10 year old basketball teams in Endwell. That means there are 50-60, 9-10 years old

kids who think they are good enough to start, but only 5 of them will in high

school. And every kid who doesn't start in high school is "getting screwed"

by the HS coach. Ironic, huh? Some youth coaches who have had success only

coach for 3-4 years while their kid is playing, but then they quit to

backstab the school coaches while they sit in the stands. Try coaching

continuously for 8-10 years, with different players from year to year

and lets see if they sustain that same great success through the years.

Guest Guest

or so 9-10 year old basketball teams in Endwell. That means there are 50-60, 9-10 years old

Seriously what the the hell is his all about and what does it have to do with the the link?

Guest Facts are Facts

Fact is in 2004 2006 and 2007 the ME youth all star baseball LL 12 yr olds finished 2nd, 3rd and 1st in New York State LL championships. If you don't think these teams have talent that eventually gets to the High School level YOU ARE ON CRACK and know NOTHING about athletics or TALENT! Fact: ME Varsity Baseball team wins New York State H.S. Championship 2008 season with at least five underclassmen (tenth graders and eleventh graders) playing starting roll on the team----remember this was not sectionals it was the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! Enough said moron!!--------Talent real talent does and always will transfer up the ladder to the High School level to give you great teams with great kids who know how to WIN!!!!!!!.......DooooooFusssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
Fact is in 2004 2006 and 2007 the ME youth all star baseball LL 12 yr olds finished 2nd, 3rd and 1st in New York State LL championships. If you don't think these teams have talent that eventually gets to the High School level YOU ARE ON CRACK and know NOTHING about athletics or TALENT! Fact: ME Varsity Baseball team wins New York State H.S. Championship 2008 season with at least five underclassmen (tenth graders and eleventh graders) playing starting roll on the team----remember this was not sectionals it was the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! Enough said moron!!--------Talent real talent does and always will transfer up the ladder to the High School level to give you great teams with great kids who know how to WIN!!!!!!!.......DooooooFusssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said. Finally, a sensible post.

Guest Guest

You need help with this post --- you must be a dork for sure to write something like this ---

Guest Right on

RIGHT ON!!!! This is soooooo TRUE!!!!!

Guest TJM is a Goof
Found this on the ME Football website. Pretty Impressive, with the new coaching staff, great things are expected. The talent certainly is there.

Maine Endwell Spartans Football

New coach, new web presence

With every new season comes new potential for greatness. Maine Endewell has always maintained a high standard for excellence in academics, social development, and athletic achievment. This year will prove no different. With that in mind, newly elected coach Matt Gallagher is leading the charge with a rigor matched only by the original Spartan 300 as if he were the 301st. Gallagher, himself an academic all-star, lettered in 3 sports while attending High School at Minisink Valley in Section 9. He later went on to earn a division I berth in the 1989 NCAA wrestling championships after setting a single season wins record at Wagner College.

But for the fact that Gallagher is utilizing some new web based technologies to bring his message to the masses, he is as "old school" as they come. A tough, straight laced grinder, Gallahger's love for the game is matched only by love for his family and the community that has come to know him so well. He has fostered a grass roots approach to building a program instead of just a team. With extensions reaching down to the pop warner levels, coach Gallagher's message of hard work, dedication, and perseverance echoes across the fields of play and is being heard by both 8 and 18 year olds, alike.

Submitted by: TJM

Link is http://www.mespartanfootball.com/rss/internet_presence.php

TJM please QUIT suking up to the new Coach Gallagher ------ you look like an adolesent dork doing this kind of stuff ---- WHO CARES WHAT HE DID IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL-------you are a clown!!!!! :o

Guest Guest
If you think youth programs have anything to do with varsity success you should stick to cheerleading. Ther is really nothing to say except that you are totally uniformed.

Fact is in 2004 2006 and 2007 the ME youth all star baseball LL 12 yr olds finished 2nd, 3rd and 1st in New York State LL championships. If you don't think these teams have talent that eventually gets to the High School level YOU ARE ON CRACK and know NOTHING about athletics or TALENT! Fact: ME Varsity Baseball team wins New York State H.S. Championship 2008 season with at least five underclassmen (tenth graders and eleventh graders) playing starting roll on the team----remember this was not sectionals it was the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! Enough said moron!!--------Talent real talent does and always will transfer up the ladder to the High School level to give you great teams with great kids who know how to WIN!!!!!!!.......DooooooFusssss

Guest Be REAL
Fact is in 2004 2006 and 2007 the ME youth all star baseball LL 12 yr olds finished 2nd, 3rd and 1st in New York State LL championships. If you don't think these teams have talent that eventually gets to the High School level YOU ARE ON CRACK and know NOTHING about athletics or TALENT! Fact: ME Varsity Baseball team wins New York State H.S. Championship 2008 season with at least five underclassmen (tenth graders and eleventh graders) playing starting roll on the team----remember this was not sectionals it was the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! Enough said moron!!--------Talent real talent does and always will transfer up the ladder to the High School level to give you great teams with great kids who know how to WIN!!!!!!!.......DooooooFusssss

No it doesn't, simply stated. I am not on crack, am not a moron, am not a DoooFussss. I simply speak the truth. Yes, there are kids who are talened as 10-12 years olds who are also talented as high schoolers. But, the simple fact is, success as a youth athlete in no way means you will be a success as a teenager. If you weren't a teenager yourself and were around long enough to watch years and years of youth athletes flame out you would know what I mean.

Any self respecting coach will tell you that youth programs can do more harm than good. They lead to burn out and an inflated belief in parents and kids that they're going "big time".

In order to bring local sports back to the level it was at 20-30 years ago we have to eliminate Youth Leagues and bring back pick-up, sandlot play.

OK, now another lesson for you, my very young and immature friend. Refrain from calling people names like you do- truly, it only shows YOUR lack of intelligence.

Cheerleading is not a sport and anyone who thinks youth leagues lead to varsity success should go that route.

Guest Great Point Made Here

QUOTE (Facts are Facts @ Aug 8 2008, 01:47 PM)

Well said. Finally, a sensible post

I have to say this is an excellent point with the facts to prove it ------ Good post!!!!

Guest sticks and stones
No it doesn't, simply stated. I am not on crack, am not a moron, am not a DoooFussss. I simply speak the truth. Yes, there are kids who are talened as 10-12 years olds who are also talented as high schoolers. But, the simple fact is, success as a youth athlete in no way means you will be a success as a teenager. If you weren't a teenager yourself and were around long enough to watch years and years of youth athletes flame out you would know what I mean.

Any self respecting coach will tell you that youth programs can do more harm than good. They lead to burn out and an inflated belief in parents and kids that they're going "big time".

In order to bring local sports back to the level it was at 20-30 years ago we have to eliminate Youth Leagues and bring back pick-up, sandlot play.

OK, now another lesson for you, my very young and immature friend. Refrain from calling people names like you do- truly, it only shows YOUR lack of intelligence.

Cheerleading is not a sport and anyone who thinks youth leagues lead to varsity success should go that route.

Sticks and stones will berak my bones but names wil never hurt me!!!!!!!!!! :lol::P:lol::P

Guest sticks and stones

Sticks and stones will break my bones but names wil never hurt me!!!!!!!!!! :lol::P:lol::P

I have to say I have watched the LL teams in the past few years...there are only 2 to 3 decent players coming up...poor pitching but some good fielders.....ME will struggle with the LL teams that I have seen in the past 2 years...just because you win a State title does not guarantee success down the road.....many players just don't cut it...they wear down and become nothing...I have seen this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.....i have watched other schools with the same problems...there have been some really great LL players that for some reason lose the drive to want to be better...could be because their parents have burned them out by the time they reach the high school level....

I have to say I have watched the LL teams in the past few years...there are only 2 to 3 decent players coming up...poor pitching but some good fielders.....ME will struggle with the LL teams that I have seen in the past 2 years...just because you win a State title does not guarantee success down the road.....many players just don't cut it...they wear down and become nothing...I have seen this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.....i have watched other schools with the same problems...there have been some really great LL players that for some reason lose the drive to want to be better...could be because their parents have burned them out by the time they reach the high school level....

Get a clue. Poor pitching?????? Before making a statement like that, do some research.

Guest Duh!!!

Over and Over and Over and Over.......

IT COMES DOWN TO POOR (poop on the kids who should play) COACHING!!!!

This is truly what wears the kids out!!!!!!

AND SPARENTS WHO SUK UP TO THE COACHES LIKE YOU!!!!

Guest Wildcat
Go to uefootball.org if you want to see a website.

You're kidding, right? I'm not even from M-E but their site is WAY more professional-looking than U-E's.

The M-E site is not Matt Gallagher's. It's registered to Terrence McFadden which happens to be the same initials as the text in question.

Plus the forks staff has nothing to do with the forks site anyway.

It is his website, i play for him hes always saying check out the website of ours. He writes the stuff about himself i am sure.

You're kidding, right? I'm not even from M-E but their site is WAY more professional-looking than U-E's.

M-E's is paid-for template with some customization. Dozens of sports teams sites look like that. U-Es is done by a student or recent graduate on his own with no help.

While schnazzy is nice, I'll take content over prettiness any day of the week. The M-E site is young though and I figure it will grow in content too.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Great Post
This message could not be more right on the money --- I am glad you wrote this --- More people should realize how GOOD teams get started --- it all starts with the youth programs in the community --- Great Message!!!!

GREAT POST

Guest check this out

Great Point --- it would be something if the H.S. coaches put their egos aside and thanked the volunteers who get these kids started in some kind of sport---

Archived