New Maine Endwell Football Coach

Guest Guest

Found this on the ME Football website. Pretty Impressive, with the new coaching staff, great things are expected. The talent certainly is there.

Maine Endwell Spartans Football

New coach, new web presence

With every new season comes new potential for greatness. Maine Endewell has always maintained a high standard for excellence in academics, social development, and athletic achievment. This year will prove no different. With that in mind, newly elected coach Matt Gallagher is leading the charge with a rigor matched only by the original Spartan 300 as if he were the 301st. Gallagher, himself an academic all-star, lettered in 3 sports while attending High School at Minisink Valley in Section 9. He later went on to earn a division I berth in the 1989 NCAA wrestling championships after setting a single season wins record at Wagner College.

But for the fact that Gallagher is utilizing some new web based technologies to bring his message to the masses, he is as "old school" as they come. A tough, straight laced grinder, Gallahger's love for the game is matched only by love for his family and the community that has come to know him so well. He has fostered a grass roots approach to building a program instead of just a team. With extensions reaching down to the pop warner levels, coach Gallagher's message of hard work, dedication, and perseverance echoes across the fields of play and is being heard by both 8 and 18 year olds, alike.

Submitted by: TJM

TJM Please get real --- NO HUGE EGOS ALLOWED!!!!! Who cares what happened 20 yrs ago --- or are you trying to get your son some playing time??? :blink:

Link is http://www.mespartanfootball.com/rss/internet_presence.php

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is a post pulled directly off of an RSS feed located on the Maine Endwelll Football site.

It's announcing the head of a the program, much like the CEO of a company would be formally announced.

It is fully appropriate for this type of an article to be made public on a related web page

so that concerned community members know who has been installed and what that individual is made of.

This has nothing to do with ego, boasting or any other form of arrogant rant. It simply describes who the

new coach is and what some of his accomplishments in life are.

It's quite apparent from this thread and others that people have a great deal of concern over these matters.

How come there isn't any mention of his past coaching accomplishments?

Would have made for an even lengthier summary article as he's been at it for nearly 20 years - then you'd TRULY be going off on petty accomplishments.

but with that in mind, contrary some of the posts in this thread, Coach Gallagher has enjoyed much success while at Maine Endwell.

Without even thinking about it, just look at the last two seasons at the JV level.

If I'm not mistaken the varsity kids he's got now are "pretty much" the same kids that Crooks and he led to an undefeated JV season in 2006

(forgive me if that stat is not entirely accurate - maybe they lost a game that year, but they were very tough either way)

Someone was accusing Gallagher of driving the wrestling program into the ground.

Sorry, that doesn't hold water either. Wrestling has only dropped off since he left over 4 years ago.

Like him or not...

Would have made for an even lengthier summary article as he's been at it for nearly 20 years - then you'd TRULY be going off on petty accomplishments.

but with that in mind, contrary some of the posts in this thread, Coach Gallagher has enjoyed much success while at Maine Endwell.

Without even thinking about it, just look at the last two seasons at the JV level.

If I'm not mistaken the varsity kids he's got now are "pretty much" the same kids that Crooks and he led to an undefeated JV season in 2006

(forgive me if that stat is not entirely accurate - maybe they lost a game that year, but they were very tough either way)

Someone was accusing Gallagher of driving the wrestling program into the ground.

Sorry, that doesn't hold water either. Wrestling has only dropped off since he left over 4 years ago.

Like him or not...

Yes 2 years a go they were undefeated the kids he has now - although I know varsity is a another story this group likes Gallagher and Crooks and it can be done a the varsity level too.

God luck ME!!

Like him or not...

Yes 2 years a go they were undefeated the kids he has now - although I know varsity is a another story this group likes Gallagher and Crooks and it can be done a the varsity level too.

God luck ME!!

Well speak for yourself but this group cannot stomach crooks and wants him out..they hate playing for him and with him....

Guest Will This Help your Kid?
this is a post pulled directly off of an RSS feed located on the Maine Endwelll Football site.

It's announcing the head of a the program, much like the CEO of a company would be formally announced.

It is fully appropriate for this type of an article to be made public on a related web page

so that concerned community members know who has been installed and what that individual is made of.

This has nothing to do with ego, boasting or any other form of arrogant rant. It simply describes who the

new coach is and what some of his accomplishments in life are.

It's quite apparent from this thread and others that people have a great deal of concern over these matters.

Quit Suking Up if your kid has talent he will play---NO NEED TO SUK UP!!! ;)

Guest Immaturity

Like him or not...

God luck ME!!

More Suking Up will it ever stop???

I remember him as a LL coach very poor sport actually always pouting and complaining--- too bad soooo sad! :P

I remember him as a LL coach very poor sport actually always pouting and complaining--- too bad soooo sad! :P

FYI-Sucking up usually works best when you use your name!

Guest Truth Hurts

FYI-Sucking up usually works best when you use your name!

FYI To All You Parents Suking Up ---- Stop Or Maine Endwell Will Be Swallowed Into A Big Black Hole And Cease To Exsist ---

If your kid has talent it will show!!! :lol::lol: ------------ :blink: -------------

@

This group likes Gallagher but absolutely hates crooks....they hated when they played JV football....crooks has nothing to bring to the table....he needs to go....he can't coach...never could

Like him or not...

God luck ME!!

The wrestling program was going downhill when he left, he had some early success and then the kids found out it was all about him.

If he has had so much success, why was he not rehired for four different jobs at ME? Modified football, wrestling, track and JV football.....

This group likes Gallagher but absolutely hates crooks....they hated when they played JV football....crooks has nothing to bring to the table....he needs to go....he can't coach...never could

Not true at all!! he is the key to the success of this team.

@

@

NOT TRUE...he is the key to failure with the way he treats us players...we want him out...

ME never had any football or baseball teams to speak of (basketball for that matter also) until the youth programs in the ME community got rolling. It is a darn shame that these coaches never recognize any of the youth programs that feed this talent to them. I remember back when my nephew played for Endicott LL and I attended the LL banquet. I was totally impressed when Mr Foli the then varsity baseball coach for UE was the guest speaker. He could not have a more positive message for the kids, but his expression of thanks to the league for constantly feeding him talented kids is what really impressed me the most. The coaches (Crooks, Krow, and hopefully Gallegher along with the rest of the coaches who benifit) should take note of how to show some class and be humble and thankful to all the volunteers who feed them this talent. How else do you win a State Baseball Championship with a majority of lower classmen 10th and 11th graders (not to take anything away from the kids ability). A simple thanks for your effort for helping groom great athlethes for the school program would be nice-----I would think all the countless volunteers would take even more pride in their school athletic programs to hear something like this from those reaping the rewards once in a while, and who knows maybe even some of the bashing would stop. Wouldn't that be something??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:;););)

UNBELIEVABLE POST --- SOMEONE HAS BRAINS AND KNOWS THE TRUTH FOR SURE!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

"I thought we played great......." Interesting quote coming from the losing coach. Must be M-E athletics have lowered their expectations a bit. This aint JVs!

What the hell is he supposed to say come on.....its just high school here guys....

"I thought we played great......." Interesting quote coming from the losing coach. Must be M-E athletics have lowered their expectations a bit. This aint JVs!

What the hell is he supposed to say come on.....its just high school here guys....

I dont know what he is supposed to say, but they didn't play "great." "Great" would be a word I would use to descibe the way a winning team played, not a loser.

I dont know what he is supposed to say, but they didn't play "great." "Great" would be a word I would use to descibe the way a winning team played, not a loser.

when you win it's because of the kids, when you lose it is the coaches fault....great coaches always take the fall for the loss publicly.

Fact is in 2004 2006 and 2007 the ME youth all star baseball LL 12 yr olds finished 2nd, 3rd and 1st in New York State LL championships. If you don't think these teams have talent that eventually gets to the High School level YOU ARE ON CRACK and know NOTHING about athletics or TALENT! Fact: ME Varsity Baseball team wins New York State H.S. Championship 2008 season with at least five underclassmen (tenth graders and eleventh graders) playing starting roll on the team----remember this was not sectionals it was the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! Enough said moron!!--------Talent real talent does and always will transfer up the ladder to the High School level to give you great teams with great kids who know how to WIN!!!!!!!.......DooooooFusssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are sooooooo right!

@

They don't like gallagher either....they just hate crooks more....

Archived