Best School District????

Guest guest

Yes, it is a great school with great educator's... All Broome County wannabees.

It is not too small or too big... it's not too good either

Our middle school is brand new and state of the art... new buldings don't mean a good education, just high taxes for mediocre performance.

Our elementary schools are Literacy Collaborative trained! Needs to be, the reading level at the Owego-Apalachin elem schools is very low.

We have all the things that the big schools have and not all the problems of larger schools... I'd call drugs and teen pregnancies problems.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny didn't mention SV, I'll help you out. Don't send your kid to SV it is a cesspool full of ungrateful crackers. SV is too white in its population as well. It's beginning to turn into a farm school like Whitney Point because of the stupid white kids.

Young man, your maturity level leaves much to be desired. I some how suspect you were expelled from SV. Get the chip off your shoulder and get on with your life.

I'd pack my bags. The local schools are all pretty bad and the private alternatives are even worse. Why place a terrific school in a loser community? Good schools are in communities with opportunity. That would be where in Broome? Find the community that the most people from here migrated to in the 90s and you will find good schools.

Guest Owego Pixie
Yes, it is a great school with great educator's. It is not too small or too big. Our middle school is brand new and state of the art. Our elementary schools are Literacy Collaborative trained! We have all the things that the big schools have and not all the problems of larger schools.

Let's not forget the administrative leaders who have no idea what they're doing and make up the rules as they go along. Owego is far from the district it was 20 years ago. District residents should be ashamed of those in command of the district. The BOE needs to be more assertive and replace the current administrative "team" with people who are well versed in true administrative leadership.

Let's not forget the administrative leaders who have no idea what they're doing and make up the rules as they go along. Owego is far from the district it was 20 years ago. District residents should be ashamed of those in command of the district. The BOE needs to be more assertive and replace the current administrative "team" with people who are well versed in true administrative leadership.

Agreed. Owego was once a decent district- 25 years ago. Now it is the home of low test grades - and wild programs designed to be a quick fix (they don't work). You want to know what will improve the district? Stop all the "progressive" feel good programs and go back to teaching reading, writing, math. Hold kids accountable for their actions (no more fighting in school, work to address the drug problem instead of ignoring it, etc.). Actually spend some time teaching instead of looking for ways to get out of the classroom (just do your job!).

Guest Typical Middleaged Adult
Young man, your maturity level leaves much to be desired. I some how suspect you were expelled from SV. Get the chip off your shoulder and get on with your life.

Actually I had high Honors. I was in the middle of the action to see what was going on. The problem with older adults is they don't take the time to listen to what a young adult or kid has to say. I'm not saying everything I say is true about the district, but what more do you know when you weren't caught up with all the corruption that a student has to deal with? Tell me what you know about the kids over at SV because my list would definitely be longer.

Agreed. Owego was once a decent district- 25 years ago. Now it is the home of low test grades - and wild programs designed to be a quick fix (they don't work). You want to know what will improve the district? Stop all the "progressive" feel good programs and go back to teaching reading, writing, math. Hold kids accountable for their actions (no more fighting in school, work to address the drug problem instead of ignoring it, etc.). Actually spend some time teaching instead of looking for ways to get out of the classroom (just do your job!).

Do you work for the district? Are you involved in the district in anyway? This information is false. Our test grades are excellent and we do not have any wild programs. We have hard working dedicated teacher's and staff. I would like to know who you are to make false accusations about a district. If you know so much why don't you tell? Owego/Apalachin does not have anymore drugs in their school than the other districts. As a parent of two children in the district, I am very happy. My children are high honor student's and are planning on attending good colleges. Lockheed Martin supports our school and the families it employs.

windsor is a good district! Small, safe, and great educators.

Forgot to mention the weed. Can't forget all that weed. Well I guess you agree with me since you didn't say Windsor doesn't have a weed problem or something along that line.

Do you work for the district? Are you involved in the district in anyway? This information is false. Our test grades are excellent and we do not have any wild programs. We have hard working dedicated teacher's and staff. I would like to know who you are to make false accusations about a district. If you know so much why don't you tell? Owego/Apalachin does not have anymore drugs in their school than the other districts. As a parent of two children in the district, I am very happy. My children are high honor student's and are planning on attending good colleges. Lockheed Martin supports our school and the families it employs.

You speak only of district propaganda. You know nothing of what goes on behind the scenes.

U.E. has the most by far kids getting ahtletic scholarships. U.E. has the best music department ny far. U.E. has the best science clubs. U.E. has the best cheerleading school. U.E. has the best mix of students who have a community feel. Vestal does as well academically but the studnet population is made up by a bunch of trasients who have no sense of community. They have the biggest Indian, Chinese and Muslim population, this is a negative. Binghamton is too poor. JC ditto. M.E. is okay but does not even have a marching band. CF is a farm school. CV is so so. Owego is poor. Windsor is populated by crude farmer types. Whitney Point is made up of poor whites who can't afford to live closer to town.

I find it amazing that you know all about these schools as well as the type of people who live in these towns. You must have been lucky to attend all of these schools to get this inaccurate information?

Vestal is far above the rest.

Vestal has a cocaine problem :angry: If you mean they're farther ahead because they have better drugs, then you are politically correct. If you meant education is better I also agree. They need to do something about the cocaine problem though :huh:

Wow get the heroin out your DELETED. Chill out and shoot up man. Jeez, I'm not even going to start on SV because they have major problems over yonder :huh:

I sense a troll.. Anyone that suggests Binghamton schools as being the best is absurd. I wouldn't send my dog to Binghamton. Maine Endwell is clearly the top choice if you are white and have money. Vestal is second, but a lot of scumbags there as well. Forks, CValley and Svalley are good as well. JC has gone downhill, but still good and UE is the same.

Maine Endwell has a weed problem just like Windsor. Don't even consider ME :angry:

What school does not have a weed problem? EVERY school has a weed problem.

Maine-Endwell is one of the best in the area. Small size, good teachers, strong club and athletic programs

Archived