Best School District????

Guest guest

What school does not have a weed problem? EVERY school has a weed problem.

My point exactly, wake up people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mr Miami
Windsor.......... thats why i moved here......... ya just dont know and maybe ya do . how bad it can be... dont ever think NC is a great place to raise kids... schools are far worse than most places in this nation

South FL is definitely the worst :angry:

at one time ny was a national leader in the education field. now we are at about the 50 percent line. still that means kids here get a better shake than half the country. schools in broome, chenango, and tioga county are not bad- they just are not great. many teachers here take the job because they like the vacations and the pay, hourly rate, is high. they are not all that interested in teaching and it shows. to bad there is no way to fairly work merit pay into the system. there would be plenty of money for merit pay if the districts reduced the number of administrators they carry. why are so many administrators needed?

Vestal by far

VESTAL? HA! I went to vestal schools and have been in the high school since it has been under construction. That place is a mess right now. There is dust in the air 24/7. The staff there are having breathing problems since it all started. This could have all been done over the summer but Nope to easy. :angry:

Lets take down walls, Turn off the fire alarm for days on end without telling anyone. Leave live wires out in the open with no cap over them. Put wood over the fire escape windows in a few classrooms and say "There are special kids in there so it is ok to stay in there."They wont know how much their lungs are messed up till they are in their 40's. ~ Vestal Schools

at one time ny was a national leader in the education field. now we are at about the 50 percent line. still that means kids here get a better shake than half the country. schools in broome, chenango, and tioga county are not bad- they just are not great. many teachers here take the job because they like the vacations and the pay, hourly rate, is high. they are not all that interested in teaching and it shows. to bad there is no way to fairly work merit pay into the system. there would be plenty of money for merit pay if the districts reduced the number of administrators they carry. why are so many administrators needed?

How would we ever move to a consolidated district, which should be cheaper, if everyone competes about their area. If we were one big district, would people be happy then? All kids would go Broome County Central Schools. Maybe then we could trim so administrators. Or, they might add more....

Guest teacher
many teachers here take the job because they like the vacations and the pay, hourly rate, is high. they are not all that interested in teaching

Where do you get this kind of information from? Seriously, give me a source that I can check.

Guest Local Teach

Teachers don't get to teach anymore. That might be why they seem a bit unenthusiastic. The government is crushing everyone with testing. Everything is about tests. When will we teach them what they might encounter on a test? When will we have a practice test? When will we have the real tests? When will we score the tests? When will we analyze the test? How will we modify little Johnny based on the test? After all that you just want to go home.

Guest Spartans

ME is the best IMO. My two kids were in Vestal until we bought a house in Maine Endwell five years ago. I could not be happier with Maine Endwell and all schools do have problems, but our job as parents is to teach your kid to not fall into those problems. I feel the student body, faculty and all around ME experience has been wonderful.

So, while everyone will bash each others school, my advice is rasie your kids properly and you can find the good in any school.

Guest Blackeee
UE is the best. We are happy with it so far.

most blacks - Binghamton

most drug sales - Binghamton

most shootings/stabbings/fights - Binghamton

most larceny of items from students - Binghamton

most blacks - Binghamton

most drug sales - Binghamton

most shootings/stabbings/fights - Binghamton

most larceny of items from students - Binghamton

Binghamton wins. I would defintely send my kid there. There are only like three shootings a year on campus, so that makes it a nice and comfortable learning atmosphere. What's so bad about drugs, if you want them Binghamton has them. If your white definitely consider Binghamton, you won't stick out like a sore thumb. If you want a free iPod all you have to do is reach into someones locker when there not looking. See Binghamton is great, you can get drugs if you need them, you have the right to self defense with a weapon, there is no such thing as a minority, and classmates are nice enough to distribute free expensive items :D Binghamton wins my vote

Where do you get your info? I have kids in Binghamton for the last ten years and they are doing great, and have never had a problem or even heard of a problem like you have described. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but the stories I hear have been about brains in the salad dressing (doctor's kid in Vestal) murder of a middle schooler (by his white trash brother) in ME etc. Every school has issues like these unfortunately.

The last student from Binghamton singled out that I remember was Shareeka Epps, who is making a name for herself as an award winning actress.

If I were worried about my kids in Binghamton I would switch to Vestal schools. (And I would worry about them there for different reasons). It's the only comparable school. The other schools around here simply do not have what Binghamton and Vestal offer academically.

JC does have an incredible music program.

"U.E. has the best music department ny far. U.E. has the best science clubs."

Nope. Best music dept. is in JC.

Best science would be ME.

Absolutely right about JC music department - Grammy Signature School how many years now? And while UE's is improving, it is still not equal to JC. And by the way, UE's music department head spent most of his career in JC before taking the UE job a few years ago. He was my band teacher in elementary school actually. So at least UE knows where to find the talent - in JC.

Where do you get your info? I have kids in Binghamton for the last ten years and they are doing great, and have never had a problem or even heard of a problem like you have described. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but the stories I hear have been about brains in the salad dressing (doctor's kid in Vestal) murder of a middle schooler (by his white trash brother) in ME etc. Every school has issues like these unfortunately.

The last student from Binghamton singled out that I remember was Shareeka Epps, who is making a name for herself as an award winning actress.

If I were worried about my kids in Binghamton I would switch to Vestal schools. (And I would worry about them there for different reasons). It's the only comparable school. The other schools around here simply do not have what Binghamton and Vestal offer academically.

I agree 100%! In fact, what BHS is often bashed for is some of there strong points.

Sure your kid might get in one or two more fights then he would in JC or such, however its 100% worth it to be in such an academically sound district.

many teachers here take the job because they like the vacations and the pay, hourly rate, is high. they are not all that interested in teaching

Where do you get this kind of information from? Seriously, give me a source that I can check

School year is 181 days (by NYS law). The teaching day, less lunch period, is approximately 6.75 hours. 181 days multilied by 6.75 hours equals 1221.75 hours worked. The median teaching salary (this varies from district to district) is $53,000.00.* This equals about $43 per hour.

Many teachers no longer take work home (like most other professionals) because special periods are built into their work day to address creating lesson plans, grading, etc. So no after school hours were calculated in this figure. Teachers are paid an additional stipend for clubs, coaching, etc. so these hours were not added into the basic salary either.

*a listing of teaching salaries for most of the school districts in the southern tier is available at www.pressconnects.com

Absolutely right about JC music department - Grammy Signature School how many years now? And while UE's is improving, it is still not equal to JC. And by the way, UE's music department head spent most of his career in JC before taking the UE job a few years ago. He was my band teacher in elementary school actually. So at least UE knows where to find the talent - in JC.

Their marching band are SS3 Champions

Their marching band are SS3 Champions

My kids go to Binghamton.

I teach in another district.

My kids will go to Binghamton as long as they offer the most variety of academics and activities.

No school district can offer the diverse schools as Binghamton - and I like that is is diverse.

My kids will succeed in Binghamton because it is expected from mom and dad - our house can deal with the issues that ALL schools have.

If my kids are going to be the best - they simply need to be in the most challenging environment - and that BHS.

It's not a country club and that's important as my kid steps on your neck on their way up !

It's called sarcasm because of the hideous surroundings near the school. Get a sense of humor.

My kids go to Binghamton.

I teach in another district.

My kids will go to Binghamton as long as they offer the most variety of academics and activities.

No school district can offer the diverse schools as Binghamton - and I like that is is diverse.

My kids will succeed in Binghamton because it is expected from mom and dad - our house can deal with the issues that ALL schools have.

If my kids are going to be the best - they simply need to be in the most challenging environment - and that BHS.

It's not a country club and that's important as my kid steps on your neck on their way up !

You sound just like the type of person I'd want teaching my kids! (NOT)

Believe it or not, breaking the third commandment is really offensive to some people, including me. Please refrain from using the Lord's name in vain. Thanks

I sincerely hope I don't get slammed for that request...I'd much rather see or hear DELETED or even DELETED than that.

Archived