How are the roads today?

Guy Guestinger

They look awful up here. Me and my cars are staying put.

Seems to me a friday night woulkd be the busiest night for a Limo driver?

Do you offer a service to the winerys ...naples and such?

With the obvious HUGE amounts of snow accumulating (sarcasm for the uninitiated), how are the roads? Are municipalities plowing?

who uses the word "uninitiated". are you trying to make yourself look smart?

Seems to me a friday night woulkd be the busiest night for a Limo driver?

Do you offer a service to the winerys ...naples and such?

To answer the first question fridays are pretty good but the way I see it a $400 night isnt worth wrecking a $20,000 car. These cars arent exactly a 4x in this crap. And yes about the wine tours.

PSB - 9:41 a.m.

Accident reported on the Vestal Parkway

At least three cars are in an accident on the Vestal Parkway behind MacArthur School. Binghamton police are responding to the situation.

Accidents are occuring all over the region due to the snow-covered roads, scanner reports indicate.

PSB - 9:41 a.m.

Accident reported on the Vestal Parkway

At least three cars are in an accident on the Vestal Parkway behind MacArthur School. Binghamton police are responding to the situation.

Accidents are occuring all over the region due to the snow-covered roads, scanner reports indicate.

Why is it that every time the snow falls people seem to forget how to drive in it?

Well, even though Luke Day had plenty of notice that we were getting several inches of snow the roads are a mess!!

I left for work at 7:00 a.m. (West Side) Of course my side street had not been touched and probably won't be until the snow melts.

Anyway, Riverside dDrive was slippery mess. I fishtailed and spun my tires trying to turn left to go downtown (near Confluence Park) (I was only going may 1 or 2 miles per hour).

The highly traveled road near the arena had not been plowed or sanded.

Then I fishtailed again turning from Hawley to State Street (again going VERY slowly).

I am soooo sick of complaining about this, but for the taxes we pay I EXPECT to be able to drive when we get a few inches of snow! This is not Florida where the world stops if it gets a flake of snow. Although Luke Day's snow removal plan is too let it melt (eventually) so none of his workers get overtime, that money can then go into his fat raise again next year!!

FYI Mr. Day-zed and Confused: My children need me to come home from work. I relaize the Ryan administration has no regard for working families or children in general, but if I get in an accident prepare for a huge lawsuit.

Loser!

NYS does not have school so crews not out there. State not anyway. 201 was slippery and snow covered but not bad.

State has been out since 0130 AM. Just because there is snow on the road does not mean nobody is out. They were not bad because there was some salt under the snow you were riding on.

I hope is snows and snows and snows. Maybe I can go home early because I've got a long drive!

Roads weren't all that bad on the way to work. The cleanest stretch of road seemed to be between Deposit & Windsor. So clean you couldn't tell is snowed. After that it got a little crappy but the brunt of crappy came when I reached Binghamton. Binghamton City roads (west side anyway) are never cleared like they should be.

How are the roads now, at 3:30 PM (Friday)??

It's now 3:32. I was just out.

Very slippery, even on Rt. 17.

I saw a car take a header into the median and did my good deed for the day. I called 911 and reported it immediately.

I live in the First Ward, and, up until about 15 minutes ago, I hadn't seen a single Bing. plow on the roads. My street is still unplowed.

It's now 3:32. I was just out.

Very slippery, even on Rt. 17.

I saw a car take a header into the median and did my good deed for the day. I called 911 and reported it immediately.

I live in the First Ward, and, up until about 15 minutes ago, I hadn't seen a single Bing. plow on the roads. My street is still unplowed.

Figures....and I gotta drive home in this crapola. *Yay*

Figures....and I gotta drive home in this crapola. *Yay*

I've got 4WD, so it's not a problem for me. There's lots of traffic on the roads, too. Lots of front wheel drive sedans sliding all over the place, and quite a few tow trucks out.

I've got 4WD, so it's not a problem for me. There's lots of traffic on the roads, too. Lots of front wheel drive sedans sliding all over the place, and quite a few tow trucks out.

Glad it's not a problem for you but if you're not offering to drive me home, I don't care what you drive! :P

Archived