Catholics: Ash Wednesday Tomorrow

A Faithful Catholic

They were also PREDOMINANTLY NOT CATHOLIC.

The Catholics did not come over on the boats yet, but when they did they certainly were persecuted to the hilt!

I guess that means all but three are in hell, huh?

Who said anyone is in hell? The Catholic Church has the FULLNESS of the truth. How much of that fullness you can take away, like all the protestants do in one form or the other, and still retain salvation is a question that is above me. :blink:

I rarely use the term hell. The only time I do is to those that REJECT Jesus Christ and the One Who sent Him will surely end up in hell. :blink:

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Pope HAS NEVER said anyone will not go to heaven. That is a lie that I have called you out on many times and you STILL have failed to provide any proof. I'm proud to be a Catholic and yes it is the TRUE CHURCH of Christ and not some sort of latter day off shoot founded on someone's prideful innovations. :blink:

Turn on the news once in a while - he was all over it saying that.

Guest Guest_marius_*
The Pope HAS NEVER said anyone will not go to heaven. That is a lie that I have called you out on many times and you STILL have failed to provide any proof. I'm proud to be a Catholic and yes it is the TRUE CHURCH of Christ and not some sort of latter day off shoot founded on someone's prideful innovations. :blink:

proof???? can a saint go to hell??? and just who elects people to be saints??? so when a pope decides a person should go through the process of becoming a saint and that person is confirmed to be a saint than don't that person go straight to heaven???

so you can infer that anybody that the pope/church makes a saint goes to heaven.

or how about the people that were SOLD indulgences (days out of purgatory), by the POPE??? that would mean that those people are going to heaven right??? since purgatory is the first steap before heaven and people in purgatory DON'T go to hell right??? so those living people that were SOLD days out of purgatory were going to heaven.....

proof???? can a saint go to hell??? and just who elects people to be saints??? so when a pope decides a person should go through the process of becoming a saint and that person is confirmed to be a saint than don't that person go straight to heaven???

so you can infer that anybody that the pope/church makes a saint goes to heaven.

or how about the people that were SOLD indulgences (days out of purgatory), by the POPE??? that would mean that those people are going to heaven right??? since purgatory is the first steap before heaven and people in purgatory DON'T go to hell right??? so those living people that were SOLD days out of purgatory were going to heaven.....

that was me ^^^

AFC's use of the term "Prots" is offensive, and his or her anger and lack of real concern for others becomes evident. I have many very close Roman Catholic friends, and I respect their right to practice their religion, as I respect my Jewish friends right to practice theirs....all the time not calling them "Hebes" or "Papists". I shoew them respect.

It is not my position in life to send down judgement on others for their faith.

Obviously, AFC has decided that he or she is anointed to do so. Pshaaah.

AFC essentially violates the freedom of religion that underlies the founding of our country, as declared in our Constitution, by being PREJUDICED based on religion.

Call it "Freedom of Speech". I call it hatred and intolerance.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Hey BCVOICEOFREASON it's Binghamton, not Binghampton.

Oh really? Wow, to think I've lived here nine years and all this time I thought it was Binghampton. Except for that short stretch when I thought it was called Bimmington. Thanks so much for pointing that out. :rolleyes:

Oh really? Wow, to think I've lived here nine years and all this time I thought it was Binghampton. Except for that short stretch when I thought it was called Bimmington. Thanks so much for pointing that out. :rolleyes:

dude, take a look at where it says you are from.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
dude, take a look at where it says you are from.

Yes, I know what it says, it's a joke because everyone who isn't from this area refers to the city as either Bimmington or Binghampton.

Guest BC Voice of Reason

Haven't you heard the people from New York City talk about the fantastic weekend they had in the Hamptons? You know they're talking about here, right? ;)

Yes, I know what it says, it's a joke because everyone who isn't from this area refers to the city as either Bimmington or Binghampton.

whew - what a relief to know it is a joke. I was concerned that you really are not as smart as you think you are

AFC's use of the term "Prots" is offensive, and his or her anger and lack of real concern for others becomes evident. I have many very close Roman Catholic friends, and I respect their right to practice their religion, as I respect my Jewish friends right to practice theirs....all the time not calling them "Hebes" or "Papists". I shoew them respect.

Prots is shorthand.

It is not my position in life to send down judgement on others for their faith.

Like I have said time and time again I attack false teachings and beliefs, not the people themselves. There are PLENTY OF FALSE teachings beginning forked on congregations, like the acceptance of abortions and homosexual acts, that have been clearly condemned in scripture and Sacred Tradition.

Obviously, AFC has decided that he or she is anointed to do so. Pshaaah.

It is my job as a TRUE member of the original Church of Christ to instruct others in the Faith. This is an act of mercy.

To instruct the ignorant: "Go into the whole world and proclaim the good news to all creation." Mk. 16:15

Condemning abortion, homosexual acts, and other societal evils fulfills this.

As well as this:

To admonish the sinner: "...there will be more joy in Heaven at the repentance of one sinner than at ninety-nine of the righteous who had no need of repentance." Lk. 15:7

Condemning and pointing out FALSE TEACHINGS does not go against God. :blink:

AFC essentially violates the freedom of religion that underlies the founding of our country, as declared in our Constitution, by being PREJUDICED based on religion.

The Word of God comes before country.

Call it "Freedom of Speech". I call it hatred and intolerance.

I hate false teachings and sins and will not tolerate them.

proof???? can a saint go to hell??? and just who elects people to be saints???

The person who has the Keys to Heaven (Pope) and his delegates as well as those who have the "binding and loosing" power, per Christ's will.

so when a pope decides a person should go through the process of becoming a saint and that person is confirmed to be a saint than don't that person go straight to heaven???

The WHOLE process starts at the diocesan level. That person would ALREADY be in heaven. Miracles have to be documented. At least TWO I believe. One before and one after death.

That person would ALREADY be in heaven. Miracles have to be documented. At least TWO I believe. One before and one after death.

or how about the people that were SOLD indulgences (days out of purgatory), by the POPE???

So?

that would mean that those people are going to heaven right???

Souls in purgatory ARE going to heaven. It is just a matter of time.

since purgatory is the first steap before heaven and people in purgatory DON'T go to hell right???

Correct and correct. Souls in purgatory ARE going to heaven. It is just a matter of time.

so those living people that were SOLD days out of purgatory were going to heaven.....

You cannot sell indulgences any more. It is a mortal sin. On top of that, you can only apply indulgences for the departed and only to YOURSELF to erase the TEMPORAL PUNISHMENTS due to the venial sins you have committed, not mortal sins. You must fulfill certain acts before you can apply any plenary or partial indulgence. I apply plenary indulgences to those Holy Souls in purgatory to help them in their sufferings because they cannot help themselves. They, in turn, when they get to heaven, will stop at nothing to plead to help me in return for what I did for them. :D

"It is therefore a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from sins." - 2 Maccabees 12:46

Guest Illuminatus
The founders of this country were CHRISTIANS and this is a PREDOMINANTLY CHRISTIAN nation.

DISAGREE. Most of the Founders were born into Christian (mainly Protestant) faiths, but in their adult (and thus nationally influential) lives are to be considered Deists. Believers in a God, in the sense of reason and personal experience, but not in the authoritativeness of scripture, prophecy or miraculous events. We are a Christian dominated nation, but I find it inaccurate to declare us founded by died in the wool Christians. And, considering they were non-Catholics, I'm a little surprised you even called them Christian!

Prots is shorthand.

Like I have said time and time again I attack false teachings and beliefs, not the people themselves. There are PLENTY OF FALSE teachings beginning forked on congregations, like the acceptance of abortions and homosexual acts, that have been clearly condemned in scripture and Sacred Tradition.

It is my job as a TRUE member of the original Church of Christ to instruct others in the Faith. This is an act of mercy.

To instruct the ignorant: "Go into the whole world and proclaim the good news to all creation." Mk. 16:15

Condemning abortion, homosexual acts, and other societal evils fulfills this.

As well as this:

To admonish the sinner: "...there will be more joy in Heaven at the repentance of one sinner than at ninety-nine of the righteous who had no need of repentance." Lk. 15:7

Condemning and pointing out FALSE TEACHINGS does not go against God. :blink:

The Word of God comes before country.

I hate false teachings and sins and will not tolerate them.

Thank you for proving my point....your last quote was about HATE and a lack of TOLERANCE. Go re-read the Gospels.

Prots is shorthand.

'A Faithful Catholic', you keep claiming that. But it has been demonstrated repeatedly that you cling to that term by willful choice. You single it out for disdain amid other terms that by contrast you accord due respect. Your 'shorthand' disclaimer merely revels in 'Plausible Deniability'. How do you expect to persuade anyone of your views while you insist on insulting first their identity and then their intelligence with a dishonest claim? Would you consider it a 'Badge of Honor' (your expression) to be called a "cathoholic"? Far be it from me to stoop that low. Besides, the same readers of your persuasion who have been content to sit back in silence and enjoy your use of "prots" would no doubt break their silence readily against "cathoholics".

It's interesting to note that you have finally gotten around to capitalizing 'Catholic' in your member-name. Others of your Faith commented way back about that.

Yet you are evidently selective about whose sensitivities you respect. You can't seem to be told that 'prots' is derogatory. Contrary to your claims of innocence, even within your own Faith there are those who would condemn your insulting use of 'prots':

Insulting another member by calling that person a "prot," "fundie," "radtrad," "heretic," or anything else is not permitted on these boards. This rule will be rigorously enforced. http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=127816

Look, I'm as much a sinner as anyone else, but I endeavour to be polite & genteel when conversing with non-Catholics. I'd even never think of using a term they might consider derogatory. I even very much dislike the term "Prot" some folks use. (It just sounds like a really dirty word to me.) Doesn't it make sense to refer to others in the way they'd refer to themselves? http://jimmyakin.typepad.com/defensor_fide..._catholic_.html

Over past weeks I've drawn your attention to this about four times, and others are doing likewise. Make yourself easier to respect.

A faithful catholic.....I think you are nuts. You do not act anything like the Jesus in the Gospels....believe me I have been trained in Biblical and historical christianity. You are so far off base on almost all of your rants here, you are what gives the church a bad name, and are the reason people leave in droves. If I had to go to your church I wouldnt come back either. So my suggestion would be to go to seminary for a while, get some education in Biblical interperation, and take a hard look at your own life before you begin to tell others wether or not they are living holy lives.

A faithful catholic.....I think you are nuts.

Thanks for the insult.

You do not act anything like the Jesus in the Gospels....

I am not Jesus by the way because He is PERFECT.

believe me I have been trained in Biblical and historical christianity.

You say so.

You are so far off base on almost all of your rants here,

Time and time again, I have stated I can back up everything I state on here.

you are what gives the church a bad name,

Actually, I give bad Catholics and those that left the Church a bad name.

and are the reason people leave in droves.

They leave because they are ignorant of their FAITH and want to live their lives the way they want to and not how God wants them too.

If I had to go to your church I wouldnt come back either.

Many people leave the TRUE CHURCH of Christ. The door swings both ways.

So my suggestion would be to go to seminary for a while,

I'm not going to be a priest. I suggest you join the TRUE Church of the Apostles and not one started after 1511 AD.

get some education in Biblical interperation,

Don't need it. I know what the Catholic Church Teaches Christianity DID NOT come out of the bible and the written Word of God is only HALF of the TOTAL Word of God.

and take a hard look at your own life before you begin to tell others wether or not they are living holy lives.

I know what a mortal sin is and how some "churches" are teaching their flocks that those sins are OK. I go to CONFESSION all the time the way the Lord taught and the Apostles spread....DO YOU?

'A Faithful Catholic', you keep claiming that. But it has been demonstrated repeatedly that you cling to that term by willful choice. You single it out for disdain amid other terms that by contrast you accord due respect. Your 'shorthand' disclaimer merely revels in 'Plausible Deniability'. How do you expect to persuade anyone of your views while you insist on insulting first their identity and then their intelligence with a dishonest claim? Would you consider it a 'Badge of Honor' (your expression) to be called a "cathoholic"? Far be it from me to stoop that low. Besides, the same readers of your persuasion who have been content to sit back in silence and enjoy your use of "prots" would no doubt break their silence readily against "cathoholics".

It's interesting to note that you have finally gotten around to capitalizing 'Catholic' in your member-name. Others of your Faith commented way back about that.

Yet you are evidently selective about whose sensitivities you respect. You can't seem to be told that 'prots' is derogatory. Contrary to your claims of innocence, even within your own Faith there are those who would condemn your insulting use of 'prots':

Over past weeks I've drawn your attention to this about four times, and others are doing likewise. Make yourself easier to respect.

When are you going to get off of your petty KICK? :blink:If you are a hacker, I couldn't care less. :lol:

Archived