Catholics: Ash Wednesday Tomorrow

A Faithful Catholic

'A Faithful Catholic', I gather then that you are snorting aside the following sentiments as being those of mere "Cafeteria Catholics" whom you trivialize?

"Insulting another member by calling that person a "prot," "fundie," "radtrad," "heretic," or anything else is not permitted on these boards. This rule will be rigorously enforced. http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=127816 "

"Look, I'm as much a sinner as anyone else, but I endeavour to be polite & genteel when conversing with non-Catholics. I'd even never think of using a term they might consider derogatory. I even very much dislike the term "Prot" some folks use. (It just sounds like a really dirty word to me.) Doesn't it make sense to refer to others in the way they'd refer to themselves? http://jimmyakin.typepad.com/defensor_fide..._catholic_.html "

When are you going to get off of your petty KICK? :blink:If you are a hacker, I couldn't care less. :lol:

By your own behavior you render your entire message (if it even deserves such description) "petty". When are you going to get off your smug Holier-Than-Thou KICK?

How many converts do you think you have won over to your Catholic Church's "FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH" in all your weeks of obnoxious patronizing? How many do you think you are ever likely to? Descendants of the Reformation never had a more persuasive Mascot for their cause than you are. If *Protestants* too were in the habit of creating Saints at the drop of a hat, then you would be their first for your service to them. You are the most convincing advocate they could ever wish for! They won't be able to build churches quickly enough to accommodate all the refugees you chase into their open arms!

Do keep up the good work ...... PLEASE!

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jon -

I have been reading your replies to AFC for quite some time. Your responses to the insulting and derogatory tone AFC displays to non-Catholics is always on the mark. Thank you!

'A Faithful Catholic', I gather then that you are snorting aside the following sentiments as being those of mere "Cafeteria Catholics" whom you trivialize?

"Cafeteria Catholics" are those that pick and choose dogmas and doctrines that they believe in and ignore the rest....I believe in ALL of the Catholic Dogmas and Doctrines.

"Insulting another member by calling that person a "prot," "fundie," "radtrad," "heretic," or anything else is not permitted on these boards. This rule will be rigorously enforced. http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=127816 "

First of all, that is not this board. That is just the opinion of others. I believe in what the Church taught about those who destroyed the unity of the Church in the 1500s.

"Look, I'm as much a sinner as anyone else, but I endeavour to be polite & genteel when conversing with non-Catholics. I'd even never think of using a term they might consider derogatory. I even very much dislike the term "Prot" some folks use. (It just sounds like a really dirty word to me.) Doesn't it make sense to refer to others in the way they'd refer to themselves? http://jimmyakin.typepad.com/defensor_fide..._catholic_.html "

Just another person's opinions. Those persons who did start the "reformation" namely luther and his 5 or so side kicks are heretics.

By your own behavior you render your entire message (if it even deserves such description) "petty".

My promotion of the TRUE CHURCH of Christ and the Apostles has NOT become petty, because I did not create the DOGMAS and DOCTRINES, Jesus the Lord did. They do not come from me.

When are you going to get off your smug Holier-Than-Thou KICK?

The TRUE CHURCH of Christ and the Apostles is the CATHOLIC CHURCH and none other. This is not about me as I have said time and time again.

How many converts do you think you have won over to your Catholic Church's "FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH" in all your weeks of obnoxious patronizing?

It is not my job to win converts. That is the Holy Spirit's job. I am here to attack FALSE TEACHINGS that have been cropping up in some areas in Christianity in recent years and at least tell people the truth....What they do with that truth is up to them. The Catholic Church does have that fullness of truth, while others take away the Sacraments and Mass, for example. :o

How many do you think you are ever likely to? Descendants of the Reformation never had a more persuasive Mascot for their cause than you are.

I have been telling the truth on this board for many months. Most have turned their backs on the valid Eucharist and the Mass amongst other things, how sad. The history of Christianity is not protestantism, if there ever was a safe bet, that is it.

If *Protestants* too were in the habit of creating Saints at the drop of a hat, then you would be their first for your service to them.

They turned there back on the Most GLORIOUS EUCHARIST and half of the Word of God, not me.

You are the most convincing advocate they could ever wish for!

I believe in the ENTIRE Word of God and that includes everything the Apostles did and started, "everywhere they went" This includes all Apostolic Sees and bishoprics.

They won't be able to build churches quickly enough to accommodate all the refugees you chase into their open arms! Do keep up the good work ...... PLEASE!

There is not one false teaching in the Catholic Church. There are plenty in protestantism. Accepting abortion and homosexual acts as normal immediately come to mind, amongst other horrible evils.

I will certainly keep on promoting the TRUTH and if people don't like it, that's too bad. At least they never can say they never heard the truth.

Jon -

I have been reading your replies to AFC for quite some time. Your responses to the insulting and derogatory tone AFC displays to non-Catholics is always on the mark. Thank you!

I believe in a right and wrong in terms of the teachings of God. I point out FALSE teachings and people don't like it. That's too bad.

I believe in a right and wrong in terms of the teachings of God. I point out FALSE teachings and people don't like it. That's too bad.

As usual, you miss (or purposely side-step) the point.

It is not a matter of doubting that you "believe" in what you say. Actually, that is the sad point. And as much as you would like to believe otherwise, it is not just a matter of people not "liking" hearing about so-called "false" teachings. It is the fact that you wrap yourself up in the words of God as YOU believe them and then cry out that people just don't "like" hearing the truth. How very self-serving. No my friend. The fact is that you continuously show yourself as someone who is not interested in speaking about your beliefs without being insulting and derogatory to others who do not share your faith. If you were truly a person who simply wanted to convey God's word, you could easily do so without the name calling.

You can repeat over and over how you are just "pointing" things out. But, it is MY belief that you are actually doing more harm than good. Anyone who believes you are a typical Christian would surely be turned off by your obvious disdain and lack of compassion towards others.

First of all, that is not this board. That is just the opinion of others.

I knew you'd grope around for some way to invalidate their remarks. As predicted, you have snorted them aside. Try this for an extension of your own logic:

The Bible is not this board either, but that doesn't stop you from invoking it when it suits you. Why the double standards?

This is not about me as I have said time and time again.

Pull the other leg, it chimes. Anyone reading your posts would have to search far and wide to find a more self-serving, self indulgent, self-exalting stance than your ramblings expose. Don't even pretend that it is about your Faith. Genuine devotees would disown you for your boastful presumptuousness.

As for the rest of your post, the holes in your template we discussed before miss their mark. Whether or not you even comprehend the parts you pretend to reply to, you do not address them but instead you 'Knight's Move' into the wild blue yonder. Your replies as usual are meaningless non-sequiturs.

I do not need to elaborate. Others will see your irrelevances for themselves.

As usual, you miss (or purposely side-step) the point.

It is not a matter of doubting that you "believe" in what you say. Actually, that is the sad point. And as much as you would like to believe otherwise, it is not just a matter of people not "liking" hearing about so-called "false" teachings. It is the fact that you wrap yourself up in the words of God as YOU believe them and then cry out that people just don't "like" hearing the truth. How very self-serving. No my friend. The fact is that you continuously show yourself as someone who is not interested in speaking about your beliefs without being insulting and derogatory to others who do not share your faith. If you were truly a person who simply wanted to convey God's word, you could easily do so without the name calling.

You can repeat over and over how you are just "pointing" things out. But, it is MY belief that you are actually doing more harm than good. Anyone who believes you are a typical Christian would surely be turned off by your obvious disdain and lack of compassion towards others.

There is a right and wrong in Christianity. Here is a great quote that just about sums it up:

"Let us note that the very tradition, teaching, and faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning, which the Lord gave, was preached by the Apostles, and was preserved by the Fathers. On this was the Church founded; and if anyone departs from this, he neither is nor any longer ought to be called a Christian."

St. Athanasius ("Four Letters to Serapion of Thmuisc," c. 360 A.D.)

I do lack compassion for FALSE TEACHINGS, SINS, and ERRORS.

There is a right and wrong in Christianity. Here is a great quote that just about sums it up:

"Let us note that the very tradition, teaching, and faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning, which the Lord gave, was preached by the Apostles, and was preserved by the Fathers. On this was the Church founded; and if anyone departs from this, he neither is nor any longer ought to be called a Christian."

A quote from someone back in 360 A.D. entitles you to be mean and derogatory towards other Christians? You are truly sick.

Yeah, that sums it up. If you are not Catholic, you suck and AFC can refer to you with slang terms that he/she knows you find offensive.

Yeah, that is exactly what Jesus would do. Yep. That's very Christian-like.

I knew you'd grope around for some way to invalidate their remarks. As predicted, you have snorted them aside.

Those were just opinions.

Try this for an extension of your own logic:

The Bible is not this board either, but that doesn't stop you from invoking it when it suits you. Why the double standards?

I will invoke the Word of God...The COMPLETE Word of God. The Word of God is not OPINIONS.

Pull the other leg, it chimes. Anyone reading your posts would have to search far and wide to find a more self-serving, self indulgent, self-exalting stance than your ramblings expose.

Everything I state about the CC can be backed up.

Don't even pretend that it is about your Faith.

Oh, it most certainly is. I see all the false teachings being promoted in some churches and it bothers me.

Genuine devotees would disown you for your boastful presumptuousness.

True Catholics, if they are not ignorant of their Faith, know exactly what I am talking about. "Boastful presumptuousness" on the Truth that the CC teaches? It is what it is. There is no such thing as a plural truth in the Word of God. There is ONLY ONE Truth, not the many.

As for the rest of your post, the holes in your template we discussed before miss their mark. Whether or not you even comprehend the parts you pretend to reply to, you do not address them but instead you 'Knight's Move' into the wild blue yonder. Your replies as usual are meaningless non-sequiturs.

I do not need to elaborate. Others will see your irrelevances for themselves.

What I state about the Faith is true and correct and cannot be assailed.

Yeah, that sums it up. If you are not Catholic, you suck and AFC can refer to you with slang terms that he/she knows you find offensive.

Yeah, that is exactly what Jesus would do. Yep. That's very Christian-like.

Jesus didn't split the Church in the 1500s and walk away from the Church He founded. That is not my quote, either. Jesus had NO TOLERANCE for FALSE TEACHINGS, SINS, and ERRORS.

Jesus didn't split the Church in the 1500s and walk away from the Church He founded. That is not my quote, either. Jesus had NO TOLERANCE for FALSE TEACHINGS, SINS, and ERRORS.

Comparing yourself to Jesus again? (You used the same references to your own zero compassion for false teachings, sins and errors.) If Jesus were here today, I somehow doubt he would refer to other Christians that are not of the Catholic faith in derogatory terms. And yet, you never hesitate to do so. Nice. Real nice. Is your faith so weak that you have to refer to other Christians using offensive slang terms? I truly hope your version of Jesus having no tolerance for sins and errors is correct. At least that gives us all hope that YOU will be held accountable someday by Him.

Keep posting. I encourage it. People are really starting to see the sick person you truly are.

Comparing yourself to Jesus again? (You used the same references to your own zero compassion for false teachings, sins and errors.)

Show me where Jesus tolerated those things. You won't find them. I don't tolerate them, either.

If Jesus were here today, I somehow doubt he would refer to other Christians that are not of the Catholic faith in derogatory terms. And yet, you never hesitate to do so. Nice. Real nice.

There was no such people as other Christians in His day. I am sure He would say plenty about those who turned their back on the True Eucharist. Prots is shorthand as I have said before.

Is your faith so weak that you have to refer to other Christians using offensive slang terms?

Prots is shorthand as I have said time and time again.

I truly hope your version of Jesus having no tolerance for sins and errors is correct.

It is very true and correct. Jesus did not come to start a Kumbye ya camp.

At least that gives us all hope that YOU will be held accountable someday by Him.

What sin did I commit?

Keep posting. I encourage it. People are really starting to see the sick person you truly are.

I speak out against FALSE TEACHINGS and actions and will always do.

Show me where Jesus tolerated those things. You won't find them. I don't tolerate them, either.

Please show me where I said he did tolerate them. Or, did you forget to look-up and actually read what I wrote before hitting the keyboard?

There was no such people as other Christians in His day. I am sure He would say plenty about those who turned their back on the True Eucharist. Prots is shorthand as I have said before.

Please work on your grammar. It should be - "There WERE no such people." That aside, others have explained to you -and even referenced a Catholic website -- that term is considered offensive. White supremacists and Nazis had "shorthand"t terms for other people, also. You display complete arrogance and disdain towards others when you continue to use your little "shorthand." Not to mention, ignorance.

Prots is shorthand as I have said time and time again.

And apparently, you will continue saying it time and again.

It is very true and correct. Jesus did not come to start a Kumbye ya camp.

Please show me where I said he did? You are completely off point, again. The issue is how Jesus would refer to Christians who happen to not be Catholic. "Thanks for believing in me Prots, but you aren't Catholic and, therefore, you suck."

What sin did I commit?

Unlike you, I will not speak for God. I will let Him decide.

I speak out against FALSE TEACHINGS and actions and will always do.

And you apparently will do so in a mean, derogatory, and self-absorbed way.

"Boastful presumptuousness" on the Truth that the CC teaches? It is what it is. There is no such thing as a plural truth in the Word of God. There is ONLY ONE Truth, not the many.

Another hallmark 'A Faithful Catholic' sidestep.

My observation about your boastful presumptuousness was about YOU, AS A PERSON. You only switched it to target the Catholic Church to avoid its obvious reference to yourself. Then you waffled off on more diatribe about plural Truths etc to try and further bury the original observation. You don't have what it takes to even consider personal criticism. You just pretend it is aimed elsewhere. If that's what you have to do to preserve your unChristian vanity then how can you assume the right to represent a moral code of any sort, let alone some Church?

Another hallmark 'A Faithful Catholic' sidestep.

"You say so."

My observation about your boastful presumptuousness was about YOU, AS A PERSON.

I am not here, for me.

You only switched it to target the Catholic Church to avoid its obvious reference to yourself.

Because I am not here for ME.

Then you waffled off on more diatribe about plural Truths etc to try and further bury the original observation.

This is not about me, I have said this a million times.

You don't have what it takes to even consider personal criticism.

Oh, I do. Those "in the know" are aware of what I am doing.

You just pretend it is aimed elsewhere.

This has nothing to do with me.

If that's what you have to do to preserve your unChristian vanity then how can you assume the right to represent a moral code of any sort, let alone some Church?

I told you prots is shorthand. You think it is unchristian. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. The CC isn't "some Church" It is the ORIGINAL.

"You say so."

I am not here, for me.

Because I am not here for ME.

This is not about me, I have said this a million times.

Oh, I do. Those "in the know" are aware of what I am doing.

This has nothing to do with me.

I told you prots is shorthand. You think it is unchristian. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. The CC isn't "some Church" It is the ORIGINAL.

Just a string of empty denials and a few more sidesteps thrown in for good measure.

Bed time for me. I'll leave it to others to dissect in detail if they choose to.

Guest Knight of Darkness
What sin did I commit?

Funny you should ask that. :D Remember this from earlier in the thread?

I'm proud to be a Catholic

Pride is at the top of the list of the Seven Deadly Sins, which in turn was compiled by early leaders of the Catholic Church, including Pope St. Gregory the Great. If there is anything else I can help you out with, just let me know. ;)

"Wherever the bishop appears, let the congregation be there also. Just as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church." St. Ignatius of Antioch ("Epistle to the Smyrnaeans," c. 105 A.D.)

Wherever Christ is the Catholic Church might also be, but Christ has never automatically been wherever the Catholic Church is.

The two do not enfold each other equally.

popejr4.jpg

'A Faithful Catholic', if this perplexes you I recommend that you read up a little on 'Venn Diagrams'.

Funny you should ask that. :D Remember this from earlier in the thread?

Pride is at the top of the list of the Seven Deadly Sins, which in turn was compiled by early leaders of the Catholic Church, including Pope St. Gregory the Great. If there is anything else I can help you out with, just let me know. ;)

Knowing full well that the Catholic Church has the Fullness of the TRUTH and everyone else lacks something of that TRUTH? This is not PRIDE. This is TRUTH. The Catholic Church does not lack the TRUTH.

Wherever Christ is the Catholic Church might also be, but Christ has never automatically been wherever the Catholic Church is.

The two do not enfold each other equally.

popejr4.jpg

'A Faithful Catholic', if this perplexes you I recommend that you read up a little on 'Venn Diagrams'.

Would YOU be a Christian without the BIBLE? I would. The FIRST CHRISTIANS WERE!

Shall we IGNORE all the things the Apostles started OUTSIDE of the WRITTEN Word of God?The bible was compiled in the 4rth century by the Catholic Bishops of the day.....

Everything those APOSTLES DID was the Word of GOD. Shall we ignore them?

By the way...The Catholic Church is the BRIDE of Christ. Jesus put Peter in charge of His Church on earth, per Mathew 16 and the Feed my Lambs x3 discourse.

Guest Knight of Darkness
'A Faithful Catholic', if this perplexes you I recommend that you read up a little on 'Venn's Diagrams'.

Jon, I didn't think you were evil, but now I'm wondering if you're trying to get rid of AFC by causing his head to explode. 3.gif

Archived