Catholics: Ash Wednesday Tomorrow

A Faithful Catholic

I'm not going to comment yet, in case this turns out to be an innuendo-innuendo. (LOL)

As you may have deduced by now, I take nothing for granted.

So that I understand what you are referring to, can you provide a specific example/s?

One example that comes to mind immediately is your statement that " Proofs are not always paraded here ..." I would consider that this implies or insinuates an unclear reference of sorts ... wouldn't you?

If anyone has proofs that repudiate teachings of the Catholic Church let's get them out in the open and not beat around the bush.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Endorsed by an influential Texas televangelist, Republican John McCain endeared himself to one group of voters but risked alienating another with the pastor's anti-Catholic views.

The controversy has been mild so far, but still, every vote counts in a presidential election that is expected to be closely contested.

Evangelical or born-again Christian voters were key to George W. Bush's victories, but so were Roman Catholics, who chose Bush over their fellow Catholic John Kerry in 2004 and over Al Gore in 2000.

The televangelist, San Antonio megachurch leader John Hagee, has referred to the Roman Catholic Church as "the great whore" and called it a "false cult system" and "the apostate church"; the word "apostate" means someone who has forsaken his religion.

He also has linked Adolf Hitler to the Catholic church, suggesting it helped shape his anti-Semitism.

"Indeed, for the past few decades, he has waged an unrelenting war against the Catholic Church," said Catholic League President Bill Donohue.

Guest Guest
One example that comes to mind immediately is your statement that " Proofs are not always paraded here ..." I would consider that this implies or insinuates an unclear reference of sorts ... wouldn't you?

If anyone has proofs that repudiate teachings of the Catholic Church let's get them out in the open and not beat around the bush.

You two guys -- AFC and Uncle Geo -- remind me of pimps. Parading your religion on post after post like a pimp with his whore on a street corner. Look, everyone -- she's the best! You should WANT to align yourself with her! She's been doing this for centuries -- she's the only one who does it right! Hurry, before it is too late!!!!!

You both continuously demand others prove you wrong. Has it ever occurred to you, most people don't feel the need to tear apart other religions the way you two seem to enjoy doing? Those who have TRUE faith, have the confidence within themselves to practice accordingly, instead of spewing hate and challenging everyone like bullies on a playground. Your faith is weak, and you know it. Otherwise, you would not feel the need to act the way you do towards others.

If there is to be an argument let's get it out into the open and not beat about the bush with innuendos.

I'm not going to comment yet, in case this turns out to be an innuendo-innuendo. (LOL)

So that I understand what you are referring to, can you provide a specific example/s?

Then let me make it clear for you. (lol)

I'll see your innuendo, and raise you one insinuendo: Matthew 7:6

Then let me make it clear for you. (lol)

I'll see your innuendo, and raise you one insinuendo: Matthew 7:6

I think that's a fine rule to follow ... unless you are trying to make a point in a discussion.

It's almost as if you want the other person to read your mind and make your argument for you.

I think that's a fine rule to follow ... unless you are trying to make a point in a discussion.

It's almost as if you want the other person to read your mind and make your argument for you.

Been there, done that already ... involuntarily. Many times. After a while, one learns, Uncle Geo.

How long would you strive to exchange views with someone whose own mindset absolutely forbids any remote chance of a meeting of the minds, Uncle Geo?

How long would you go on presenting legitimate points when only 2 out of 10 don't get blatantly sidestepped, Uncle Geo?

Have you seen evidence of that recently, Uncle Geo?

Given that, how long before the quality and quantity of your own input would concern you less, Uncle Geo?

I have my standards. I would rather sacrifice quantity than quality, Uncle Geo.

Do you think we might know of anyone else who seems to have resigned themselves to the same priorities lately, Uncle Geo?

Just to be perfectly up-front and transparent, this is all by way of insinuendo, Uncle Geo. (lol)

Guest Satan
Been there, done that already ... involuntarily. Many times. After a while, one learns, Uncle Geo.

How long would you strive to exchange views with someone whose own mindset absolutely forbids any remote chance of a meeting of the minds, Uncle Geo?

How long would you go on presenting legitimate points when only 2 out of 10 don't get blatantly sidestepped, Uncle Geo?

Have you seen evidence of that recently, Uncle Geo?

Given that, how long before the quality and quantity of your own input would concern you less, Uncle Geo?

I have my standards. I would rather sacrifice quantity than quality, Uncle Geo.

Do you think we might know of anyone else who seems to have resigned themselves to the same priorities lately, Uncle Geo?

Just to be perfectly up-front and transparent, this is all by way of insinuendo, Uncle Geo. (lol)

I think I see where this is going. Tee hee hee.....

The televangelist, San Antonio megachurch leader John Hagee, has referred to the Roman Catholic Church as "the great whore" and called it a "false cult system" and "the apostate church"; the word "apostate" means someone who has forsaken his religion.

Everybody knows hagee is a nut. He doesn't know scripture! No one believed his versions until HE came along! What a joke. :lol:

You two guys -- AFC and Uncle Geo -- remind me of pimps. Parading your religion on post after post like a pimp with his whore on a street corner. Look, everyone -- she's the best! You should WANT to align yourself with her! She's been doing this for centuries -- she's the only one who does it right! Hurry, before it is too late!!!!!

The CC has the FULLNESS of the TRUTH.

You both continuously demand others prove you wrong. Has it ever occurred to you, most people don't feel the need to tear apart other religions the way you two seem to enjoy doing? Those who have TRUE faith, have the confidence within themselves to practice accordingly, instead of spewing hate and challenging everyone like bullies on a playground. Your faith is weak, and you know it. Otherwise, you would not feel the need to act the way you do towards others.

You make NO SENSE at all:

1.)

"Those who have TRUE faith, have the confidence within themselves to practice accordingly"
If they do not practice and believe what the Apostles and Early Church did, then they are WRONG.

2.)

"Your faith is weak, and you know it."
My FAITH is strong!!!!! "God our Savior desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." 1 Tim 2:3-4. Those that are IGNORANT and have been following FALSE TEACHINGS need to be told the truth. I do that. I'm not going to sit back and do nothing and have people being led straight to hell by false teachings being spread in heretical "churches" by "wolves in sheep's clothing"!!!! Sorry...I have to try to help.

Guest Guest
The CC has the FULLNESS of the TRUTH.

You make NO SENSE at all:

1.) If they do not practice and believe what the Apostles and Early Church did, then they are WRONG.

2.) My FAITH is strong!!!!! "God our Savior desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." 1 Tim 2:3-4. Those that are IGNORANT and have been following FALSE TEACHINGS need to be told the truth. I do that. I'm not going to sit back and do nothing and have people being lead straight to hell by false teachings being spread in heretical "churches" by "wolves in sheep's clothing"!!!! Sorry...I have to try to help.

Of course not to you. It requires a comprehension level above the third grade.

Guest Satan
To bad you have no idea what I wrote.

TOO bad you are an illiterate fool! :lol: :lol:

I know, I know. You weren't an "English Major!" :lol:

TOO bad you are an illiterate fool! :lol: :lol:

I know, I know. You weren't an "English Major!" :lol:

You worry about my simple mistakes and typos, but you follow false teachings. Who's in WORSE shape? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I suggest you worry about your soul instead of my minor mistakes. That is my sincere suggestion to YOU. The more I read about false teachings in the heretical churches, the more I wonder how many souls they have rotted out. It's a terrible situation. :angry:

Guest Guest

AFC: So how did the Catholic Church preserve or give us the Bible as we know it tioday?? Did the Monk's hand transcribe the Old and New Testements??

Who belongs to a Church that promotes the sexual abuse of children and hides the abusers ? did you work at Good Sorrows too ?

What does that have to do with the teachings and Dogmas of the FAITH? I never have made that connection. Please explain how the actions of the sinners determine how valid the teachings are.

You can start by looking over this..These teachings are PERFECT, the sinners are not:

http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/ccc_toc.htm

Name one false teaching.

Try looking at these:

www.stopbaptistpredators.com

www.reformation.com

:blink:

AFC: So how did the Catholic Church preserve or give us the Bible as we know it tioday?? Did the Monk's hand transcribe the Old and New Testements??

From my notes:

The Origins of the Canon of the Bible

Many people deny the cc had anything to do with anything back in the day. Here is a little bit of info for everyone:

Melito, bishop of Sardis, an ancient city of Asia Minor (see Rev 3), c. 170 AD produced the first known Christian attempt at an Old Testament canon. His list maintains the Septuagint order of books but contains only the Old Testament protocanonicals minus the Book of Esther.

The Council of Laodicea, c. 360, produced a list of books similar to today's canon. This was one of the Church's earliest decisions on a canon.

Pope Damasus, 366-384, in his Decree, listed the books of today's canon.

The Council of Rome, 382, was the forum which prompted Pope Damasus' Decree.

Bishop Exuperius of Toulouse wrote to Pope Innocent I in 405 requesting a list of canonical books. Pope Innocent listed the present canon.

The Council of Hippo, a local north Africa council of bishops created the list of the Old and New Testament books in 393 which is the same as the Roman Catholic list today.

The Council of Carthage, a local north Africa council of bishops created the same list of canonical books in 397. This is the council which many Protestant and Evangelical Christians take as the authority for the New Testament canon of books. The Old Testament canon from the same council is identical to Roman Catholic canon today. Another Council of Carthage in 419 offered the same list of canonical books.

Since the Roman Catholic Church does not define truths unless errors abound on the matter, Roman Catholic Christians look to the Council of Florence, an ecumenical council in 1441 for the first definitive list of canonical books.

The final infallible definition of canonical books for Roman Catholic Christians came from the Council of Trent in 1556 in the face of the errors of the Reformers who rejected seven Old Testament books from the canon of scripture to that time.

Guest Satan
You worry about my simple mistakes and typos, but you follow false teachings. Who's in WORSE shape? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I suggest you worry about your soul instead of my minor mistakes. That is my sincere suggestion to YOU. The more I read about false teachings in the heretical churches, the more I wonder how many souls they have rotted out. It's a terrible situation. :angry:

First, how do you know I follow false teachings?

Second, you apparently were embarrassed and worried enough to go back and CORRECT your error. :lol:

Third, you may "wonder" how many souls have "rotted" out, but it doesn't stop you from wasting time posting poo pictures.

YOU are a terrible "situation!"

First, how do you know I follow false teachings?

You're satan, right?

Second, you apparently were embarrassed and worried enough to go back and CORRECT your error. :lol:

I am not embarrassed at all. I make mistakes. I admit it, but I know the TRUE FAITH.

Third, you may "wonder" how many souls have "rotted" out, but it doesn't stop you from wasting time posting poo pictures.

It took all of 10 seconds to post that pic that MOCKED your original comment, diaper boy liar.

YOU are a terrible "situation!"

At least I follow the truth! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

www.stopbaptistpredators.com

Where have I seen this exact same URL before? Ah, I remember ... in previous posts by A Faithful Catholic ... like about 12 times over recent weeks. It keeps popping up over and over, almost exclusively. A Faithful Catholic seems so fixated on this one site in particular that it bears the Hallmarks of Cherry-picking.

It is an ethics watchdog from within the Baptist Church, and is applying strong pressure to bring to justice those of its Clergy whose conduct lets down the ideals of their Church. Presumably other denominations have similar watchdog agencies too, even the Catholic Church.

Therefore, A Faithful Catholic, please find and share a link to the Catholic Church's own counterpart to this Baptist initiative, so comparisons can be made.

Guest Satan
You're satan, right?

I am not embarrassed at all. I make mistakes. I admit it, but I know the TRUE FAITH.

It took all of 10 seconds to post that pic that MOCKED your original comment, diaper boy liar.

At least I follow the truth! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, I see. Because I use the name "Satan", you assume I actually am Satan!!! Wow! You really are a gullible little fool aren't you? I honestly didn't realize how much brain matter the catholic church sucked out of you.

Hold on -- in a moment, I believe you are going to see a message from God.

AFC --

This is God, as you can see by my name.

You are doing evil. You are making the Catholic Church look very bad. You are a bigot.

And on top of all that, you are illiterate. Oh, yea -- and a liar.

Now, I command you -- be gone and do not return to this website.

Sincerely,

God

Guest Knight of Darkness
I honestly didn't realize how much brain matter the catholic church sucked out of you.

That's probably why Cthulhu didn't find much to eat in AFC's skull. ;)

Oh, I see. Because I use the name "Satan", you assume I actually am Satan!!! Wow! You really are a gullible little fool aren't you? I honestly didn't realize how much brain matter the catholic church sucked out of you.

You are the one that put on that HORRIBLE name and you are quite proud of it. That sort of thing reminds me of people who play the Ouija board and think it is nothing wrong with it. It is quite apparent that you have never dealt with anyone that is strong in their faith.

Hold on -- in a moment, I believe you are going to see a message from God.

I pretty much guess it won't be! Hahaha

Get your diapers changed, liar! :lol:

AFC --This is God, as you can see by my name.

You think it is perfectly harmless doing what you are doing....

You are doing evil.

Not if I am spreading the TRUTH.

You are making the Catholic Church look very bad.

Not if I am spreading the TRUTH.

You are a bigot.

Not at all. :lol:

And on top of all that, you are illiterate.

I make typos. You whine so much about that. You need to worry about your soul and get out from under those false teachings.

Oh, yea -- and a liar.

You are the proven LIAR. I have never lied. :lol:

Now, I command you -- be gone and do not return to this website.

Sincerely,

God

Nope. I will expose false teachings like I always have. People can't handle the truth as been stated many times. :lol:

Archived