Catholics: Ash Wednesday Tomorrow

A Faithful Catholic

Philippians 2:14

Do everything without complaining or arguing ..

The Greatest Commandment

34Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

If you allow your neighbor to remain in falsehood by not trying to correct him/her, you are guilty of the Second Greatest Commandment. That Commandment is FROM JESUS HIMSELF.

No, I don't argue, but I try to correct falsehoods, which is loving thy neighbor, the second greatest commandment of Christ. :P

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
The Greatest Commandment

34Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

If you allow your neighbor to remain in falsehood by not trying to correct him/her, you are guilty of the Second Greatest Commandment. That Commandment is FROM JESUS HIMSELF.

No, I don't argue, but I try to correct falsehoods, which is loving thy neighbor, the second greatest commandment of Christ. :P

Ephesians 4

1 .. I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

You are not ordained nor are you qualified to teach. You are just pissing people off .

HE WHO CALLS HIMSELF A TEACHER OR A LEADER AND HAS NO FOLLOWERS IS ONLY TALKING A WALK .................

Ephesians 4

1 .. I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

You are not ordained nor are you qualified to teach. You are just pissing people off .

HE WHO CALLS HIMSELF A TEACHER OR A LEADER AND HAS NO FOLLOWERS IS ONLY TALKING A WALK .................

Don't need to be ordained to spread the Word of God! Don't need a teaching degree to repeat teachings, like fighting abortion which many people approve of. I don't want anyone to follow me, it's not about me! Were have you been?????? I don't need any certificate, to say that heresies are wrong amongst other evils of society. Who are YOU? :blink:

You are not a Christian if you don't try to fight sin and evil.

Guest Guest

how did this one come back. This is like a SAW movie with AFC. He's some director sucking all he can out of his topic and you let him. Shame

Guest Guest

So way reply??? Are you just looking for a fight???/

Deliver us from evil. Don't sit in it and roll in the mud. Go forward - teach us. Just because you are called out doesn't mean you should take up the fight.

So way reply??? Are you just looking for a fight???/

Deliver us from evil. Don't sit in it and roll in the mud. Go forward - teach us. Just because you are called out doesn't mean you should take up the fight.

There is some serious intelligence in this post.....I will fight abortion to the MAX....I see it as the WORST evil of society and Satan is having a ball with it. :angry:

Guest Guest
Don't need to be ordained to spread the Word of God! Don't need a teaching degree to repeat teachings, like fighting abortion which many people approve of. I don't want anyone to follow me, it's not about me! Were have you been?????? I don't need any certificate, to say that heresies are wrong amongst other evils of society. Who are YOU? :blink:

You are not a Christian if you don't try to fight sin and evil.

Ephesians 4-29

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

I don't need to fight anything . The Lord has renewed my mind to trust in him and the holy spirit that dwells within me will fight off the enemy.

The Lord himself is the only one who knows - who's a Christian .

Guest Guest

Tell it - preach it but why does it come across that you beat me with your message? How are you helping me understand? Let it go and go forward not at the same plane as the other. You get caught up in the fight instead of the message.

@

Guest Guest
Ephesians 4-29

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

I don't need to fight anything . The Lord has renewed my mind to trust in him and the holy spirit that dwells within me will fight off the enemy.

The Lord himself is the only one who knows - who's a Christian .

You have spoken the truth with the grace of God and we must forgive this man who is attempting to be a leader.

THE LORD HIMSELF SPOKE THESE WORDS --- FORGIVE THEM THEY NO NOT WHAT THEY DO --

Guest Satan
As much as you are. If people didn't agree with Him he usually turned the other cheek, led by example. You seen to be hell-bent on picking a fight with anyone who has a different point of view then you do.

Jesus didn't cut and paste all the time either!

Can you picture someone asking Him a question and then telling them -- "Wait. Hold on." (He whips out his laptop from beneath his robe and starts typing furiously.) "Yep, yep. Ok. Here it is. Got it. Just had to check my Dad's website. I'm going to send this section over to you now that explains it all. What's your e-mail address?"

Guest Satan
how did this one come back. This is like a SAW movie with AFC. He's some director sucking all he can out of his topic and you let him. Shame

AFC resurrected it. He couldn't help himself.

I'm taking bets as to whether this thread will continue until next year's Ash Wednesday.

Let me know if you want in on it. :lol:

@

Guest Satan
Why can't I go to bed? :D

I don't like Carlo Rossi. The priest does have the power to absolve sins, per Christ's own words!

@

Tsk! Tsk! Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!

You previously stated you preferred Carlo Rossi.

Why, why do you lie, my little chalice?

@

Guest Satan
Anything I say about the Faith and the Lord's Church can be backed up. I don't drink Carlo Rossi. I believe I was mocking a poster and you just took off with it.

@

I read the posts. You were not mocking. You even posted a picture of a bottle of Carlo Rossi. At another time, someone referenced you liking Gallo wine and your response was -- "It's Carlo Rossi. Keep Up."

I am quite befuddled, my little chalice. Why do you lie? Why? Why?

Guest Guest
Jesus didn't cut and paste all the time either!

Can you picture someone asking Him a question and then telling them -- "Wait. Hold on." (He whips out his laptop from beneath his robe and starts typing furiously.) "Yep, yep. Ok. Here it is. Got it. Just had to check my Dad's website. I'm going to send this section over to you now that explains it all. What's your e-mail address?"

;)

Guest SATAN
Take a pill. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice side step.

Some people can't handle the TRUTH and they consider it "hurt"

Just today.

Never knew he said that. Not a big movie fan.

Wouldn't mind a Cuban cigar. It was CARLO ROSSIE, not gallo. Keep up, please

Never watched it. :blink:

Hmmmm......now what does the bold sentence above say....hmmmmm....

It says you have been caught in a lie -- AGAIN!

Guest StopTheMadness
Anything I say about the Faith and the Lord's Church can be backed up. I don't drink Carlo Rossi. I believe I was mocking a poster and you just took off with it.

@

It cannot be "backed up". There are no facts to deal with, only conjecture and supposition. That's why it's called "faith", not "fact".

Archived