Catholics: Ash Wednesday Tomorrow

A Faithful Catholic

Hypocrite my arse. Jesus Loves me. I'm going to heaven. Let me guess Kermit..you're agnostic right? Maybe the spacemen will come down and take you away to planet zethon or something. Go read Revelations. When the dead walk the earth, I'll be one of those going straight to the pearly gates..As far as the golden rule goes, we'd let you into my church..probably as a human sacrifice, but we'd still let you in.

I am not agnostic, in fact I was in church this morning. Were you? I have a problem with the way the Catholics bully the other Christian religions, and take it upon themselves to determine who is going to Hell. It's not Christian like behavior.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not agnostic, in fact I was in church this morning. Were you? I have a problem with the way the Catholics bully the other Christian religions, and take it upon themselves to determine who is going to Hell. It's not Christian like behavior.

The CC never said anyone was going to hell. Get it right. Your religion is NOT WHAT THE APOSTLES PREACHED! How many times do you need to be told that? Symbolic Eucharist? Are you kidding me? No confession? What????????? Sola fide and scriptura, and Once saved, always saved heresies have damaged many souls, unfortunately! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

There is only ONE TRUTH and ONE CHURCH, not the many!

The CC never said anyone was going to hell. Get it right. Your religion is NOT WHAT THE APOSTLES PREACHED! How many times do you need to be told that? Symbolic Eucharist? Are you kidding me? No confession? What????????? Sola fide and scriptura, and Once saved, always saved heresies have damaged many souls, unfortunately! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

There is only ONE TRUTH and ONE CHURCH, not the many!

I was referring to the guest a couple of posts ago who made a statement about going to Hell. Quite frankly if by your theory Heaven will only consist of Catholics, I'd rather be in Hell.

I was referring to the guest a couple of posts ago who made a statement about going to Hell. Quite frankly if by your theory Heaven will only consist of Catholics, I'd rather be in Hell.

The Lord tells us that we are not to judge souls, so I don't. The Catholic Church has the FULLNESS of the truth. It has never taken anything away as most heretic churches have, in one form or another. That being said, how much of that fullness you can take away and still retain salvation, I can't answer. The further you get away from the Catholic Church, the less likely salvation becomes. Understand that.

Guest JESUSLOVESME

You better believe I was in Church today..and yesterday and the day before and so on..I go EVERYDAY..do you? I pray for the souls of agnostics like you who can't seem to GET the fact that there are advantages to being Catholic. Like..GETTING INTO HEAVEN. Face it. You're doomed. I'll be at the pearly gates with AFC and Uncle Geo and you'll be burning in the eternal hell fires for your sin of disbelief. I will pray for you. And I will pray hard. You'd better bring some pretty strong sunblock. I hear it's pretty hot down there.

ll

You better believe I was in Church today..and yesterday and the day before and so on..I go EVERYDAY..do you? I pray for the souls of agnostics like you who can't seem to GET the fact that there are advantages to being Catholic. Like..GETTING INTO HEAVEN. Face it. You're doomed. I'll be at the pearly gates with AFC and Uncle Geo and you'll be burning in the eternal hell fires for your sin of disbelief. I will pray for you. And I will pray hard. You'd better bring some pretty strong sunblock. I hear it's pretty hot down there.

ll

I am NOT agnostic.

I am NOT a disbeliever.

I just happen to not be Catholic.

Please don't pray for me, I don't need prayers from you.

Guest JESUSLOVESME
I am NOT agnostic.

I am NOT a disbeliever.

I just happen to not be Catholic.

Please don't pray for me, I don't need prayers from you.

You seem to be missing the point here....If you are not Catholic, then you are a heretic prot. And they need ALL the help they can get.

I'll still pray for you.

Guest JESUSLOVESME
Whatever.

WOW..sweet comeback. Now I bet you're reading that heretic manual Sinners of An Angry God trying to find some witty mind boggling statement to enlighten me with. You agnostics are all the same..

Jon, I guess I just can't get past these two points:

You and others are upset with AFC because he doesn't present himself or his beliefs in a manner which doesn't offend you

More forthrightly: he does present in a manner which does offend. In a reluctant sort of way you seem to admit that obliquely, but stop short of condemning it. Are you advocating that Civility is too much to ask?

Neither you nor anyone else has managed to refute the teachings of the Church that AFC quotes.

It's not the Merit or otherwise of the Catholic Church's teachings that mutes responses here. By definition, that which can't even be discussed can't be refuted. A Faithful Catholic exploits every trick in the book to in effect FORBID DISCUSSION worthy of such description. Uncle Geo, you skate straight over the top of what I showed the respect to explain to you. By doing that don't you compound tactics cultivated by A Faithful Catholic?

There have been many statements of disbelief but not one instance of proof that he is wrong ... Only wails that he's not being nice.

There are resounding Proofs that much of what A Faithful Catholic conveys is wrong not only in his words but also wrong at source. Just because such proofs are not always paraded here does not mean that they don't exist. "Absence of Proof is not Proof of absence". Unwelcome proof will always be scorned by a Fanatic and stripped of its rightful description as a Proof. Are you yourself not starting to take advantage of the way A Faithful Catholic prevents discussion of substance to imply that none exists?

His posting manner may not be the most civil but that doesn't have any effect on the truths he states.

Always the master of understatement, Uncle Geo. A Faithful Catholic has left nothing less than a trail of offense and closed ears ... nothing to do with the merit of what he says ... but everything to do with the way he says it. If you persist in downplaying the impact of that mechanism then are you any more credible than he is?

Guest Knight of Darkness
WOW..sweet comeback. Now I bet you're reading that heretic manual Sinners of An Angry God trying to find some witty mind boggling statement to enlighten me with. You agnostics are all the same..

5.gif

the catholic church IS the CHOSEN RELIGION. You're just jealous that you aren't a part of it.

How much sense does this make? Is the Catholic Church so hard to get into? Is it something that droves of people strive to be accepted into but only a privileged few are accepted and the rest are forcibly excluded, hammering and pleading at the door? I would have thought that the Catholic Church would welcome newcomers with open arms ... if more would come.

It must therefore follow that those who could easily become Catholics but choose not to are right where they want to be. Where is there any cause for them to be at all "jealous that they're not part of' the Catholic Church"? They see nothing there to attract them. They have the choice, and they have chosen of their own free will.

More forthrightly: he does present in a manner which does offend. In a reluctant sort of way you seem to admit that obliquely, but stop short of condemning it. Are you advocating that Civility is too much to ask? Jon, you should know by now that I don't condemn anyone, and frankly, I'm a bit surprised that you'd suggest it. As for civility in conversation ... ask for it, expect it, demand it .... but try not to let the lack of it affect your understanding of the message. That is a hard plea to fulfill, I know.

It's not the Merit or otherwise of the Catholic Church's teachings that mutes responses here. By definition, that which can't even be discussed can't be refuted. A Faithful Catholic exploits every trick in the book to in effect FORBID DISCUSSION worthy of such description. Uncle Geo, you skate straight over the top of what I showed the respect to explain to you. By doing that don't you compound tactics cultivated by A Faithful Catholic? I honestly don't see that happening. If a person makes a statement AFC disagrees with he supports his contentions with solid references. That doesn't mean that discussion is forbidden, that means that the other person just cannot refute what he is saying and refuses to continue discussion.

There are resounding Proofs that much of what A Faithful Catholic conveys is wrong not only in his words but also wrong at source. Just because such proofs are not always paraded here does not mean that they don't exist. "Absence of Proof is not Proof of absence". Unwelcome proof will always be scorned by a Fanatic and stripped of its rightful description as a Proof. Are you yourself not starting to take advantage of the way A Faithful Catholic prevents discussion of substance to imply that none exists? Jon, you complain that AFC's tactics "forbid discussion" but here you imply that it's not necessary to present proofs refuting his beliefs because he may give you an argument? Come on Jon, if you have proof that the teachings of the Catholic Church are wrong bring them into the light and present them so that all might benefit. If there is to be an argument let's get it out into the open and not beat about the bush with innuendos.

Always the master of understatement, Uncle Geo. A Faithful Catholic has left nothing less than a trail of offense and closed ears ... nothing to do with the merit of what he says ... but everything to do with the way he says it. If you persist in downplaying the impact of that mechanism then are you any more credible than he is? I agree with you completely ... AFC's tactics have offended some and definitely closed their ears to the point that they refuse to acknowledge the value of his message ... but that's their problem if they can't see past the presentation and accept the statement. As for my credibility ... you know that I accept totally the teachings of the Catholic Church .... the manner in which they are presented has no impact on their validity.

Guest Guest
You sound as if you are surprised that AFC considers non-Catholics to be heretics. Read the following please:

Main Entry:

her·e·tic Listen to the pronunciation of heretic

Pronunciation:

\ˈher-ə-ˌtik, ˈhe-rə-\

Function:

noun

Date:

14th century

1: a dissenter from established religious dogma; especially : a baptized member of the Roman Catholic Church who disavows a revealed truth 2: one who dissents from an accepted belief or doctrine : nonconformist

That is the dictionary definition of a heretic ... Do people of other Christian denominations fit the bill or not? The very word Protestant confirms the fact that they are dissenters. There were no Protestant denominations until Luther dissented in 1517. After that the smorgasbord of beliefs began with non-Catholic churches picking and choosing what parts of Catholic doctrine to believe in and what to dispose of.

I think he has explained time after time how the words of Christ support his position. His method may be irksome and upsetting to some but that doesn't make him wrong.

AFC: Who are the Heretics?????

All Protestants??? = Heretics Prot??? - Are they Heretics??

Russian Orthodox - Are they Heretics??

Greek Orthodox - Are they Heretics??

Amish - Are they Heretics??

Quakers - Are they Heretics??

Mormons - Are they Heretics??

Menonites - Are they Heretics??

Jehova Witnesses - Are they Heretics??

Guest Guest
You seem to be missing the point here....If you are not Catholic, then you are a heretic prot. And they need ALL the help they can get.

I'll still pray for you.

I will pray for you papists.

More forthrightly: he does present in a manner which does offend. In a reluctant sort of way you seem to admit that obliquely, but stop short of condemning it. Are you advocating that Civility is too much to ask?
Jon, you should know by now that I don't condemn anyone, and frankly, I'm a bit surprised that you'd suggest it.

And frankly I'm a bit surprised that you suggest that I'd suggest it. Wouldn't a more correct reading of my words recognize them as an observation of fact? On rare occasions that it might be necessary to 'read between the lines' of what I write, that too is a fact that I am up-front about at the time. This was not one of those occasions.

As for civility in conversation ... ask for it, expect it, demand it .... but try not to let the lack of it affect your understanding of the message. That is a hard plea to fulfill, I know.

Aren't you jumping to conclusions, Uncle Geo? I still do understand the message. So do others. Whether we find it acceptable is another matter.

Are you giving due credit for past forbearances? I and others set out three months ago that I know of to "not let A Faithful Catholic's lack of civility affect our understanding of his message". We succeeded.

A Faithful Catholic has won a resounding 'victory' in affecting our acceptance of his message with his lack of civility. Therein lies the obstacle. Perhaps those are distinctions you might like to consider.

It's not the Merit or otherwise of the Catholic Church's teachings that mutes responses here. By definition, that which can't even be discussed can't be refuted. A Faithful Catholic exploits every trick in the book to in effect FORBID DISCUSSION worthy of such description. Uncle Geo, you skate straight over the top of what I showed the respect to explain to you. By doing that don't you compound tactics cultivated by A Faithful Catholic?
I honestly don't see that happening.

I honestly do see that happening.

No response to the principles espoused in the Milkmaid hypothesis? Metaphorically speaking, are you suggesting that the Farmhands had the right idea? Would you urge them on? Wouldn't that would be tantamount to compounding that farmyard impasse?

If a person makes a statement AFC disagrees with he supports his contentions with solid references. That doesn't mean that discussion is forbidden, that means that the other person just cannot refute what he is saying and refuses to continue discussion.

What are 'solid' references, Uncle Geo? Rote quotes? Resorted to mechanically and exclusively, are they any worthy substitute for honest thought? In the absence of willingness to examine and discuss issues honestly, aren't 'Quote-alanches' merely a security blanket under which to hide one's insecurity from discussion?

To draw an analogy: which is more honorable, an original mural or one that is rendered by 'Painting-by-numbers'?

Jon, you complain that AFC's tactics "forbid discussion" but here you imply that it's not necessary to present proofs refuting his beliefs because he may give you an argument?

That's absurd. I implied no such thing and you do me an injustice to imply that I did. Of course it's necessary to present proofs to refute! Shouldn't the real question be: who in their right mind would go to the time and effort it takes to do so when dealing with an individual whose mind they have come to realize is locked solid full of non-negotiables as he sees them? Would a year more of that would see any progress whatsoever? Are literally all challenges worth the effort?

Come on Jon, if you have proof that the teachings of the Catholic Church are wrong bring them into the light and present them so that all might benefit. If there is to be an argument let's get it out into the open and not beat about the bush with innuendos.

See above.

I agree with you completely ... AFC's tactics have offended some and definitely closed their ears to the point that they refuse to acknowledge the value of his message ... but that's their problem if they can't see past the presentation and accept the statement.

Can't? Or won't? You're right. It's not their problem. Not any more. They've seen to that, and not without reason.

As for my credibility ... you know that I accept totally the teachings of the Catholic Church .... the manner in which they are presented has no impact on their validity.

Are you defending the effectiveness of kicking over beehives? 'Validity' is getting a bit lost in the aftermath of that, don't you think?

AFC: Who are the Heretics?????

All Protestants??? = Heretics Prot??? - Are they Heretics??

Sure are. At least their original generation churches were and they flowed from them. Their doctrines DO NOT match up to what the Apostles taught.

Russian Orthodox - Are they Heretics??

Greek Orthodox - Are they Heretics??

Nope. They had a problem with St. Peter, which they have changed their minds on last year and ADMITTED their mistake. RIGHTFULLY SO. All their sacraments and their Divine Liturgy are VALID as well as their other Great Liturgies.

Valid Holy Orders = Valid Holy Priesthood

Some heretical churches claim they have a valid priesthood, but in actuality don't. They have altered it and lost it's originality. They have not preserved the original one.

Amish - Are they Heretics??

Quakers - Are they Heretics??

If they claim they are the ORIGINAL CHURCH that came from the Apostles, they are.

Jehova Witnesses - Are they Heretics??

WORSE. They are not even CHRISTIAN!

Menonites - Are they Heretics??

Yes.

I'll make your day ... from what little I know of their beliefs I'd have to agree.

But "WORSE" is a value-statement ... whose?

And: "WORSE"... than what?

I'll make your day ... from what little I know of their beliefs I'd have to agree.

They do not believe in the TRIUNE Godhead and question the DIVINITY of Jesus Christ. :blink:

But "WORSE" is a value-statement ... whose?

MINE.

And: "WORSE"... than what?

The heretical churches of the "reformation" because they believe in the TRIUNE Godhead.

If there is to be an argument let's get it out into the open and not beat about the bush with innuendos.

I'm not going to comment yet, in case this turns out to be an innuendo-innuendo. (LOL)

As you may have deduced by now, I take nothing for granted.

So that I understand what you are referring to, can you provide a specific example/s?

Guest Guest
First it was "an accident". (deceit)

Then when that was discredited you switched to claiming it is "shorthand". (deceit)

Then when that was discredited you switched to long and florid rants on what dreadful people Protestants are ( purportedly to 'justify' your use of that abusive term). (deceit)

Now you claim it is a "kindness". How deeply touching.

Your spellbound audience can't wait to see what your next excuse will be for continuing to turn them right away from your message with a cheap insult.

;)

Guest Guest
Yes. And if the Boston Strangler quoted biblical passages as he strangled his victims, we could only hope they were able to see past his style and receive his message before they died. :blink:

:lol:

Guest Satan

Look at me

I'm AFC

Lousy with my virginity

Won't go to bed

Even though I am wed

I can't

I'm AFC!

Watch it, hey, listen to what I say

I know exactly how to pray

I like to drink, a little Carlo Rossi