Soccer Season So Far Thoughts

Guest guest

okay jc is not going to beat owego the next time, owego got their loses out of the way early in the season and have won 6 straight. JC beat them in ot the 3rd game of the season woopty DELETED do not to mention owego without 2 key players. JC defense is to shakey and will not be able to hold off owego in ofa although it shall still be a good game i just think owego will walk away with the victory.

agree/disagree?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can tell when punk-DELETED kids jump a decent discussion about high scool soccer. Let me list Owego's last wins-Oneonta, SV, Whitney point ,Elmira SS , the 2 Chenangos-Valley and Forks and Windsor. Oneonta and SV are the only wins that you have to work for. The rest of those I am sure the second string played most of the game. Good luck with Ithaca you might need it. You won't beat ME or JC the next time around-sorry-drop me a few more F-bombs, I will be impressed.

he hurt is rib and can barely move ....

and who said he was the best in the state lol ???ONE of the best in the section maybe

and he has 3 other defenders that cant do anything

what happen to marcus by the way i heard he was the best defender in the state i saw the game and he is awful and talks alot of DELETED he cant back up

he didnt play defense that game he was moved up to midfield to try to help score, didnt really work out though...

and who said he was the best in the state lol ???ONE of the best in the section maybe

This isn't even true. He might be one of the best defenders in Central/East, but not in the section overall. That's crazy. From what i've seen, the best defender in STAC would have to be the McGinnis kid from EFA. He made all-conference as a junior last season.

This isn't even true. He might be one of the best defenders in Central/East, but not in the section overall. That's crazy. From what i've seen, the best defender in STAC would have to be the McGinnis kid from EFA. He made all-conference as a junior last season.

decent defender but poor attitude. thinks he is better than he is when he is not. efa attitudes reflection of coach.

McGinnis is a good player. But wasn't there a defender from JC who received All-Conference honors last year as a junior also? I believe he plays in the midfield this year

sean coots

he does play the midfield this year

last year he was part of the defense,the much maligned(at least on here)defense

i still think the defense is one of the strongest parts of jc's team,as last year

@

Not terribly surprised. Oneonta is a good program with an excellent Keeper and an offense that is starting to click.

STAC POWER RANKINGS

1. VESTAL

2. JC

3. SV

4. ME

5. ONEONTA/OWEGO

IMO ...

Not terribly surprised. Oneonta is a good program with an excellent Keeper and an offense that is starting to click.

STAC POWER RANKINGS

1. VESTAL

2. JC

3. SV

4. ME

5. ONEONTA/OWEGO

IMO ...

No way...

1. Vestal

2. Ithaca

That's it...

SV, ME, JC, Owego, Oneonta, EFA, and U-E all seem to be at the same level.

Vestal was dominant last year - not this year - but still on top (for now). We'll see where they stand after the STAC playoffs.

Ithaca is decent - but a cut below - maybe make it a 3-way tie for the #5 spot.

I understand that SV outshot and outplayed them in a 1-1 tie that was called early in the second half due to an electrical failure (no lights - game called).

Both UE & Ithaca lost to a 4-6 Binghamton team as well .

What else you got ?

STAC POWER RANKINGS

1. VESTAL

2. JC

3. SV

4. ME

5. ONEONTA/OWEGO

IMO ...

Funny how everyone has Vestal beating JC when they tied us 0-0 in a scrimmage. In a real game we would have beat Vestal and everyone that attended the game would agree. Vestal just isn't as great as they were last year-not even close. Owego is heading in the other direction and ME has shown they can lose but not without giving up. If you don't agree than explain why SV can take them apart7-1, but ME beats JC in overtime and JC beat SV 3-0.We will see in the next 2 weeks and all the Vestal is great talk will stop like it has for football.

Funny how everyone has Vestal beating JC when they tied us 0-0 in a scrimmage. In a real game we would have beat Vestal and everyone that attended the game would agree. Vestal just isn't as great as they were last year-not even close. Owego is heading in the other direction and ME has shown they can lose but not without giving up. If you don't agree than explain why SV can take them apart7-1, but ME beats JC in overtime and JC beat SV 3-0.We will see in the next 2 weeks and all the Vestal is great talk will stop like it has for football.

There was this same talk last year. JC & Vestal scrimmaged very even last year...but it is only a scrimmage. JC was talking crap leading up to the STAC playoffs and they got spanked in the finals by Vestal. JC won't even make the finals this year

Yeah the game was at 7. ME-5 O-2. Good game, M-E lost a defender due to a yellow card with about five minutes left. Oneonta put one in, then there was an own goal on M-E. Still a very good game.

Both UE & Ithaca lost to a 4-6 Binghamton team as well .

They are now 5-6 and look at Binghamton's 6 losses:

Vestal

Vestal

U-E

Ithaca

EFA

Corning

With the exception of Corning, those aren't bad losses at all. Then again, look at their wins:

Ithaca

U-E

EFA

Corning

Southside

Three of those are quality wins. If they were in the East or Central, their record would be over .500!!

Archived