Soccer Season So Far Thoughts

Guest guest

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wagstaff is a decent HS keeper and nothing more at best....technically very flawed....slow on feet (conditioning is poor), lands on belly on his dives and mishandles balls reguarly....all things keeper coaches at the next level look at.

He isn't even in the same breath as the keepers being comapred to Hayen, Spadine, Economo....the Kid from U-E is better also.

Thats a total lie. He is very quick for his size. He comes out and gets any corner or free kick taking. And his condition is good he plays varsity soccer and basketball and starts on both. And he is the perfect size for a goalie. And he is not afraid to dive for a ball. Should go D1.

Thats a total lie. He is very quick for his size. He comes out and gets any corner or free kick taking. And his condition is good he plays varsity soccer and basketball and starts on both. And he is the perfect size for a goalie. And he is not afraid to dive for a ball. Should go D1.

This may be the most absurd post to date...

then you guys are gonna start to lose soon. hes an idiot and will make everyone on the team act like an idiot

start to lose soon? he's been captain all year

Stop with the "2 goals allowed all year" crap. He gave up 3 in the one loss and how many more in the other? LOL Do we "forget" the goals and losses just because they were non-league games? Noooooooo Check the State rankings ........ 11-2 folks and #10

Guest ONYEWU
Stop with the "2 goals allowed all year" crap. He gave up 3 in the one loss and how many more in the other? LOL Do we "forget" the goals and losses just because they were non-league games? Noooooooo Check the State rankings ........ 11-2 folks and #10

ummmm.. ya pretty much. They dont count in STAC..

I don't understand why people have to keep bashing Vestal and it's players. Mike Economou is a great goalie and the defense around him is great as well, all 4 of them. This is why 12 shutouts has been possible. The midfield has controlled every STAC game thus far and the offense has scored enough goals to bring Vestal to a 13-0 STAC season so far. I don't understand why people have to keep saying bad things about Vestal, they've given people nothing to criticize and have played great all season. Why not let the team enjoy their record and success and avoid bashing every player possible because obviously the team must be good in order to have had such a successful season thus far.

I don't understand why people have to keep bashing Vestal and it's players. Mike Economou is a great goalie and the defense around him is great as well, all 4 of them. This is why 12 shutouts has been possible. The midfield has controlled every STAC game thus far and the offense has scored enough goals to bring Vestal to a 13-0 STAC season so far. I don't understand why people have to keep saying bad things about Vestal, they've given people nothing to criticize and have played great all season. Why not let the team enjoy their record and success and avoid bashing every player possible because obviously the team must be good in order to have had such a successful season thus far.

Mike Econ is a good goalie in my book when he doesn't let up 40 yard rippers, and he makes saves without a stonewall defense in front of him. A 5'6" goalie would get torn apart without a defense.

economou sucks, decent defense, horrible midfield, good strikers. decent team in a horrible stac this year. out of section they will lose like the hof tourney

You are confusing good HS athlete for a D1 keeper at the next and best level....nobody is saying the lad stinks. But if you think he is of that claiber, he is not. Size is good, but with that he needs to be much fitter (D1 Keepers are ridicously fit), quicker with feet and hands, with much better technique and clean up his handle on shots.

At the HS level all are good not great....at the next level, potential may be there but a lot of hard work needs to be done and playing at a much higher level also is needed, getting used to seeing a faster game, with better play and quicker decisions.

Not knocking just stating where he is at on the bigger canvas you talking about.

You are confusing good HS athlete for a D1 keeper at the next and best level....nobody is saying the lad stinks. But if you think he is of that claiber, he is not. Size is good, but with that he needs to be much fitter (D1 Keepers are ridicously fit), quicker with feet and hands, with much better technique and clean up his handle on shots.

At the HS level all are good not great....at the next level, potential may be there but a lot of hard work needs to be done and playing at a much higher level also is needed, getting used to seeing a faster game, with better play and quicker decisions.

Not knocking just stating where he is at on the bigger canvas you talking about.

Excellent post. The kid is a pretty good HS keeper; however, he's not anywhere near division I caliber.

I agree. Great post. And Economou is one of the better goalies in the section, you cannot seriously deny that fact. But I do think that he will be an asset to a D3 team. His decision-making and technical skills are better than most goalies and allows him to make up for his smaller size. I think if he is 6'0" or larger he is surely a D1 prospect, but since he is not, he will not be looked at by a D1 program.

And I prefer would him to Spadine or Wagstaff, even with the temper. But that is something he must work on, that much is glaringly obvious. But good technical goalie - I say 2nd in STAC.

I agree. Great post. And Economou is one of the better goalies in the section, you cannot seriously deny that fact. But I do think that he will be an asset to a D3 team. His decision-making and technical skills are better than most goalies and allows him to make up for his smaller size. I think if he is 6'0" or larger he is surely a D1 prospect, but since he is not, he will not be looked at by a D1 program.

And I prefer would him to Spadine or Wagstaff, even with the temper. But that is something he must work on, that much is glaringly obvious. But good technical goalie - I say 2nd in STAC.

True about Mike....I don't like all the "bashing" of the kids on here, but I do like good convo....they all have strength and weaknesses.

I am trying to be objective, I agree Mike has good technique and is a sound keeper and will make a good D3 Keep as well....Spadine is of the same tools and abilities....he doesn't play the ball well with his feet however and needs to be cleaner with his hands, but all and all does a really nice job and has decent size with very good quickness.

SV was crazed. They beat Seton 8-0 and still kept taking cheap shots. Score speaks for itself. Police were called to help the Seton team off the field when the SV fans went nuts (senior night and lots of SV folks in attendance).

Archived