Day of Silence

Guest Guest

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You scared, terrifed, and ill informed person. Chances are you are a woman but if not...even worse.

Stop the fear, which leads to hate, and focus on the fact that people are recognizing they have a voice and will no longer be forced to live in hiding.

It is terrifying to know that there is such anger and hate breeding in our community. If you don't like something, then do not participate but keep the scare tactics to yourself please.

Let me guess...high school education?

I wouldn't give them that much educational credit.......

Guest Guest

Why do people seem to think that it somehow takes away from the other horrors of this world to highlight one?

Are there other issues in the world other than intolerance for gays? Sure there are. Nobody is saying it is OK to kill Christians (of which I am one), or murders by gang members....a day of silence to bring the nee for tolerance toward gays to light is not saying other issues are less important.

Guest Straight
What's the "very technical subject?" You are a liar and a troll, with no degree and nothing better to do.

Go get your shinebox.

Physics, you fudgepacker.

I am not sure what Bible you are reading, but I actually hold a degree in Biblical studies, and no where in the Bible does it mention homosexual lifestyles. I will agree that some churches have taken parts of the bible out of context and out of educated interpretation to make it say what they want, but if you have taken even an intro class to biblical history you will know that your argument has holes the size of a greyhound bus in it. Oh and remember the bible does say something about getting the log out your own eye before you take a speck of dust out of anothers eye......when you are perfect then come back and talk...until then worry about your own life.

What school did you attend and how could they be so ignorant to allow you to receive a degree? If you really do have a degree in Bible studies you would know that the towns of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of their wicked behavior including homosexual behavior. You have also been shown passages from other books of the Bible about men laying with men and such. I just thank God that you are not a minister and if you somehow were I would not want to attend your church.

Guest Anti-Sodomite

Here's a recent news report from the Sunshine State:

....Fort Lauderdale, known for being one of the most gay-friendly communities in the country, has had an increasing number of violent acts committed against members of the gay community in the past year.

That coupled with controversial comments from long-time Fort Lauderdale Mayor Jim Naugle. He said the city should buy a $250,000 self-cleaning, locking toilet to stop men from having sex in public restrooms at the beach. He voted against the Stonewall Library. And he made comments linking gay tourism to Broward County's AIDS problem. The county has one of the highest HIV/AIDS rates in the country.

Naugle was kicked off Broward County's tourism development council bycommissioners soon after.

A spokeswoman for The Greater Fort Lauderdale Visitors and Convention Bureau said 950,000 gay tourists visited in 2006, spending $1.2 billion. That's about a tenth of all tourists and an eighth of all tourism dollars that were pumped into the city. Numbers for 2007 were not available.

Despite Naugle's comments and the subsequent protests, the gay magazine Out Traveler named Fort Lauderdale America's favorite resort town.

But lately there have been the violent overshadows: Just last week, a 17-year-old boy [boy? it was a faggot nigteen] was murdered at the corner of Sistrunk Boulevard and 10th Avenue. He was wearing women's clothes.

''All of a sudden it has become more of a problem than all of the years I've lived here. Friends of mine have had incidents,'' Mart said. ``I feel less safe than ever before.''

The good people of Bingo should start this kind of treatment of the sodomites living around here. All these Aids carriers should be lynched.

Speaking of anal sex, its not natural and you know it, sure it's done, again its not the natural way life was intended for procreation.. Homosexual lifestyle because of the only way it can be done is a death sentence which you can't deny due to the promiscuity that goes with it.

It is not something that should be accepted as normal and brought into schools of learning. Teachings of tolerance is one thing,having our own opinions shoud never be denied, that is what movements such as this are trying to do, force feed.

The answer that is the only one that makes sense is in any beginning of your belief two of the same would have ended life as we know it.

What school did you attend and how could they be so ignorant to allow you to receive a degree? If you really do have a degree in Bible studies you would know that the towns of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of their wicked behavior including homosexual behavior. You have also been shown passages from other books of the Bible about men laying with men and such. I just thank God that you are not a minister and if you somehow were I would not want to attend your church.

Sorry you are wrong....sodom was destroyed because of their treatment of travelers.....they would not welcome them into the city....at that time in history...it was important to welcome and give shelter and food to travlers because there was no other options for them.....sodom was destroyed not because of homosexual actions, but because they were not welcoming......sound familiar at all??? And by the way this is not just my opinion...most of mainline Christianity understands and accepts this teaching....and i am glad you dont worship at my church....but if you did you would also be welcomed....we are a very open place where all people are welcome to explore their faith.

Here's a recent news report from the Sunshine State:

....Fort Lauderdale, known for being one of the most gay-friendly communities in the country, has had an increasing number of violent acts committed against members of the gay community in the past year.

That coupled with controversial comments from long-time Fort Lauderdale Mayor Jim Naugle. He said the city should buy a $250,000 self-cleaning, locking toilet to stop men from having sex in public restrooms at the beach. He voted against the Stonewall Library. And he made comments linking gay tourism to Broward County's AIDS problem. The county has one of the highest HIV/AIDS rates in the country.

Naugle was kicked off Broward County's tourism development council bycommissioners soon after.

A spokeswoman for The Greater Fort Lauderdale Visitors and Convention Bureau said 950,000 gay tourists visited in 2006, spending $1.2 billion. That's about a tenth of all tourists and an eighth of all tourism dollars that were pumped into the city. Numbers for 2007 were not available.

Despite Naugle's comments and the subsequent protests, the gay magazine Out Traveler named Fort Lauderdale America's favorite resort town.

But lately there have been the violent overshadows: Just last week, a 17-year-old boy [boy? it was a faggot nigteen] was murdered at the corner of Sistrunk Boulevard and 10th Avenue. He was wearing women's clothes.

''All of a sudden it has become more of a problem than all of the years I've lived here. Friends of mine have had incidents,'' Mart said. ``I feel less safe than ever before.''

The good people of Bingo should start this kind of treatment of the sodomites living around here. All these Aids carriers should be lynched.

Troll.

Guest Guest
I love your comparison of kids getting murdered here in the US to what people do halfway around the world.

What does our Justice system and penal laws have to do with semi-civilized, illiterate half breeds on the other side of the planet?

What do our justice system and penal laws have to do with GAY DAY AT SCHOOL????

Absolutely NOTHING, so keep it out of the schools!!!- Our students have fallen behind at every level and you want them to take time away from their education to mourn the death of a gay kid that most of them never knew? What about all the straight kids that get murdered every year? What about the babies that teenage mothers have in the bathroom at prom and murder them? Have them do their mourning on the weekend, when those that care can come, and those that dont arent forced to participate in something that means nothing to the majority of the population.

Troll.

I guess when you present facts Gay, I mean Guy, you are a troll. One thing Gay, I mean Guy, is one can be tolerant and one can be forced to be tolerant. This gay day at our schools is nothing but forced tolerance just like the gay flag raising, the gay month of June and the gay parade, forced tolerance.

It has been proven and and it is fact that AIDS is prevalent in the gay community and through perverts who feel they can plug any hole they want, they have spread this deadly disease into the heterosexual community. Thanks perverts! Forcing this perverted tolerance on our children is not only irresponsible but borderline criminal. If I had children in a school promoting perverted sex, I would withdraw my child from the school and demand my child or children be placed in another school that doesn't go along with this political correct way of thinking, Gay!

Guest Guest
Speaking of anal sex, its not natural and you know it, sure it's done, again its not the natural way life was intended for procreation.. Homosexual lifestyle because of the only way it can be done is a death sentence which you can't deny due to the promiscuity that goes with it.

It is not something that should be accepted as normal and brought into schools of learning. Teachings of tolerance is one thing,having our own opinions shoud never be denied, that is what movements such as this are trying to do, force feed.

The answer that is the only one that makes sense is in any beginning of your belief two of the same would have ended life as we know it.

WOW! You are once strange whacked out dude!

Remembering Lawrence King an 8th grader who was murdered in CA is a worthy thing. This was the genesis for the observation that will take place on 4/25/08. Nothing about recognizing that young people who are gay have to deal with castigation is promoting a gay lifestyle. it merely recognizes facts.

Thats funny... whacked dude. When you have nothing else to add when you're hit with the truth you come up with such a stupid thing to say.

Go Gay Guy, and bother us not when you need medical attention for Aids which falls on the taxpayers, yeah funny huh? A lifestyle of abnormal connection to another being needs the constant push for acceptance, now that wouldn't be necessary if it were normal now would it? Leave us alone!

Is tonights activity trolling in bathrooms, yeah you're normal.

Guest Guest
What do our justice system and penal laws have to do with GAY DAY AT SCHOOL????

Absolutely NOTHING, so keep it out of the schools!!!- Our students have fallen behind at every level and you want them to take time away from their education to mourn the death of a gay kid that most of them never knew? What about all the straight kids that get murdered every year? What about the babies that teenage mothers have in the bathroom at prom and murder them? Have them do their mourning on the weekend, when those that care can come, and those that dont arent forced to participate in something that means nothing to the majority of the population.

Exactly. The kids have enough time off from school. First it was "Take your daughter to work day". Why can't you do this during summer, when the kids are pf from school anyway. Now it is this "Day of Silence".

Get lost. School is a place to learn. Kids can learn about the other stuff all they want.

Also, this is an actual quote from the dayofsilence.org page: "This year’s Day of Silence will be held in memory of Lawrence King, who friends say was murdered in a California school February 12 because of his sexual orientation". The bolding is mine. Well, if his friends say it, it must be true.....

Guest Guest
Thats funny... whacked dude. When you have nothing else to add when you're hit with the truth you come up with such a stupid thing to say.

Go Gay Guy, and bother us not when you need medical attention for Aids which falls on the taxpayers, yeah funny huh? A lifestyle of abnormal connection to another being needs the constant push for acceptance, now that wouldn't be necessary if it were normal now would it? Leave us alone!

Is tonights activity trolling in bathrooms, yeah you're normal.

You have some serious issues pal.

I guess when you present facts Gay, I mean Guy, you are a troll. One thing Gay, I mean Guy, is one can be tolerant and one can be forced to be tolerant. This gay day at our schools is nothing but forced tolerance just like the gay flag raising, the gay month of June and the gay parade, forced tolerance.

It has been proven and and it is fact that AIDS is prevalent in the gay community and through perverts who feel they can plug any hole they want, they have spread this deadly disease into the heterosexual community. Thanks perverts! Forcing this perverted tolerance on our children is not only irresponsible but borderline criminal. If I had children in a school promoting perverted sex, I would withdraw my child from the school and demand my child or children be placed in another school that doesn't go along with this political correct way of thinking, Gay!

"It has been proven and and it is fact that AIDS is prevalent in the gay community" - It is also prevalent in the straight community and 3rd World countries, did the gays do extensive travelling???. And if you had children in school, I would hope they would be given the chance to be open minded, instead of being frightened and weak-willed like their feeble-minded "father." Oh, great play on the Guy/Gay thing! Did you think of that yourself, or did you and your braintrust put your collective heads together?

Archived