Day of Silence

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
I am not sure what Bible you are reading, but I actually hold a degree in Biblical studies, and no where in the Bible does it mention homosexual lifestyles. I will agree that some churches have taken parts of the bible out of context and out of educated interpretation to make it say what they want, but if you have taken even an intro class to biblical history you will know that your argument has holes the size of a greyhound bus in it. Oh and remember the bible does say something about getting the log out your own eye before you take a speck of dust out of anothers eye......when you are perfect then come back and talk...until then worry about your own life.

How about this Bible:

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 18:29 For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about this Bible:

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 18:29 For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

well then explain why the catholic priests are sexually abusing the young boys and why the hypocrytical baptist men are cheating on their wives and in bars drinking, smoking and dancing but put that 2 faced act on w/ their families/churhes/etc!????

Guest Guest
well then explain why the catholic priests are sexually abusing the young boys and why the hypocrytical baptist men are cheating on their wives and in bars drinking, smoking and dancing but put that 2 faced act on w/ their families/churhes/etc!????

You will have to ask them.

(Romans 3:9 KJV) What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

(Romans 3:10 KJV) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

(John 8:7 KJV) So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Guest Guest

Why is it that all you Christians are so obsessed with sin?

People make mistakes. They do dumb things. They also hurt other people. That's life, that's the nature of humanity.

You spend way too much time preaching to the rest of the world about how to live their lives. Leave us alone, as we do you. If we need your help, we'll ask for it. We don't need nor want you to "save" us. If it comes to that at some point in our lives, we certainly know where to find you. And it's not like Jesus is hiding, either.

I sure wish I could look at life again as nothing more than good vs. evil like I did when I was a child. For many of us, it's just not that simple. There's too many shades of gray, too many variations and subtlties to life for us to be able to simplify it to good vs. evil.

Guest Reborn

People make mistakes. They do dumb things. They also hurt other people. That's life, that's the nature of humanity.

You spend way too much time preaching to the rest of the world about how to live their lives. Leave us alone, as we do you. If we need your help, we'll ask for it. We don't need nor want you to "save" us. If it comes to that at some point in our lives, we certainly know where to find you. And it's not like Jesus is hiding, either.

I sure wish I could look at life again as nothing more than good vs. evil like I did when I was a child. For many of us, it's just not that simple. There's too many shades of gray, too many variations and subtlties to life for us to be able to simplify it to good vs. evil.

I am what would be called 'reborn' and with that I must agree whole heartedly with the meaning of this post.

How about this Bible:

Well if you take some time to do some social historical research, you will find that at the time these texts were written, the primarly focus was on family lineage and growing a population. The book of Lev was written to help a young society figure out how to deal with day to day problems. At the time, sex was not something you did for "pleasure". You only had sex to reproduce. So even having sex with a woman and pulling out of her before you ejaculate would be considered such a sin that there are times when the text says the man was killed on the spot. So if you really want to take the text and apply it to a modern day world, if you use a condom while having any type of sex, you are sinning, if you pull out, you are sinning, and if you get a blowjob and ejaculate in or on the person, you would be sinning. I am not sure any of use want to or could make the texts of Leviticus apply to our modern day world. Oh and another text in Leviticus says we should stone our kids when they talk back.....have you done that one yet??? or how about the no eating anything with hooved feet.....or how about being stoned for not welcoming anyone who comes to your door....anyone...no matter who they are....anyone! Most people wont do that now a days, but the whole story of Sodom was about not welcoming strangers into your city with open arms........so if you are going to quote bible texts.....at least do some research first....you can not just pick texts out of the bible and say...look it says it right here....it doesnt work that way. Do educated reading, please....because when you dont, you will always hurt innocent people. I am not making these points to just show I am right....I could care less....I am trying to help people understand that real people get hurt when they mis use God and the Bible....think about for a while. Thanks

Guest Guest
How about this Bible:

This Leviticus? Eat a shrimp, go to hell? Why is it you guys can only drag out the parts that seem to justify your homophobia, but neglect all this other good advice? And don't mix fibers in your clothes, either!

11:10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: (11:10-12) Clams, oysters, crabs, lobsters, and shrimp are abomination

11:11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.

11:12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Guest Guest

I am assuming you are gay. I would leave you alone and usually do until your kind try to push your way of life on us normal people. Stop trying to train our children that its "OK" to be gay and that it is NORMAL! Leave us alone, I will leave you alone.

Guest Guest
This Leviticus? Eat a shrimp, go to hell? Why is it you guys can only drag out the parts that seem to justify your homophobia, but neglect all this other good advice? And don't mix fibers in your clothes, either!

11:10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: (11:10-12) Clams, oysters, crabs, lobsters, and shrimp are abomination

11:11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.

11:12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Luke 24:41-43

“He [Jesus] said to them: Do you have any food? And they gave him a piece of BROILED FISH and some HONEY. And HE TOOK IT AND ATE IT in front of them.”

Guest guest

You should be shot.

If your child's school observes the homosexual sponsored "Day of Silence," keep your child at home April 25. DOS is a nationwide push to promote the homosexual lifestyle in public schools. By remaining silent, the intent of the pro-homosexual students is to disrupt the classes while promoting the homosexual lifestyle.

Students are taught that homosexuality is a worthy lifestyle, homosexuality has few or no risks, and individuals are born homosexual and cannot change. Those who oppose such teaching are characterized as ignorant and hateful bigots.

Be sure of the date that DOS is planned for your school. (The national date is April 25, but some schools observe DOS on a different date.)

Inform the school of your intention to keep your child home on that date and explain why.

Explain to your children why you're taking a stand: Homosexual behavior is not an innate identity; it is a sinful, unnatural and destructive behavior. No school should advance a physically, emotionally, and spiritually destructive sexual lifestyle to students.

Here is a link to a partial list of schools that are expected to participate:

http://outbound.afa.net/track?type=click&a...p?articlenum=78

Folks, spread the word about the Day of Silence in schools. This should make you outraged. Protect our kids from unmoral behaviour. Please!

This link will tell you more about their agenda:

http://www.afa.net/homosexual_agenda/

You are quite possibly the stupidest person ever to post on BC Voice. I think we'll have to give you a trophy.

It's funny cause a few years back parents complained about saying "god" in the pledge of allegiance which has been said everyday in schools and now they're telling their children to accept gays but if they said they were gay their parents would go insane. I'm not a religion freak but I believe in god and find it a load of shit when you don't have to say god who's the reason you are here but you have to hear about gays and lesbians. Next the Arabic families will complain about the American flag in clasrooms. Honestly what is going on here?

Guest Guest
People like you should not be allowed to reproduce!

I know you are upset but your boyfriend will comfort you. Who else would object to this except homosexuals who feel threatened. I am not threatening you, I am just trying to stop your kind from corrupting innocent kids.

Guest Guest

No, all that explains is that they do not believe. They will get what is coming to them.

Guest Guest

I find it incredibly ridiculous that there is fighting on this post when the Day of Silence is about TOLERANCE.

Who on here thinks that what they did to the kid in Colorado - leaving him to die strapped to a barbed wire fence is OK? Any hands up out there? I hope to God not.

We can disagree with the sexual orientation, we can believe it is a sin, an abomination OR we can believe it is a viable life choice - but I hope we can ALL agree that bullying, violence, hatred etc etc are wrong - WRONG.

I am a heterosexual long married mother (and NO my kids are NOT gay) as well as a Christian but I disagree 100% with ANYONE thinking they have a right to harass verbally or physically accost someone simply because they are gay.

And puh-leeze with the 'promoting a gay lifestyle'...What????? Do you really think for one second you can 'turn' a person from heterosexual to homosexual by 'glamorizing' a lifestyle????????...oh come ON. That is just toooooo damn stupid for words.

Gwen Stefani is a beautiful women, but she doesn't do it for me....however, George Clooney is HOT.....do you think that promoting a certain style is going to make me think Gwen is HOT and George is just handsome.

Grow up already.

Guest Guest
I find it incredibly ridiculous that there is fighting on this post when the Day of Silence is about TOLERANCE.

Who on here thinks that what they did to the kid in Colorado - leaving him to die strapped to a barbed wire fence is OK? Any hands up out there? I hope to God not.

We can disagree with the sexual orientation, we can believe it is a sin, an abomination OR we can believe it is a viable life choice - but I hope we can ALL agree that bullying, violence, hatred etc etc are wrong - WRONG.

I am a heterosexual long married mother (and NO my kids are NOT gay) as well as a Christian but I disagree 100% with ANYONE thinking they have a right to harass verbally or physically accost someone simply because they are gay.

And puh-leeze with the 'promoting a gay lifestyle'...What????? Do you really think for one second you can 'turn' a person from heterosexual to homosexual by 'glamorizing' a lifestyle????????...oh come ON. That is just toooooo damn stupid for words.

Gwen Stefani is a beautiful women, but she doesn't do it for me....however, George Clooney is HOT.....do you think that promoting a certain style is going to make me think Gwen is HOT and George is just handsome.

Grow up already.

Thank you - my sentiments exactly.

Apparently, there are a lot of sick parents out there who are so homophobic, the thought of teaching tolerance in schools is a horrendous act. It is no surprise that as a result, people end up being murdered simply because of their sexual orientation. The recent murder of Lawrence King, a fifteen-year old, is a perfect case in point. It all starts with conditioning people into believing it is ok to hate, mock, ridicule someone and think of them as less worthy of rights than anyone else. From there, the next step is not so difficult to take, is it? And you parents who are so against your children being taught TOLERANCE are pathetic and share equal blame for the harm and suffering that is done to others as a result.

Guest Guest

There is a difference between "tolerance" and "acceptance".

The schools have been preaching "tolerance" for years..."tolerance" for everything except for traditional values.

Now they want to promote and accept and celebrate perversion...and advance the idea that if you fail to do so...then you're "homophobic."

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....let's point our finger at the evil "homophobes."

Call me a homophobe all you want...I'll wear your label as a badge of honor.

Guest Guest

The schools have been preaching "tolerance" for years..."tolerance" for everything except for traditional values.

Now they want to promote and accept and celebrate perversion...and advance the idea that if you fail to do so...then you're "homophobic."

Well, I just checked the dayofsilence.org and I didn't see anything about promoting perversion. I did see a mention that this year it is dedicated in the memory of the student recently murdered by another student simply because he was gay. GASP! The nerve of people to want to memorialize the student's death! I guess the student who was murdered must have deserved it, after all, schools have been preaching "tolerance" for years and judging by some of the posts here, this was probably just God's appropriate wrath. And, you can see how well the schools and society have done of teaching tolerance by just reviewing the posts of hate by parents on this thread. Yeah, you're right. Everything is just fine.

<_<

Traditional values? It was tradition to beat your wife. It was tradition to own slaves. It was tradition to treat headaches with a good bleeding. Those types of traditional values? And nobody called you a homophobe. A simple-minded and callow individual, but not a homophobe.

Guest Guest

I have no problem with teaching tolerance (although I do not believe it can be taught per se, but rather should be modeled). I have serious issues with selecting a single group to be singled out for tolerance education. What's next? Be nice to long haired people day? Shake the hand of heterosexuals day? Exchange pleasant remarks to tall people day? Take an Italian to lunch day? Send a card to musicians day? As usual our local schools are jumping on the bandwagon for the latest fad.

Early count of participants include:

BINGHAMTON HIGH SCHOOL

HORACE MANN SCHOOL

HORSEHEADS SR HIGH SCHOOL

ITHACA SR HIGH SCHOOL

NEWFIELD HIGH SCHOOL

UNADILLA VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL

Archived