2009 Softball

Guest guest

Guest Guest
true just saying they were cut so there are other better players in stac

lake, stout, kaminsky, osovski, kermidas

Yea griswold wanted to play ponies. She wanted to play for waldron and sinicki, that's why she only went to one day of the raiders tryout and she also was on vacation for the first day of tryouts. So she only showed up one day just to show up she didn't care if she made the raiders

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Yea griswold wanted to play ponies. She wanted to play for waldron and sinicki, that's why she only went to one day of the raiders tryout and she also was on vacation for the first day of tryouts. So she only showed up one day just to show up she didn't care if she made the raiders

WHO CARES.

still not one of the best in section 4 even if she does GIVE HER ALL

Guest Guest
WHO CARES.

still not one of the best in section 4 even if she does GIVE HER ALL

Becca is a great kid - what is your problem with her? Stop bashing on a young girl!

Guest Guest

Becca Grislwold is a great competitor and through diligence and hard work has turned herself into a very good softball player. She is a player to count on to come through in the clutch, as our program has witnessed first hand in the sectional finals. We would love to have her in our program and we have a tremendous amount of respect for her. I would suggest that if you don't have anything good to say about a 16 year old girl that you keep your opinions to yourself, whether you agree with the original post or not.

Becca is a great kid - what is your problem with her? Stop bashing on a young girl!

Guest Guest

QUOTE (Guest @ Mar 17 2009, 09:02 AM)

Becca Grislwold is a great competitor and through diligence and hard work has turned herself into a very good softball player. She is a player to count on to come through in the clutch, as our program has witnessed first hand in the sectional finals. We would love to have her in our program and we have a tremendous amount of respect for her. I would suggest that if you don't have anything good to say about a 16 year old girl that you keep your opinions to yourself, whether you agree with the original post or not.

I WAS defending her by telling the person to stop bashing her!

Guest Guest
QUOTE (Guest @ Mar 17 2009, 09:02 AM)

I WAS defending her by telling the person to stop bashing her!

just saying she isn't THE BEST in section 4 not saying she isn't good or "bashing"

Guest Guest
just saying she isn't THE BEST in section 4 not saying she isn't good or "bashing"

Not only is she the best third basemen in section 4 she is the best third basemen in the state of New York. Batting well over .300 and if u ever saw her play u would know how great she is. Who r u to say who is the best. Big contributor to the Windsor New York State Championship team, also All- Conference I think. She would have been All-State if the committee picked any positions other than Pitchers and Catchers for Class B. She also has a few great schools looking at her to play softball. She is one of the best in Sectin 4, and maybe the rest of this post should be on the TEAMS not pointing out 15,16,17,and 18 year old girls in high school. Seriously get a life.

Guest Guest
youre probably talking about seccord..

oh there are two freshmen and two 8th graders on the varsity

Who is this guy never heard of him

Guest Guest

Dont you think all school sports are too political?People wouldn't even believe the number of good or even great atheletes that quit because of the political bs.should your kids play travel?? does it matter?Its all a power trip for the coaches.how many kids actually get moved up to varsity that dont play travel or are the coaches kid?do our opinions matter?Please explain wise one.

Guest guest
Dont you think all school sports are too political?People wouldn't even believe the number of good or even great atheletes that quit because of the political bs.should your kids play travel?? does it matter?Its all a power trip for the coaches.how many kids actually get moved up to varsity that dont play travel or are the coaches kid?do our opinions matter?Please explain wise one.

Guest guest

There are a few 9th graders that get moved up to Varsity only to sit most of the season. As a parent of a softball player, I would much rather have my daughter play on Jv's and actually play all the time then to be so "honored" as to get picked for Varsity only to ride the bench all year.

Guest Guest
There are a few 9th graders that get moved up to Varsity only to sit most of the season. As a parent of a softball player, I would much rather have my daughter play on Jv's and actually play all the time then to be so "honored" as to get picked for Varsity only to ride the bench all year.

I have another question - kind of relates to the above. If your child is now in 11th grade, has been playing since modified, but really is not good enough to be on Varsity, would you rather they get cut - or make the team and sit the bench?

By now they should be old enough to understand that life is competitive, and yet some parents cant and wont understand and force coaches to keep their kids on the team, under threat of going to admin or school board, etc..

Guest Guest

Here is the problem with that line of thinking. I was a all stac Baseball player in high school and played baseball in college div 2. I also played basketball and fell into the category of good enough to make the team not good enough to get lots of playing time. Our team was very sucessful. I didnt play a whole lot, but was part of the team worked hard to push the first team in practice and to this day am still friends and stay in touch with that group. Playing on that team was great and I would hate to think kids only play who are starters or college bound. Most kids dont go on to play and at the end of the day its about the experience. Dont get me wrong I understand the importance of winning and compitition that come first but you can have both. Us bench sitters need lovin too.

Guest guest
Here is the problem with that line of thinking. I was a all stac Baseball player in high school and played baseball in college div 2. I also played basketball and fell into the category of good enough to make the team not good enough to get lots of playing time. Our team was very sucessful. I didnt play a whole lot, but was part of the team worked hard to push the first team in practice and to this day am still friends and stay in touch with that group. Playing on that team was great and I would hate to think kids only play who are starters or college bound. Most kids dont go on to play and at the end of the day its about the experience. Dont get me wrong I understand the importance of winning and compitition that come first but you can have both. Us bench sitters need lovin too.

Based on this thinking then I ask you this. What if there is a younger player who is a better player than you, but you were on varity last year should you automatically get that spot again even if they are clearly the better player? Secondly, to reply to another post on this topic. A younger athlete should never be "brought up" to JV or Varisty if they are only going to ride the bench. They should only be brought up if they are going to get significant playing time. End of story-no exceptions

Guest Guest
Based on this thinking then I ask you this. What if there is a younger player who is a better player than you, but you were on varity last year should you automatically get that spot again even if they are clearly the better player? Secondly, to reply to another post on this topic. A younger athlete should never be "brought up" to JV or Varisty if they are only going to ride the bench. They should only be brought up if they are going to get significant playing time. End of story-no exceptions

Right, should you make the team just because you are a senior, even if there is a better younger player, like say a Junior, who now does not make the team and can no longer play JV. And especially if that senior does not put in the effort, just there to pass the time? I agree and I wish that were the case (End of Story- no exceptions). Unfortunately, coaches are not free to decide accordingly. They have the pressure/threats from parents and politically motivated AD's and school admin and some just dont have the "balls" to do what needs to be done. Then you end up with a bench with 15 girls. I understand the need to carry two or three extra in the event of injuries, etc...

Guest Guest

so guys... softball! Isnt that what we're supposed to be talking about?

Sv Cv ME are the teams to watch out for. should be the best games. Windsor has a target on their back but also is an underdog after losing so many. I think ultimately cv with kermidas and fox and crew will be facing off kaminsky mullins and wharton in the sectionals. its a toss up who wins that game. just my preaseason analysis

Guest Guest

Sv Cv ME are the teams to watch out for. should be the best games. Windsor has a target on their back but also is an underdog after losing so many. I think ultimately cv with kermidas and fox and crew will be facing off kaminsky mullins and wharton in the sectionals. its a toss up who wins that game. just my preaseason analysis

Agreed - however - fox plays for JC, I think...

Guest Guest
who will be pitching for cv this year?

me with osovski, sv with wharton should have the top pitchers

Wharton can't pitch a whole game sv's pitching will be there downfall. Cv dani koltz has nothing but a little of speed and once u catch that she has nothing either, then they have Hendrixson who has go varsity experience what's so ever. Pitching for cv will also be a problem. Osvoski will be good as usual. Windsor's pitchers are a little young but they have varsity experience just like there whole team, they're technically young but they have a lot of experience.

Guest Guest

Ur analysis mean nothing u better believe that waldron will have his team ready. And for as many as they lost they still have 7 returnees who all continuted to the sucess of the team last year. There haven't been any scrimmages or games so ur so called analysis means nothing u have no backround and u don't know who plays for who.

Guest jadapickett32@yahoo.com
yeahh. binghamton will probably suck. do they even have any one who plays travel ball? their own pitcher doesnt even play travel

Mind your business since you dont know that. Since she and others are not paying these coaches $5000 to play doesnt means shes not playing

Guest jadapickett32@yahoo.com
who will be pitching for cv this year?

me with osovski, sv with wharton should have the top pitchers

Im not from ME and I must say that Osovski is such a lady. She is helpful to others and does her job on the mound. Hats off to her since when its all said and done ITS A GAME!

Archived