2009 Softball

Guest guest

Guest Guest
If Dale wasnt such a hot head he would have girls that are good players play for him. He thinks its about him. Get ur head out of your butt and stop charging people and do it for the right reasons....Maybe you will have girls play for you year to year!!!

You are so wrong, he's the best coach in the area. His record and the girls he gets scholarships for speaks for itself.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest
You are so wrong, he's the best coach in the area. His record and the girls he gets scholarships for speaks for itself.

Binghamton got crushed yesterday against a PA team. The girl that pitched takes lessons from Cook. She was much better then both the Binghamton pitchers. They lost big.

Guest guest

He could be. Do you know how many girls and parents that he has said stuff too that he shouldnt? Those numbers are much higher. Ask the SV parents!

Guest Guest
Binghamton got crushed yesterday against a PA team. The girl that pitched takes lessons from Cook. She was much better then both the Binghamton pitchers. They lost big.

also comparing a senior pitcher likely going d1 to a couple underclassmen pitchers with virtually no varsity pitching experience..

Guest Guest
also comparing a senior pitcher likely going d1 to a couple underclassmen pitchers with virtually no varsity pitching experience..

Binghamton has faced some great pitching in their scrimmages. The two kids Cook has are inexperienced and need to grow up in a

hurry. Hitting shouldn't be a problem for them. Are they going to be a force this year, probably not. Will they get better, I believe they

will. Just because kids work with a certain instructor doesnt' guarantee they will be good. The top pitchers have a certain grit that puts them

above the rest. The wantabees talk a good game and love to complain.

Guest Guest
If Dale wasnt such a hot head he would have girls that are good players play for him. He thinks its about him. Get ur head out of your butt and stop charging people and do it for the right reasons....Maybe you will have girls play for you year to year!!!

i dont know how much you know about his raiders team, but i'm fairly certain people love coming back... and he ahs to charge to get into the tournaments and uniforms and stuff, and thats completely reasonable. he's a fantastic coach.

Guest Guest
i dont know how much you know about his raiders team, but i'm fairly certain people love coming back... and he ahs to charge to get into the tournaments and uniforms and stuff, and thats completely reasonable. he's a fantastic coach.

i completely agree.

...is he a tough coach? absolutely.

but the girls who can handle criticism are the girls who go on to play in college.

he'll yell at girls primarily over two things, mental errors or lack of hustle, two things which are unacceptable at the highest levels, and even the varsity level.

sure, they happen, but they are likely the difference in a game and the players who play for him are those with the best knowledge of the game, the best under pressure, and have success in college because of this.

for example.. 2 former Raiders on the UMASS team currently ranked in the top 20 in the nation.

Guest guest
i completely agree.

...is he a tough coach? absolutely.

but the girls who can handle criticism are the girls who go on to play in college.

he'll yell at girls primarily over two things, mental errors or lack of hustle, two things which are unacceptable at the highest levels, and even the varsity level.

sure, they happen, but they are likely the difference in a game and the players who play for him are those with the best knowledge of the game, the best under pressure, and have success in college because of this.

for example.. 2 former Raiders on the UMASS team currently ranked in the top 20 in the nation.

Look at the Binghamton team. Went to Mudville with them and thought he left 1/2 his team behind. Theres a difference between criticism and down right mean. Great to see he has a FAN CLUB!

Guest Guest
Look out for Reed, Lomonico, Woidt and Hagerbaumer

Those are some great players! And they have a tough shell..too bad that they have too. What happened too the players from last year. He seems to be missing about 6 returners????

Guest Guest
What about the rest of the Binghamton team?

They will struggle if they dont get those bats going. They are a young team. They will have a really strong team next year if they stick together.

Guest Guest
Those are some great players! And they have a tough shell..too bad that they have too. What happened too the players from last year. He seems to be missing about 6 returners????

Actually last year's team was predominantly seniors. Those that did not come back would not have helped this team. The team is young with a

majority of travel players, something Binghamton has rarely had.

Guest guest
Look at the Binghamton team. Went to Mudville with them and thought he left 1/2 his team behind. Theres a difference between criticism and down right mean. Great to see he has a FAN CLUB!

You sound like a disgruntled pitchers mom.

Guest guest

Nope I wouldnt pay him to teach my daughter how to pitch! And take his abuse! Im a parent of a player that was smart enough to quit!!

Guest guest

Unfortunately none of the pitchers will ever come close to being as good as Osovski. All her hard work has paid off.

Guest Guest
Unfortunately none of the pitchers will ever come close to being as good as Osovski. All her hard work has paid off.

You got that right, go NICOLE!

Guest Guest

yeah if binghamtons going to be so bad this year just look at their first game. overall did great. just wait you'll all be surprised.

Guest Guest
yeah if binghamtons going to be so bad this year just look at their first game. overall did great. just wait you'll all be surprised.

Great Job BHS keep the bats going you have some tough teams to face.

Guest Guest

the me-ue game was by far one of the best games i have seen in a long time. good pitching from both sides made it tough for either team to score.

Guest Guest
the me-ue game was by far one of the best games i have seen in a long time. good pitching from both sides made it tough for either team to score.
Congrat. ME varsity girls, job well done..you deserve it

Guest Guest

I just was reading where 3 SV senior girls got div 1 scholarships to play Softball. SV is hardly mentioned here? do any other teams have that many girls who have already signed? I would think they are at least going to be ok? What am I missing?

Guest Guest
I just was reading where 3 SV senior girls got div 1 scholarships to play Softball. SV is hardly mentioned here? do any other teams have that many girls who have already signed? I would think they are at least going to be ok? What am I missing?

plus a fourth who would be D-1in godbout if she could ever focus on school work and 2 in the haskells who will probably be d-1 in the future. definitely have been overlooked...

Guest Guest

dont over look SV 3 div 1 scholarship winners The team no one is mentioning player for player match up quite well . Do the comparison

Guest Guest
dont over look SV 3 div 1 scholarship winners The team no one is mentioning player for player match up quite well . Do the comparison

2 of the best if not the 2 best hitters in STAC in kaminsky and the freshman haskell

Guest Guest

That certainly is a measure of sucess. Would you rather have a state championship team without any scholarship winners of a good team that has 3 or 4 girls getting there education paid for? Hopefully you can have both. I also think

Windsor, JC and CV are slightly overrated and SV is slightly underated?

Archived