AAU Basketball

Guest Guest

Let me see if I can help people out here a little. First of all it probably honestly does not matter much if you play for RAGE or the school ball-kids preference. What REALLY does matter is that you attend the right camps to be seen. Especially if you are above D- 3 material. I believe there is a a group called Five Star or Group Happenings not sure of the names its been a while for me. These are the places you need to get your kid at. Tony will get a lot of the NYS colleges-D3- which is great but if you really want to be seen I am telling you get to the camps!! Oh and to the idiot that made the comment about BCC and kids living at home with mommy and daddy-bad call -these are tough economic times for people-nothing wrong with playing for BCC!!

This post is right on the money-you have to do more than RAGE or School ball if you really want to be seen...

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest capt marvel
Let me see if I can help people out here a little. First of all it probably honestly does not matter much if you play for RAGE or the school ball-kids preference. What REALLY does matter is that you attend the right camps to be seen. Especially if you are above D- 3 material. I believe there is a a group called Five Star or Group Happenings not sure of the names its been a while for me. These are the places you need to get your kid at. Tony will get a lot of the NYS colleges-D3- which is great but if you really want to be seen I am telling you get to the camps!! Oh and to the idiot that made the comment about BCC and kids living at home with mommy and daddy-bad call -these are tough economic times for people-nothing wrong with playing for BCC!!

This post is right on the money-you have to do more than RAGE or School ball if you really want to be seen...

powell played with his high school aau team played with his team mates and for a high school coach his play else where different system different coaches not as beneficial if the player is any good he will be found rage too expensive lackluster coaching nice summer spring program makes kid feel his abillity is better than his tazlent levedl

powell played with his high school aau team played with his team mates and for a high school coach his play else where different system different coaches not as beneficial if the player is any good he will be found rage too expensive lackluster coaching nice summer spring program makes kid feel his abillity is better than his tazlent levedl

First of all get your facts straight your going to talk about a particular kid-he played RAGE until his last year when he decided to play for ME and his coach. As did many of the ME players who decided to play with team. As was mentioned that Oneonta does this also. You are starting to see more school teams getting players. And trust me they will all make out fine...

wow does this person know English? that is one of the stupidest posts I have ever seen.

OK so where are all these RAGE players going to college? Gray, Powell, Moribito, Meir. Costello. Murray, Patterson, Baltz, Boyden? Oh I believe Furner did not play for RAGE so I guess that means he can't go to college.

I am sure they all did play for RAGE. But the schools are now getting into some of those exact same tournaments. Look at Oneoeta when they had all those good players-they played school and ended up still going to play college ball,and having a great season with the school. And excuse me but what is wrong with playing college ball for BCC? I heard a lot of those RAGE players are thinking of going there next year. So, what you are saying is if you don't play RAGE you will be failure in life and live home with mommy and daddy-what are you some kind of twisted nut?

Actually three players last year all played Rage, Harder, Harlem and Mirabito

Actually Powell did play Rage

I agree, play with the same kids who you always play with against the same local competition. That way you won't meet and play with other players from other local schools against competition that is far superior to you from cities all over the NorthEast. Then, you can go to BCC and live at home with mommy, drop out and complain that the reason you aren't getting ahead is political. If you want to play in college, play Rage. If you don't, play for your high school team. Pretty simple I think. Until you have played against RAP, Select, Central Western and all the terrific AAU teams out there, you'll never know how good the players out there are. Most of the best Binghamton area players have played for the Rage and loved it. Is it for everyone? No. But for the really good players, it is the best option. You should know that college coaches recruit from the AAU circuit and they seldom attend the small local AAU events other than the Rage one held at SUNY Binghamton. I guess my only question is: if you are playing the best teams from all over the NorthEast, why wouldn't you pick the best players you could for your team? I look at the best STAC players - Gray, Meier, Patterson, Powell, Maribito, Costello (and others) and I am pretty sure they all played for the Rage.

Last year Keough, Mullins, Mack, Doherty,Harder (Oneonta),Papso were all on the same Rage team.

Guest capt hastings

wow does this person know English? that is one of the stupidest posts I have ever seen.

dumbo read within the given word disregard the norm the capt is only about facts the player played for highschool team whenit became available forget rage play highschool when available

Last year Keough, Mullins, Mack, Doherty,Harder (Oneonta),Papso were all on the same Rage team.

How could that be-I thought you couldn't play after your senior year?

How could that be-I thought you couldn't play after your senior year?

Travel hoops is not doing these kids any good, local basketball around here sucks.

OK so where are all these RAGE players going to college? Gray, Powell, Moribito, Meir. Costello. Murray, Patterson, Baltz, Boyden? Oh I believe Furner did not play for RAGE so I guess that means he can't go to college.

these outside tournaments are a disgrace to basketball. they are a showcase for headcases to raise their so called stock, even though none of them will go anywhere. look at all the posts. it's about the individual, not the team. so you practice 2 times a week and then play 8 games in 2 days? no scouting or practice after each game? that's a joke. scouts look at them on their school teams more than pay to play. those are real basketball teams, not pickup games.

Really please shut up as you know not what you talk of. College coaches do not come to high school games. If you want to be seen, you play AAU. The Gym Rat Tournament attracted probably 250 college coaches and most AAU tournament had a dozen or so college coaches there. I am pretty sure you couldn't name a DII or DIII coach, so again, don't talk about what you do not know of.

Really please shut up as you know not what you talk of. College coaches do not come to high school games. If you want to be seen, you play AAU. The Gym Rat Tournament attracted probably 250 college coaches and most AAU tournament had a dozen or so college coaches there. I am pretty sure you couldn't name a DII or DIII coach, so again, don't talk about what you do not know of.

like i said, all about the headcases, not the team. a head of lettuce could coach or play D3. i played D2 and was invited to a pro mini-camp. i don't think it's a big deal, but i do think it's a subject i know a little about.

like i said, all about the headcases, not the team. a head of lettuce could coach or play D3. i played D2 and was invited to a pro mini-camp. i don't think it's a big deal, but i do think it's a subject i know a little about.

I thought pro's had summer league.Were did you play?

I can't hink of to many d2 players coming out of here.

I thought pro's had summer league.Were did you play?

I can't hink of to many d2 players coming out of here.

that was some years ago. they didn't have all the summer leagues they have today. you got invited to train with the team and try and earn a spot. kentucky wesleyan college. like i said, no big deal, but they didn't invite just anyone to try out for 2 NBA teams. too short and white, but still competetive. like i said, no big deal, but don't tell me i don't know what scouts look for.

Thats not true at all-coach's most certainly do come to high schools games- what world you living in? Again, I repeat if you really want to be seen save the AAU money and go to a GOOD camp! It will end up being way more valuable. If you just want to play some hoops then RAGE or school ball would be fine.

A head of lettuce could coach or play D3- I don't think so bud-its not the early 1950's anymore the competition has gotten pretty damn tough. Who cares if you got invited to a pro camp give me break, that gives you the right to put down D3-still a little high on yourself huh? Either that or the post was complete BS!

A head of lettuce could coach or play D3- I don't think so bud-its not the early 1950's anymore the competition has gotten pretty damn tough. Who cares if you got invited to a pro camp give me break, that gives you the right to put down D3-still a little high on yourself huh? Either that or the post was complete BS!

read the whole thread when i come in, then look at your last post. give reality a try.

as for D3, it is not high quality basketball. it is an extension of high school.

believe what you want. you have obviously experienced more in basketball more than i.

Guest BBallMan

Actually, as far as AAU goes, I would give serious consideration to Hoop Dreams. They have been building steadily over the past couple years, and they have some very good players. Furthermore, the founder (Coach Rose) is a very good role model, works great with the players, has a fairly high level of basketball knowledge, and still a pretty decent player in his own right (I think he played at Marist, pretty good basketball, to say the least).

And the great thing about him and his staff is that they work hard with all the players, regardless of their school district. I know Hoop Dreams has players from U-E, Vestal, Seton CC, Binghamton, Johnson City, M-E, CV, etc. And when they go to tournaments, they conduct themselves respectfully, no exceptions. It appears that Hops Dreams runs a highly quality program both on and off the court for the players.

Nothing to do with experience at all just think it was really a rude unnecessary comment. Personally, I have seen some great D3 ball.

i believe you are taking those words out of context because i was responding to a post that talked about D3. i was exaggerating to make a point. i meant no disrespect to anyone and agree i should not have used those words.

Actually, as far as AAU goes, I would give serious consideration to Hoop Dreams. They have been building steadily over the past couple years, and they have some very good players. Furthermore, the founder (Coach Rose) is a very good role model, works great with the players, has a fairly high level of basketball knowledge, and still a pretty decent player in his own right (I think he played at Marist, pretty good basketball, to say the least).

And the great thing about him and his staff is that they work hard with all the players, regardless of their school district. I know Hoop Dreams has players from U-E, Vestal, Seton CC, Binghamton, Johnson City, M-E, CV, etc. And when they go to tournaments, they conduct themselves respectfully, no exceptions. It appears that Hops Dreams runs a highly quality program both on and off the court for the players.

I heard the same thing-I would def. consider this for your kid...

If you look at just the last two years, every top player from the Binghamton area played for the Rage. It is not even close. You can try all you want to ignore that, but the facts are the facts. If you want to be the best, play on the best local AAU team - the Rage!

If you look at just the last two years, every top player from the Binghamton area played for the Rage. It is not even close. You can try all you want to ignore that, but the facts are the facts. If you want to be the best, play on the best local AAU team - the Rage!

rage has gone down hill, not the only show in town anymore!!!

Archived