Vatican Announces Seven New Deadly Sins

A Faithful Catholic

"The revision of the list comes after 1,500 years, with Vatican officials explaining that the new items address a global "secular" society bent on the concerns in the age of globalization. The sins are said to be an address to the "decreasing sense of sin" in the modern world."

Mgr Girotti named the new mortal sins to be (1)genetic modification; (2) human experimentations, (3) polluting the environment; (4) social injustice; (5) causing poverty; (6) financial gluttony; and (7) taking drugs.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7010282589

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5) causing poverty; (6) financial gluttony

Don't these apply to the Catholic Church as well? I mean, I hear of people tithing at least 10% of their gross income each week to the church regardless of whether they can afford it or not. And the Catholic Church is probably the biggest "financial glutton" the world has ever seen!!

Guest Guest
"The revision of the list comes after 1,500 years, with Vatican officials explaining that the new items address a global "secular" society bent on the concerns in the age of globalization. The sins are said to be an address to the "decreasing sense of sin" in the modern world."

Mgr Girotti named the new mortal sins to be (1)genetic modification; (2) human experimentations, (3) polluting the environment; (4) social injustice; (5) causing poverty; (6) financial gluttony; and (7) taking drugs.

Well I guess everyone is going to hell now.

Guest Guest

4) social injustice; (5) causing poverty; (6) financial gluttony; and (7) taking drugs.

I'd call a church that continues to be the largest single land owning organization on the planet while people starve injust, gluttonous and a cause of poverty, too.

Priests and nuns can't get prescriptions?

Guest Guest
4) social injustice; (5) causing poverty; (6) financial gluttony; and (7) taking drugs.

I'd call a church that continues to be the largest single land owning organization on the planet while people starve injust, gluttonous and a cause of poverty, too.

No religious organization has done more on this earth to alleviate human suffering than the Catholic Church.

Guest Guest

I was hoping to see that protecting pedophile priests was added to the list, but then again - most of the churches clergy would be guilty of that one.

Guest Guest
No religious organization has done more on this earth to alleviate human suffering than the Catholic Church.

LOL - NOw that! is DELETED funny!

The sins are said to be an address to the "decreasing sense of sin" in the modern world. ..... [..] ..... Mgr Girotti explained that numbers have shown that less Catholics in Italy go to confession, with 60 percent no longer participating in what is considered one of the most important sacraments.

Says it all, really.

Confessional queues are getting a little too thin for the Church's liking, so it invents some more 'sins' to drum up business. 'Deadly' ones too, no less!

(1) genetic modification; (can get crops to feed more people with less toxic pest control residues in food).

(2) human experimentations, (this would have prevented us from learning how to vaccinate against disease).

(3) polluting the environment; (governments are already striving to reduce this. WALK to Church, perhaps?).

(4) social injustice; (governments are already legislating to reduce discrimination. Allow women Priests perhaps?).

(5) causing poverty; (stop ripping money off the Faithful. Allow them to manage family sizes).

(6) financial gluttony; (Churches bask in Billions of Dollars worth of unearned assets. Redistribute it where needed).

(7) taking drugs. ("Forgive me Father I have sinned ... I smoked a cigarette last Tuesday ..." ? Better toss out that Altar wine too).

I guess we can look forward to a remake of the 1963 Hollywood movie, now to be titled "The Fourteen Deadly Sins". Will it be a Double-length Feature?

..... and a widespread habit of "making do without God."

Or just making do without a lot of ritual and fanfare? Who defines 'making do without God' ... the Catholic Church alone?

Can we look forward to inclusion of these Seven New Sins being written into Bibles of all Denominations? Or are Catholics to be rendered more 'sinful' than everyone else?

Where does the Vatican or Catholic Church have the right to be adding new deadly sins? I thought God already wrote the 10 commandments for us to live by. Now the Catholics think they are God and can rewrite the Bible or change whatever they want to suit their purpose at the time. Another reason not to be a Catholic.

Guest Guest

Let me guess. You still believe in fairies, too?

Homosexual Indulgence, Pedophiles, Adulterers with married woman, now where do these fit in that wonderful set of new rules?

What a crock the church is and always has been.

With all that my church should be contending with - namely the horrendous homosexual priestly scandals - why this? Truthfully, most of new "SINS" are already sins - just use your head, stealing is stealing no matter at what level, etc. The Vatican and the Pope must put an end to the homosexual crimes against young people in the Church. Until that is done they've lost their credibility.

Guest goosefabrah
Where does the Vatican or Catholic Church have the right to be adding new deadly sins? I thought God already wrote the 10 commandments for us to live by. Now the Catholics think they are God and can rewrite the Bible or change whatever they want to suit their purpose at the time. Another reason not to be a Catholic.

Sins aren't the Commandments. However, being Wiccan is a sin. Since the Holy Father gets his info directly from "THE BIG MAN"..what he says-goes.

Sins aren't the Commandments. However, being Wiccan is a sin. Since the Holy Father gets his info directly from "THE BIG MAN"..what he says-goes.

Then let me "sin" away!!! And yes, I do believe in faeries. :lol: Better than believing in a church that treats women as second class citizens.

5) causing poverty; (6) financial gluttony

Don't these apply to the Catholic Church as well? I mean, I hear of people tithing at least 10% of their gross income each week to the church regardless of whether they can afford it or not. And the Catholic Church is probably the biggest "financial glutton" the world has ever seen!!

Hey sorcerer, it is perfectly acceptable to God to tithe. It is all on what you can afford. NEVER FORCED. If I was you, I would be worried about your soul, because you are a witch. :angry:

The CC is the BIGGEST CHURCH on earth. No other church comes even close. Hence, the biggest land owners because of the THOUSANDS of Churches. The Orthodox, the closest one in terms of the sacraments to the CC, number 220 million. The CC is 1.2 BILLION.

It is the UNIVERSAL CHURCH, no other Church has it's UNIVERSALITY in comparison:

"It is called Catholic then because it extends over all the world, from one end of the Earth to the other; and because it teaches universally and completely one end and all the doctrines which ought to come to men's knowledge, concerning things both visible and invisible, heavenly and earthly; and because it brings into subjection to godliness and the whole race of mankind, governors and governed, learned and unlearned; and because it universally treats and heals the whole class of sins, which are committed by soul and body, and possesses in itself every form of virtue which is named, both in deeds and words, and in every kind of spiritual gifts."

----St. Cyril of Jerusalem ("Catechetical Lectures," c. 350 A.D.)

Archived