Vatican Announces Seven New Deadly Sins

A Faithful Catholic

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest-captain obvious-*
Illegal drugs. They are a scourge to society. :blink:

the majority of illegal drugs come from natural sources. god is responsible for drugs.

Says it all, really. Confessional queues are getting a little too thin for the Church's liking, so it invents some more 'sins' to drum up business. 'Deadly' ones too, no less!

BECAUSE IGNORANT CATHOLICS HAVE TAKEN IT UPON THEMSELVES THAT THEY DO NOT NEED THE SACRAMENT OF CONFESSION- TO THEIR OWN SPIRITUAL DETRIMENT. THEY HAVE BEEN WARNED MANY TIMES.

(1) genetic modification; (can get crops to feed more people with less toxic pest control residues in food).

(2) human experimentations, (this would have prevented us from learning how to vaccinate against disease).

Human genetic modification is a moral evil. Those that try to clone humans are morally evil.

(3) polluting the environment; (governments are already striving to reduce this. WALK to Church, perhaps?).

(4) social injustice; (governments are already legislating to reduce discrimination. Allow women Priests perhaps?).

Walking to Church would be good. Women priests are not theologically sound. Why not? Because Jesus was not a woman. A woman cannot be married to a bride. Sorry......

(5) causing poverty; (stop ripping money off the Faithful. Allow them to manage family sizes).

The Lord approves of supporting the Church. Don't be ignorant of the scriptures in dealing with me. People should keep their pants on if they can't afford children in their families.

(6) financial gluttony; (Churches bask in Billions of Dollars worth of unearned assets. Redistribute it where needed).

They help the poor more than anyone else.

(7) taking drugs. ("Forgive me Father I have sinned ... I smoked a cigarette last Tuesday ..." ? Better toss out that Altar wine too).

Illegal drugs are the scourge of society.

I guess we can look forward to a remake of the 1963 Hollywood movie, now to be titled "The Fourteen Deadly Sins". Will it be a Double-length Feature?

Or just making do without a lot of ritual and fanfare? Who defines 'making do without God' ... the Catholic Church alone?

The Mass and the Sacraments are RITUALS straight from Christ Himself. Take your ritual hatred up with Him.

Can we look forward to inclusion of these Seven New Sins being written into Bibles of all Denominations? Or are Catholics to be rendered more 'sinful' than everyone else?

Maybe those heretics should come back to the Mother Church and get rid of their horrible pride! ;)

Where does the Vatican or Catholic Church have the right to be adding new deadly sins?

Because the Successor of Peter has the Keys to Heaven and the binding and loosing power given to him by Christ Himself.

I thought God already wrote the 10 commandments for us to live by.

He did. They are not all we have to do. He has many other commands that we MUST follow.

Now the Catholics think they are God and can rewrite the Bible or change whatever they want to suit their purpose at the time. Another reason not to be a Catholic.

Clueless. The bible came from the CC. It is a document of the CC. The Successor of Peter has the right to bind and loose, per Christ.

I suggest you study the entire Word of God and wise up.

With all that my church should be contending with - namely the horrendous homosexual priestly scandals - why this? Truthfully, most of new "SINS" are already sins - just use your head, stealing is stealing no matter at what level, etc. The Vatican and the Pope must put an end to the homosexual crimes against young people in the Church. Until that is done they've lost their credibility.

Baloney. It is chasing out perverts and those practicing homosexuals. The faith teachings and dogmas are PERFECT. You cannot successfully argue against them. :lol:

Sins aren't the Commandments. However, being Wiccan is a sin. Since the Holy Father gets his info directly from "THE BIG MAN"..what he says-goes.

Maybe she should look up what the Lord God Almighty thinks about witches and sorcerers. It will be an eye opener. There are things that the Lord condemns outright. :o

The new rules criticize the media for bringing the pedophiles to the public's attention and bringing down the name of the Catholic Church.

Kermit, you are wrong. The INFECTION of pervert priests/pastors is in every religion/denom. Satan, with the cooperation of the pervert, has degraded the CC. However, Satan is powerless when it comes to the Faith teachings and Dogmas. He can't even touch those. Satan has in other "religions"

Guest Guest

Illegal drugs are the scourge of society -

I'm confused - Alcohol is the most addictive drug on the planet. Add every illegal drug together and they are 1/10 the amount of addicts as alcoholics.

What country allows the church to decide what drugs are illegal. What if a country bans a certain drug because it's deemed bad but it's allowed in another country. Will the pope decide?

Non Catholic are right to not have alcohol in the church, and gambling (*Bingo!) - oh, and sex with boys.

Kermit, you are wrong. The INFECTION of pervert priests/pastors is in every religion/denom. Satan, with the cooperation of the pervert, has degraded the CC. However, Satan is powerless when it comes to the Faith teachings and Dogmas. He can't even touch those. Satan has in other "religions"

Apparently you did not read the article..........

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/V/VAT...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

The below sentence is straight from the article.

"The monsignor acknowledged the "objective gravity" of the allegations, but contended that the heavy coverage by mass media of the scandals must also be denounced because it "discredits the church."

Apparently you did not read the article..........

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/V/VAT...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

The below sentence is straight from the article.

"The monsignor acknowledged the "objective gravity" of the allegations, but contended that the heavy coverage by mass media of the scandals must also be denounced because it "discredits the church."

The media SENSATIONALIZED it. They IGNORED all the other PERVERTS and practicing homosexuals in other denoms. That is where the media screwed up. :angry:

The media SENSATIONALIZED it. They IGNORED all the other PERVERTS and practicing homosexuals in other denoms. That is where the media screwed up. :angry:

They are just reporting as news breaks. I've heard of scandals in other denoms, it just happens to come out with the Catholics more often.

Guest Guest

Hey - come on everyone - AFC and the Catholic are right. I don't think the sin list goes far enough. Let make a larger sin list. If the pope won't make the list better - our dogma commands that we make the list bigger. It IS a perfect faith - lets make more commandments to strengthen the church.

Help out everyone!

Sin #15 - Everyone is Satan. Everyone is going to burn

They are just reporting as news breaks. I've heard of scandals in other denoms, it just happens to come out with the Catholics more often.

Oh, yeah? When was the last time you have heard about any of these?:

http://stopbaptistpredators.org/index.htm

That site is updated all the time.

These stories don't make the news. Why not? What's the difference?

The liberal establishment, the ones that control the press, hate the CC because it does not cave into societies demands/values. So anything at all bad is trumped up to the max even though other religions are doing the same thing. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Where does the Vatican or Catholic Church have the right to be adding new deadly sins? I thought God already wrote the 10 commandments for us to live by. Now the Catholics think they are God and can rewrite the Bible or change whatever they want to suit their purpose at the time. Another reason not to be a Catholic.

Haven't you been listening? :rolleyes:

AFC says that the rules are passed down in a telephone game sort of way. AFC says the Bible isn't as important as what is passed down.

Blah, Blah, PERFECT blah, blah, WHOLENESS, TRUTH, blah blah.

I know, I know. I'm a HERETIC. Blah. Blah.

TWS

Sex outside of a valid marriage between a man and a woman is wrong, per Christ. It's called FORNICATION, which falls under the deadly sin of LUST.

Actually, if you want to look at it strictly, sex should only be within a valid marriage and for the purpose of procreation.

Archived