Why do you think that Spitzer's need for Dirty Sex affects his ability to be Governor?

Billy the Kid

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't effect his ABILITY per se, but it sure shows something about his STUPIDITY and bad judgement AND a moral character problem.

It's not the sex as much as it is something illegal. Whether or not anyone feels it should be legal or not, right now it is not and he broke the law.

It's also betrayal to his wife of decades and his family, people he cares very much about. Now, if he can do that to his family, betray that trust to his wife and children, how can we trust him? Keep in mind this isn't one of those "we all make mistakes and deserve a second chance" cases, it was not his first time and not even close to his first time.

Also, it's a crime he personally waged a campaign against. It's kind of like if a 1920s Governor supported prohibition and fought sternly for it, and then was discovered to have a bootlegging operation in his basement.

I know what you are trying to say Billy, but he's cooked. He might not resign, but I feel re-election is not remotely close to being possible even after time passes. This isn't Marion Berry and Washington DC (I still can't believe he remained mayor...and was re-elected, wasn't he?)

Wolf

Guest non-pedophile
What's the big deal? Jealous?????

TELL THAT TO THE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HE PUT IN JAIL FOR MINOR THINGS SUCH AS PROSTITION, MONEY LAUNDERING AND OTHER SUCH MINOR INFRACTIONS. DUDE JUST BECAUSE HES A DEMOCRAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO DEFEND HIM. IF HE WAS A REP. YOU WOULD BE KILLING HIM...... STOP PLAYING PARTY POLITICS. LONG LIVE INDEPENDENCE! NADER FOR PRESIDENT

Guest bill clinton

It's unethical, he lied to the people, and he can't be trusted. he couldn't run NYS before this happened anyway so it's good he got caught and is going to resign.

It doesn't effect his ABILITY per se, but it sure shows something about his STUPIDITY and bad judgement AND a moral character problem.

It's not the sex as much as it is something illegal. Whether or not anyone feels it should be legal or not, right now it is not and he broke the law.

It's also betrayal to his wife of decades and his family, people he cares very much about. Now, if he can do that to his family, betray that trust to his wife and children, how can we trust him? Keep in mind this isn't one of those "we all make mistakes and deserve a second chance" cases, it was not his first time and not even close to his first time.

Also, it's a crime he personally waged a campaign against. It's kind of like if a 1920s Governor supported prohibition and fought sternly for it, and then was discovered to have a bootlegging operation in his basement.

I know what you are trying to say Billy, but he's cooked. He might not resign, but I feel re-election is not remotely close to being possible even after time passes. This isn't Marion Berry and Washington DC (I still can't believe he remained mayor...and was re-elected, wasn't he?)

Wolf

I don't think he is cooked, Bill Clinton got away with it, Berry got away with it, I think that this sort of thing has been present with most high powered political figures and our society has accepted it.

My point is that if Spitzer has done so much good for the State of New York, and the potential for change is so high in this state, why should he be forced to resign just because he hired a hooker? I don't agree, does it show?

TELL THAT TO THE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HE PUT IN JAIL FOR MINOR THINGS SUCH AS PROSTITION, MONEY LAUNDERING AND OTHER SUCH MINOR INFRACTIONS. DUDE JUST BECAUSE HES A DEMOCRAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO DEFEND HIM. IF HE WAS A REP. YOU WOULD BE KILLING HIM...... STOP PLAYING PARTY POLITICS. LONG LIVE INDEPENDENCE! NADER FOR PRESIDENT

Hey "DUDE", I am not a Democrat so where is your argument on that one? I am not defending what he did, just that it isn't such a big deal and doesn't affect his ability to perform as the Governor of New York. He has done a lot more good than bad and can and most likely will be a benefit to our area. There is no reason to remove him for this ridiculous mistake.

It's unethical, he lied to the people, and he can't be trusted. he couldn't run NYS before this happened anyway so it's good he got caught and is going to resign.

Show me a politician that can be trusted. He did a fine job running this state as compared to the past, so go polish Hillary's shoes and walk the dog, Bill!

Guest Guest

If Spitzer wasn't hurting anyone, why did he use a fake name (Client #9)? I mean, why not just do this type of behavior in the open? I'm sure there are many voters like you who could care less that the governor, who has taken an oath to enforce the law, had been busy breaking the law.

(Why do we expect so little of our elected officials?)

Guest Guest
I don't think he is cooked, Bill Clinton got away with it, Berry got away with it, I think that this sort of thing has been present with most high powered political figures and our society has accepted it.

My point is that if Spitzer has done so much good for the State of New York, and the potential for change is so high in this state, why should he be forced to resign just because he hired a hooker? I don't agree, does it show?

I never broke THAT law! MR S is the watch dog for crime in NYS and when he breaks one he is being held to his standards.

Guest Guest

Why I think Spitzer has to go:

1) His judgement is now called into question on all topics.

2) By being a customer of a prostitution ring, the top law enforcement person of NY knew about the ring and obviously did NOT try to prosecute it...a clear derilection of duty. (aside: Maybe he could claim he was doing an "undercover" investigation on his own LOL)

3) The utter hypocrisy make him a laughing stock. How can he lead others?

4) Fine examlple for the kids he is supposed to educate as Governor.

5) Imagine the lengths he had to go to with his security detail and payments to hide this. Opened himself up for blackmail.

6) Like it is hard to think the only problems on WS involve sub-prime...it is hard to believe that this is the only indiscretion by Spitzer...othr stuff will come out.

Guest Guest

Does anyone seriously wonder about the potential vulnerability to undue influence of a high-placed public official who is conducting a clandestine relationship with prostitutes charging up to $5000 an hour?

Guest Guest

The big deal is that he portrayed himself as a "law and order" guy, a crusader, and publicly prosecuted others of the same crime he committed.

He parlayed this image as Attorney General into the Governorship, and certainly had plans for the Oval Office.

And it's all a sham.

Guest Guest

Fox news reports this morning that what caught the attention of IRS officials was Spitzer’s depositing money in shell corporations. I smell hypocrisy and am willing to bet we’ve just begun to see who this man really is.

Billy, my young friend,

There is a world of difference between sleazebag Bil Clinton and soon-to-be felon Eliot Spitzer.

Mr. Spitzer CONSPIRED to traffic women across state lines for the purpose of sex, a big, big federally indictable no-no (Mann Act).

Idiot Spitzer has a series of questionale banking transaction that led to his bank contacting federal officials on their own for what they thought was a money laundering or embezzlement scheme.

Bill "Bubba" Clinton was a good ole boy, not particularly known for being ethical, moral or even truthful. Idoit Spitter, on the other hand, was usually on his moral and ethical high horse and known for double-standards.

Clinton was likeable.

Spitzer is not.

It is not a crime to cheat on your wife.

It is a crime to hire a prosititute in NY State or Washinton DC. While prostitution may appear victimless, where it is not legalized it usally tied to organized crime (the kind Spitzer used to like to fight) and drugs. Was Spitzer using drugs and getting high while nailing these high price hookers? Let's get some blood and hair testing done. He doesn't have much hair but let's try anyway.

When the dust settles, not only will be Spitzer forced out of office but almost without a doubt he will face some jail time.

Banks filed reports, wire taps were authorized and made public, other people have been indicted they will make deals, you cannot set all those in motion and not let them spin.

Eliot is going to spend some time in the shitter.

WOW, some people just don't know how to lighten up.

First of all, who really cares about Splitz getting caught ? I know I could care less. All it shows me is that his sex life with his spouse is not what it once was, so who changed, him or her? Does not matter anyway, it's a family issue.

Second of all, prostitution should be legal. It's a business, just like anything else. Business is taxable. Tax means more money for the state. Look what has happened since gambling became legal. More bucks for the state. Plus if it were legal, being able to control the D & D would be easier.

Third, and just as important, people today are so quick to pass judgement on others when they can not see beyond their own face. Hummm, married isn't he ? Hummm, I may be wrong here, but I have always been under the impression that it takes two to make or break a marriage.

Everyone is hearing one side of the story and one side of the relationship, what about her? You call her the Victim, how do you know that? How do you know she has not been one of these "scoccer" moms that care about nothing more then what she wants and does not ignor him? How do you know her actions did not puch him into it? And how do you know she does not have a very well hidden "boy toy" and what business is that of yours anyway

Yea it sounds a little far fetched... But it does not effect the things he's done for the State of New York. But it will effect how everyone now thinks because they want to jump on the "bandwagon" for the sake of MORALS to keep up with their friends and neighbors.

Let's let the facts come out first, you know what happens when one "assume's" right?

:lol:

Guest Guest

"During his campaign, his signature promise was to change state politics "on Day One" of his new administration, with ethics reform high in his sights."

Evidently, his sights are just below his beltline.

Guest Guest
WOW, some people just don't know how to lighten up.

First of all, who really cares about Splitz getting caught ? I know I could care less. All it shows me is that his sex life with his spouse is not what it once was, so who changed, him or her? Does not matter anyway, it's a family issue.

Second of all, prostitution should be legal. It's a business, just like anything else. Business is taxable. Tax means more money for the state. Look what has happened since gambling became legal. More bucks for the state. Plus if it were legal, being able to control the D & D would be easier.

Third, and just as important, people today are so quick to pass judgement on others when they can not see beyond their own face. Hummm, married isn't he ? Hummm, I may be wrong here, but I have always been under the impression that it takes two to make or break a marriage.

Everyone is hearing one side of the story and one side of the relationship, what about her? You call her the Victim, how do you know that? How do you know she has not been one of these "scoccer" moms that care about nothing more then what she wants and does not ignor him? How do you know her actions did not puch him into it? And how do you know she does not have a very well hidden "boy toy" and what business is that of yours anyway

Yea it sounds a little far fetched... But it does not effect the things he's done for the State of New York. But it will effect how everyone now thinks because they want to jump on the "bandwagon" for the sake of MORALS to keep up with their friends and neighbors.

Let's let the facts come out first, you know what happens when one "assume's" right?

:lol:

You are a true idiot.

Archived