Offering a ride: "attempted kidnapping?"

Guest dflgjdfng

Guest Guest
Leader of the pack?

If you honestly think he can't be questioned, you are badly mistaken. <_<

They might be able to question him, but they won't waste their time... the bottom line is that they don't have any reason to go looking for this guy and ask him dumb questions

all you people must be taking Tazz's idiot pills

Guest Guest
Since when is offering a ride to two girls an attempt to kidnap? According to the article in today's edition of the Press with Some Bullinit, this attempted kidnapping happened in the Vestal School district.

No threatening words were used. No weapon displayed. The girls did the right thing to decline and run away---but attempted kidnapping? Please!

The press, with their zeal for over-sensationalizing everything, had nothing to print in this regard.

What's next? Turning around in the mall as a cute girl walks by?

This post is scary.

You should all lighten up on the OP,with one of the lowest ratio of sex offenders and homosexuals around here I can't see any reason to be concerned,I don't even lock my doors at night,all this sex offense stuff is made up by the hypocrite Bushbots to scare everybody to think sex offenders are real and to steal oil,duh

Guest Guest
hey Dolt, nobody cares, and the police can't do anything about it. They can't even question him because he hasn't done anythign wrong

let's show everyone how dumb the people on BCV are!!

The police can now question you even if you have done nothing wrong! Why - because of the war on drugs they can ask the driver where he was coming from and where he was going as part of routine questioning!

Guest Guest
The police can now question you even if you have done nothing wrong! Why - because of the war on drugs they can ask the driver where he was coming from and where he was going as part of routine questioning!

but you have to give them a reason to pull you over first. they can't just stop you without a reason

You should all lighten up on the OP,with one of the lowest ratio of sex offenders and homosexuals around here I can't see any reason to be concerned,I don't even lock my doors at night,all this sex offense stuff is made up by the hypocrite Bushbots to scare everybody to think sex offenders are real and to steal oil,duh

:lol::lol: Sarcasm is a wonderful tool on here...some just don't get it, which really does scare me. Even in the glory days of the early sixties, we were warned about strangers approaching us. I agree with Tazz, Toop, and the rest. I'm stupid enough, that I would have even pulled up and confronted him...but that's just the way I am.

I hope they do find him, take him in for questioning, and then search his house. Maybe they will find a child that was kidnapped years ago and he has been holding prisoner for years. Maybe that kid will then be reunited with the families that thought them dead. Has this not happened several times in past years. Elizabeth Smart, those 2 boys that were found a couple years ago, ect. Maybe they will find other evidence of wrongdoing that hurts children. Who knows - maybe they will find nothing and the guy was just a really nice, but misguided man. Better to be safe than sorry I say!

Guest Guest
I hope they do find him, take him in for questioning, and then search his house. Maybe they will find a child that was kidnapped years ago and he has been holding prisoner for years. Maybe that kid will then be reunited with the families that thought them dead. Has this not happened several times in past years. Elizabeth Smart, those 2 boys that were found a couple years ago, ect. Maybe they will find other evidence of wrongdoing that hurts children. Who knows - maybe they will find nothing and the guy was just a really nice, but misguided man. Better to be safe than sorry I say!

Oh my god give me a break, they aren't even looking for the guy!!!!

:lol::lol: Sarcasm is a wonderful tool on here...some just don't get it, which really does scare me. Even in the glory days of the early sixties, we were warned about strangers approaching us. I agree with Tazz, Toop, and the rest. I'm stupid enough, that I would have even pulled up and confronted him...but that's just the way I am.

When I was a kid teachers and parents always said''never take rides from strangers''and''never take candy from strangers''so I'm thinking nobody is really going to try to abduct me using candy,then one day when I was the penny saver kid on Kneeland ave I'm throwing papers on peoples porches and I see this dude eating candy trying to make it noticed he was eating candy smacking it all around his mouth I could hear it clanking on his teeth,he looks at me(across the street)and says''do you want a piece of candy''I say no,he says''are you sure''I start walking faster kind of scared,I couldn't believe it,I still wonder what that guys deal was what he would have done if I said yes and went near him.

Guest Guest

Is this all we're gonna do?? Call someone a dolt?? Come on folks, we can do better than this. I just got back from the Endicott/Endwell area (yes, it's in Broome County) and I kept my eyes peeled.

Interesting uptake on the parental supervision but do you/can you watch your kids 24/7??

Perhaps the bigger question is....what were 2 "early elementary" kids doing walking alone? While they did the right thing in that situation, they should have had parental supervision.

Is this all we're gonna do?? Call someone a dolt?? Come on folks, we can do better than this. I just got back from the Endicott/Endwell area (yes, it's in Broome County) and I kept my eyes peeled.

Interesting uptake on the parental supervision but do you/can you watch your kids 24/7??

I agree with both of you. The truth is we can not watch our children 24/7 so we ALL need to be watching everybody when we are out and about.

In the recent past I was able to see a video from a child abduction expert. He gave some great tips as far as what we can do as parents to help our children protect themselves. One of the big ones was we can watch at little league games, keep an eye on the adults in the stands and along the fenced area. Ask questions of these adults especially if you see them there consistantly or with a camera. Ask which child they are there with, watch and see if that person approaches one child time after time. If you can not make a connection with that adult and a certain child, IE: Uncle, Aunt, Father, Mother,....you get the idea, then report it. Have the person checked out. Better to be safe than sorry and if the person is innocent, they will understand why you called it in. If not, hurt feelings are better than a kidnapped/molested child.

We can also teach our older children, who ride bikes in the summer, that if they are riding along and somebody grabs them, do NOT let go of the bike. Much harder to get a child+bike quickly inside a vehicle without drawing attention to yourself. We can make this a game with our children and practice grabbing them until it becomes instinct for them to not let go of the bike.

Lots of things we can do as parents to help our children stay safe. The top one of course is to keep your children close, you are the one responsible for the childs safety. But we all know children are quick and some are stubborn. It is our job to give them the tools to help themselves if the need should ever arise.

And for those of you who are going to tell me we don't need to worry in our area, don't bother. Just because it hasn't happened, does not mean it will never happen. I'd much rather hear about an ATTEMPTED abduction than an abduction that is successful.

Flame away:)

Guest Guest
I agree with both of you. The truth is we can not watch our children 24/7 so we ALL need to be watching everybody when we are out and about.

In the recent past I was able to see a video from a child abduction expert. He gave some great tips as far as what we can do as parents to help our children protect themselves. One of the big ones was we can watch at little league games, keep an eye on the adults in the stands and along the fenced area. Ask questions of these adults especially if you see them there consistantly or with a camera. Ask which child they are there with, watch and see if that person approaches one child time after time. If you can not make a connection with that adult and a certain child, IE: Uncle, Aunt, Father, Mother,....you get the idea, then report it. Have the person checked out. Better to be safe than sorry and if the person is innocent, they will understand why you called it in. If not, hurt feelings are better than a kidnapped/molested child.

We can also teach our older children, who ride bikes in the summer, that if they are riding along and somebody grabs them, do NOT let go of the bike. Much harder to get a child+bike quickly inside a vehicle without drawing attention to yourself. We can make this a game with our children and practice grabbing them until it becomes instinct for them to not let go of the bike.

Lots of things we can do as parents to help our children stay safe. The top one of course is to keep your children close, you are the one responsible for the childs safety. But we all know children are quick and some are stubborn. It is our job to give them the tools to help themselves if the need should ever arise.

And for those of you who are going to tell me we don't need to worry in our area, don't bother. Just because it hasn't happened, does not mean it will never happen. I'd much rather hear about an ATTEMPTED abduction than an abduction that is successful.

Flame away:)

You brought up some good safety tips Tazz!! Anymore to share??

Archived