RAGE vs ME

Guest The Real Sports Mind

Guest Guest

Eating away? Really? An AAU loss? Man you don't know anything about AAU ball. You normally play several games a weekend. If you are lucky, at season's end you may be somewhere around a .500 winning percentage. Anything better, you aren't playing good enough competition. Anything worse, well you are just getting better. An AAU loss is very common. You take off your sneakers, get in a car, go find miniture golf, then do it all again. An AAU loss never eats at you. Never. You play easily 50 games in a short time against different levels of competition. You lose to a bad team, beat a great team, then get a drink and warm up for the next one. That is what makes it different from school ball. You don't dwell on a loss, you just get ready for the next game (which is usually only minutes away.)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Eating away? Really? An AAU loss? Man you don't know anything about AAU ball. You normally play several games a weekend. If you are lucky, at season's end you may be somewhere around a .500 winning percentage. Anything better, you aren't playing good enough competition. Anything worse, well you are just getting better. An AAU loss is very common. You take off your sneakers, get in a car, go find miniture golf, then do it all again. An AAU loss never eats at you. Never. You play easily 50 games in a short time against different levels of competition. You lose to a bad team, beat a great team, then get a drink and warm up for the next one. That is what makes it different from school ball. You don't dwell on a loss, you just get ready for the next game (which is usually only minutes away.)

eating away, just eating away.

Guest Guest
eating away, just eating away.

Honestly, I could care less who won a local AAU tournament. I think there were maybe what - four teams playing?

What is a bigger question is why you feel this was an NBA Championship and why a grown person is following around a bunch of school age boys. I think people from ME should be concerned with this. The only people who go to AAU games are parents and college coaches. You are not a coach, so that leaves only being a parent. I really don't think you are parent, so that leaves you as a creepy guy who follows around an average at best group of high school boys. There are people who can help you out there.

I know some of the former ME players and parents. They would have never acted like this. They were truly good kids and good parents. Please stop, you are embarrassing ME.

Guest guest

I would say embarrassing ME is an understatement-why would anyone come on here and brag to this degree that they beat an average RAGE team? I pray to God there is not just a bunch of ego maniacs on that team too.

Guest Guest
Man it is amazing that a school team can beat the RAGE Team. They are suppose to be the best in the area. Maybe TL is not as good of a coach as he thinks he is? Or maybe, the players on the team are not as good as they think/pay to be?

Guest Guest

TL is a GREAT coach and runs a GREAT program. Let's think about this....ME players have been playing together since the start of the 08' Basketball season. Rage has a team of talented players who have been playing together a few months (if that). It's really not that big of a deal....teams lose. I always see ME bragging or whining about something on here.

Guest Guest

TL is a great coach, runs a great program and helps open doors to many many young men. Why someone continues to get on here and bash him is beyond me. Either you got cut or your kid got cut. Either way, your rants are falling on deaf ears. Every single college coach I have talked to the last couple years all have nothing but positive things to say about him. They love recruiting kids who have played for him. Is he for everyone - no. But if you are thinking of playing at the next level, I would try to get on his team if I was you.

Guest Guest
TL is a great coach, runs a great program and helps open doors to many many young men. Why someone continues to get on here and bash him is beyond me. Either you got cut or your kid got cut. Either way, your rants are falling on deaf ears. Every single college coach I have talked to the last couple years all have nothing but positive things to say about him. They love recruiting kids who have played for him. Is he for everyone - no. But if you are thinking of playing at the next level, I would try to get on his team if I was you.

I think this post is right, however, Ocker is a better coach than TL. In fact, many coaches in the area are better than TL... but TL is much better than any ol pop trying to coach his son. He's improved a lot over the years as a coach.

Guest Guest

I can't say whether or not TL is a better composer, but I have heard him sing and he is quite good. Especially, singing 80's and 90's rock. I didn't know TL was even interested in composing music, but if it is on BCVOICE, then it must be true!

Guest intheknow
Well, I just got back from the Rage, Battle of the Border Tournament. At the tournament I gained evidenced of something I already knew. The Rage A 17 and Under Team was beat by the Maine Endwell School AAU Team. It made me so happy to see all of the "so called best players in the area" beat by a school team. This obviously confirms that these parents and young people are being tricked into thinking they are better than they are or ME basketball is a true power house?

Travel Leagues are a joke. People out for money make parents and kids believe that they'll get a scholarship if they play. I'd like to see a guarentee- if you don't get a scholarship the "team" will refund all money from when you started.

Play 3 sports for your school team- forget travel leaugues.

Travel Leagues are a joke. People out for money make parents and kids believe that they'll get a scholarship if they play. I'd like to see a guarentee- if you don't get a scholarship the "team" will refund all money from when you started.

Play 3 sports for your school team- forget travel leaugues.

Tough to get scholarships, period.

If it ain't obvious in any sport to everyone that someone is scholarship material then it certainly ain't obvious to college recruiters.

Guest guest

ME is on here all bragging that they beat the best-who says that RAGE team had the best players. Here goes ME getting all cocky again-like anyone should be surprised. God almighty its high school-go play the team from Brooklyn when you beat them give me call.

Guest Old Henry Rosencrantz
ME is on here all bragging that they beat the best-who says that RAGE team had the best players. Here goes ME getting all cocky again-like anyone should be surprised. God almighty its high school-go play the team from Brooklyn when you beat them give me call.

Good Day Sir, I will be needing your phone number since ME was at the Chiropractic College playing in a tournament this weekend and they beat a team from Brooklyn and another from Buffalo. Please post your number and a good time for me to call.

Thank you and good day,

Old Henry Rosencrantz

www.setonhalftimetradegy.com

Guest Old Henry Rosencrantz
I can't say whether or not TL is a better composer, but I have heard him sing and he is quite good. Especially, singing 80's and 90's rock. I didn't know TL was even interested in composing music, but if it is on BCVOICE, then it must be true!

Ocker is definetly a better composer. You would not believe the work he has done with Binghamton Philharmonic. Very beautiful - brings a tear to my eye.

www.setonhalftimetradegy.com

Guest guest

[

Good Day Sir, I will be needing your phone number since ME was at the Chiropractic College playing in a tournament this weekend and they beat a team from Brooklyn and another from Buffalo. Please post your number and a good time for me to call.

Thank you and good day,

Old Henry Rosencrantz

Well Old Henry you almost sound like a Sparent-always defending this ME crew-you must be right they are the best of anywhere in the whole country I think they are unbeatable. And since they won this please continue to go on and on and on -it just never gets old hearing about ME!

Guest guest

Not to take away from the wins but actually I was at the game and neither of those teams were really that great (Buffalo Brooklyn)-would have expected a lot more from the city area.

Guest guest

WOW!!!! Seriously!!!! You ME people need to get over yourselves you are out of control!! No body cares who you beat, shut the hell up already. Take a look around no one else does this-that means they have some class-GET SOME!

Guest Guest
WOW!!!! Seriously!!!! You ME people need to get over yourselves you are out of control!! No body cares who you beat, shut the hell up already. Take a look around no one else does this-that means they have some class-GET SOME!

...why does everyone feel this is all ME... how about you get some common sense and not just blame it on the school who won.

Guest Guest

First off lets examine TL. The guy gets kicked out of half of the tourneys he coaches in..great role model for the players he coaches,disrespecting refs and other coaches.. including his own tourney in which he refused to leave after getting the boot. enough said, he's a idiot..secondly have you seen him with the kids..weird to say the least and we all know what im talking about. you want your child in the company of a screaming, technical foul waiting to happen weirdo like that??

Guest guest

You're future children will get a decent education at M-E. Now, if you want them to play sports, make sure you have lots of money and buy a house that costs NO less than $250k, drive the latest SUV and begin to 'get your name' out there early on in your childs' sporting career -- say starting with T-ball. You'll have an excellent chance at your son or daugther succeeding both academically and athletically.

Archived