SV Parent petition against Ray Haskell.

Guest SV parent.

Guest Guest
well many of thr parents know people higher than joel wilson..and i know someone that the president of the school board wants for a coach

Its too bad that the majority of the school board is in favor of following the will of the AD and keeping Haskell as he has done nothing to warrant being let go. FYI I spoke to Kevin Wagstaff yesterday and his quote was "I wouldn't take that job because I like and respect Ray Haskell, I have no idea how my name got put into the situation".

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
well many of thr parents know people higher than joel wilson..and i know someone that the president of the school board wants for a coach

What coach would that be?

Guest Guest
Is this the right thing to do for a struggling SV football program?

It's the only way. Ray won't step down himself and Joel Wilson won't fire him. Guys not a football coach and change is needed. Hes had no good seasons, well in his eyes he thinks hes doing a great job winning 10 games in his 5 year career. All of his teams have ended seasons in disappointment. You can't say that they haven't had talent because they very damn well have had a lot of good players the past few years. He just hasn't done a good job getting the best out of what he has and change is needed.

Guest Guest
It's the only way. Ray won't step down himself and Joel Wilson won't fire him. Guys not a football coach and change is needed. Hes had no good seasons, well in his eyes he thinks hes doing a great job winning 10 games in his 5 year career. All of his teams have ended seasons in disappointment. You can't say that they haven't had talent because they very damn well have had a lot of good players the past few years. He just hasn't done a good job getting the best out of what he has and change is needed.

Right on the money, especially with the last statement!

Guest sv football player

exactly..we got a guy who cant face reality that he just plain and simple isnt a varsity football coach..and as for the AD..hes kind of a wimp..he doesnt listen to ANYONE!! and he refuses to make changes..he better change his attitude soon or he'll get kicked out of sv just like he did trumensburg.also he put a guy who knows nothing about football and made him a softball coach,another sport he knows nothing about,ne ways..yes sv has had plenty of talent every single year,and we still lose,every single year...bottom line is,time for a new coach,new plays,new strategy,new football program all together..and im about 90% sure there will be a new coach this upcoming season..if theres not,well then sv is going to keep looking like the worst school with the worst coaches,worst school board,worst AD and worst sports program in the whole damn state..SV needs to stop depriving kids of their hopes and dreams,ya sure its only highschool..but its also the most crusual time for young teenagers,and i hate when people say that its impossible to get scholarships and impossible to play D1 and its impossible to get to the NFL..well if that were true then how the hell are there players there today..

Guest Guest
exactly..we got a guy who cant face reality that he just plain and simple isnt a varsity football coach..and as for the AD..hes kind of a wimp..he doesnt listen to ANYONE!! and he refuses to make changes..he better change his attitude soon or he'll get kicked out of sv just like he did trumensburg.also he put a guy who knows nothing about football and made him a softball coach,another sport he knows nothing about,ne ways..yes sv has had plenty of talent every single year,and we still lose,every single year...bottom line is,time for a new coach,new plays,new strategy,new football program all together..and im about 90% sure there will be a new coach this upcoming season..if theres not,well then sv is going to keep looking like the worst school with the worst coaches,worst school board,worst AD and worst sports program in the whole damn state..SV needs to stop depriving kids of their hopes and dreams,ya sure its only highschool..but its also the most crusual time for young teenagers,and i hate when people say that its impossible to get scholarships and impossible to play D1 and its impossible to get to the NFL..well if that were true then how the hell are there players there today..

Hmmm 90% sure? How are you so sure might i ask.

Guest guest
Its too bad that the majority of the school board is in favor of following the will of the AD and keeping Haskell as he has done nothing to warrant being let go. FYI I spoke to Kevin Wagstaff yesterday and his quote was "I wouldn't take that job because I like and respect Ray Haskell, I have no idea how my name got put into the situation".

We don't know who wrote this response. Ray Haskell has done nothing to warrent him to stay as Varsity coach; everyone knows we need a new head coach to come in and take over the football program and straighten it out. And it can't be any of the coaching staff in the football program at this point because no one has the experience to take over as head football coach. Although we all have respect for Ray,he simply is not a varsity football coach. Kevin Wagstaff would be an excellent choice if we can get him, and if we can't, we will have to pick someone from the list of qualified applicants that do want the job. ;) This sounds like more propaganda from RP.

Guest Guest
.if theres not,well then sv is going to keep looking like the worst school with the worst coaches,worst school board,worst AD and worst sports program in the whole damn state..SV needs to stop depriving kids of their hopes and dreams,ya sure its only highschool..but its also the most crusual time for young teenagers,and i hate when people say that its impossible to get scholarships and impossible to play D1 and its impossible to get to the NFL..well if that were true then how the hell are there players there today..

First SV actually has a very good sports program overall its just the boys football team that has had no success and thats more because they haven't had the players to compete with Forks etc. There are no D1 prospects at SV, and haven't been any for almost 10 years, not since the late 90's and thats nothing the coaches could control, its a talent issue. You ask how are there players who have went D1 the answer is they have the physical attributes to do so and SV has no one of that level. If you put Lewis up as a D1 choice, bring him to UE or Binghamton and see if he could start there, he's not taking any of their RB's place. Thomas and Smith are bigger and stronger while being faster too. If you are basing your life choices around HS football, you really need a reality check.

Guest guest
We don't know who wrote this response. Ray Haskell has done nothing to warrent him to stay as Varsity coach; everyone knows we need a new head coach to come in and take over the football program and straighten it out. And it can't be any of the coaching staff in the football program at this point because no one has the experience to take over as head football coach. Although we all have respect for Ray,he simply is not a varsity football coach. Kevin Wagstaff would be an excellent choice if we can get him, and if we can't, we will have to pick someone from the list of qualified applicants that do want the job. ;) This sounds like more propaganda from RP.

I agree it does sound like RP. We all know what he is.

Ha ha ha. "we" will have to pick someone from the list of applicants. therein lies the problem. The parents think that they make the decisions in who gets hired, who coaches what, who plays where, etc. We don't. You should rent Madden 08 and be a GM on a video game because you are a bunch of morons. SV football players, please stop posting because you're intelligence shows with every misspelled word. Ray isn't going anywhere, RP as you say I'm sure would not waste his time on here, and the players that are showing up to work out are certainly buying in to the program. I'm glad my kid graduated, because I wouldn't want to sit in the stands with the "coaches"

Guest guest

First SV actually has a very good sports program overall its just the boys football team that has had no success and thats more because they haven't had the players to compete with Forks etc. There are no D1 prospects at SV, and haven't been any for almost 10 years, not since the late 90's and thats nothing the coaches could control, its a talent issue. You ask how are there players who have went D1 the answer is they have the physical attributes to do so and SV has no one of that level. If you put Lewis up as a D1 choice, bring him to UE or Binghamton and see if he could start there, he's not taking any of their RB's place. Thomas and Smith are bigger and stronger while being faster too. If you are basing your life choices around HS football, you really need a reality check.

[/quote

As for the person that wrote this nonsense, you're definitely D1. D as for dumb and #1 for one, in other words, in case your not smart enough to understand that means (dumb one). Stop insulting the players you idiot. The only lack of talent is the coaching staff. There are plenty of talented young athletes at SV. There is quite a few that have all the talent in the world to compete on any level. It's negative jerks like you that continue to run our boys down. We don't give a damn about what UE or Binghamton does, we could compete with any school with the right coaches, and we're sure we are going to be getting qualified coaches soon. As for the idiot who wrote this you're basing your life choices on being negative and putting kids down. Shame on you!!! You'll definitely never be a real coach so stop faking it. You'll be gone soon enough.

Guest guest

first of all you idiot heres a news flash..SV almost beat forks this past year and if the time didnt run out they would have and everyone knows it,and there people go with the whole talent thing..your such a DELETED ..go ahead talk all the DELETED you want but wait until me and my teammates take the field this year..i garantee were going to prove all you idiots wrong on the talent part.go ahead tell me im wrong i dont care..because i know my team and i know were getting a new head coach..and sv deffinately has the Physical attributes to compete with any school...and as for Lewis,this was his 1st year on varsity,he's only in 10th grade and from what i saw he still ran over people..i even heard kids form other teams say to him "wow dude are you a senior"...like i said he's only in 10th grade and still did fantastic..and i bet next year he'll be even better..and then his senior year even better..and its clear to everyone here that your DELETED needs the reality check ,not anyone else..It makes me laugh how you seem to think you know everything about sv and its players and seem to think you know what your talking about..i got an idea,how about you take your slow minded stupid self somewhere where people actually care what you have to say because no one on here gives a damn..and while your at it you better ask god to help you because you sure could use it

@

Guest guest
Ha ha ha. "we" will have to pick someone from the list of applicants. therein lies the problem. The parents think that they make the decisions in who gets hired, who coaches what, who plays where, etc. We don't. You should rent Madden 08 and be a GM on a video game because you are a bunch of morons. SV football players, please stop posting because you're intelligence shows with every misspelled word. Ray isn't going anywhere, RP as you say I'm sure would not waste his time on here, and the players that are showing up to work out are certainly buying in to the program. I'm glad my kid graduated, because I wouldn't want to sit in the stands with the "coaches"

well lets see here..seeing how the parents pay school taxes and pay the AD's and coaches salary they do have a say...and when you have people like R.P. and R.H. ,not doing there job and sucking as coaches then the parents deffinately have a say...the word "coach" means to teach or to train..and the coaches at sv cant seem to get the meaning of that they just think it means "boss" and that they can do w/e they want..well when you have coaches that make fun of players and continuosly drive players AWAY from the football field thats when parents have a say and players as well..then when a parent tries to stand up for themselves or their child the cry baby coach runs to the "almighty AD" who seems to have something stuck up his DELETED and uses the school board as his "personal lollipop" to get his way..well guess what im glad your kid graduated to so theres a little less negativity towards the team and the players...and also a real coach is one that can understand that the job comes with a little criticism and complaints as well..but no not sv coaches they go so far as to even try and get parents band from games just so they dont have to hear what they know is true..when their the ones swearing at the players and cutting them down and making fun of them..then hide behind the AD when confronted about it....HA HA HA.there lies the REAL PROBLEM

Guest ha ha ha
well lets see here..seeing how the parents pay school taxes and pay the AD's and coaches salary they do have a say...and when you have people like R.P. and R.H. ,not doing there job and sucking as coaches then the parents deffinately have a say...the word "coach" means to teach or to train..and the coaches at sv cant seem to get the meaning of that they just think it means "boss" and that they can do w/e they want..well when you have coaches that make fun of players and continuosly drive players AWAY from the football field thats when parents have a say and players as well..then when a parent tries to stand up for themselves or their child the cry baby coach runs to the "almighty AD" who seems to have something stuck up his @$$ and uses the school board as his "personal lollipop" to get his way..well guess what im glad your kid graduated to so theres a little less negativity towards the team and the players...and also a real coach is one that can understand that the job comes with a little criticism and complaints as well..but no not sv coaches they go so far as to even try and get parents band from games just so they dont have to hear what they know is true..when their the ones swearing at the players and cutting them down and making fun of them..then hide behind the AD when confronted about it....HA HA HA.there lies the REAL PROBLEM

Stay in school, or stick to the steam engines. Communication via words is not your strong point Gary.

Guest guest
Stay in school, or stick to the steam engines. Communication via words is not your strong point Gary.

gary?..who the hell is gary, this is a player not a parent smart one..seems to me the only thing you can stick to is being a grade A idiot..with all that fat cloging your brain

Guest guest

im pretty sure RP would waste his time on here seeing as to how he's not exactly the skiniest one in the bunch..the only thing that guy can do is sit around so it makes perfect sense to me

Guest Guest
well lets see here..seeing how the parents pay school taxes and pay the AD's and coaches salary they do have a say...and when you have people like R.P. and R.H. ,not doing there job and sucking as coaches then the parents deffinately have a say...the word "coach" means to teach or to train..and the coaches at sv cant seem to get the meaning of that they just think it means "boss" and that they can do w/e they want..well when you have coaches that make fun of players and continuosly drive players AWAY from the football field thats when parents have a say and players as well..then when a parent tries to stand up for themselves or their child the cry baby coach runs to the "almighty AD" who seems to have something stuck up his @$$ and uses the school board as his "personal lollipop" to get his way..well guess what im glad your kid graduated to so theres a little less negativity towards the team and the players...and also a real coach is one that can understand that the job comes with a little criticism and complaints as well..but no not sv coaches they go so far as to even try and get parents band from games just so they dont have to hear what they know is true..when their the ones swearing at the players and cutting them down and making fun of them..then hide behind the AD when confronted about it....HA HA HA.there lies the REAL PROBLEM

Some things you say make sense. The part about the coaches not being able to handle the criticism is very true. They often complain to the players about how their parents don't shut up. If you ask me thats wrong because theres nothing the players can really do about that. I remember when we were watching film once and the volume was up and you could hear a parent scream something out. After that Steve stopped the film and turned it up louder and re winded it and preached about how our parents complained to much or something along those lines. I have a decent idea of whats going on right now with the whole situation and to tell you the truth its not looking like theirs going to be any change in the coaching staff. Unless you completely know something totally different then what i have heard. Ray is going to have to step down himself or the AD is going to have to not resign him. Witch either or seems very unlikely based on my knowledge of the situation. But change is needed. The play calling is that of a modified coach. So if you really want Ray gone you would probably have a better chance going to his house with picket signs rather then have faith in Joel Wilson.

Guest Guest

This is a view from a parent of a Windsor football player, I'm just trying to add a view that has no personal stake in the whole conversation so don't take personal shots at me cause I'm only reflecting on what I've seen here and on the field.

If you're looking for a reason that the SV football team doesn't win, this thread tells you everything you need to know. First off, the delusions that the players have of their own abilities is ridiculous. I hate to break it to you guys, but there is not that much talent on your team, and there is absolutely no Division 1 level talent there. As people have said before size alone will show you that fact. Your biggest player would have been a runt on a D1 team, and you have no one in the district with the speed to play at that level. You keep saying "we have talent" then show it.

You'll point to the "close call" of the CF game as your biggest accomplishment, you still lost even though your team was all fired up and Forks was playing for nothing. When your team has an emotional home crowd and you're all playing in memory of a friends parent, I hope you can take your game up a level but that doesn't reflect your season as much as you want it to.

Your team did not lose a single game because of its coaches or players, no team loses because of its coaches or players you lose and win games with what gets done by the players and coaches together, thats called being a team. If you want to live your whole life blaming failures on other people you will be a failure in everything you do. We all have to overcome obstacles in life, winners find a way to do it, losers just complain about what could have been.

Guest Guest
This is a view from a parent of a Windsor football player, I'm just trying to add a view that has no personal stake in the whole conversation so don't take personal shots at me cause I'm only reflecting on what I've seen here and on the field.

If you're looking for a reason that the SV football team doesn't win, this thread tells you everything you need to know. First off, the delusions that the players have of their own abilities is ridiculous. I hate to break it to you guys, but there is not that much talent on your team, and there is absolutely no Division 1 level talent there. As people have said before size alone will show you that fact. Your biggest player would have been a runt on a D1 team, and you have no one in the district with the speed to play at that level. You keep saying "we have talent" then show it.

You'll point to the "close call" of the CF game as your biggest accomplishment, you still lost even though your team was all fired up and Forks was playing for nothing. When your team has an emotional home crowd and you're all playing in memory of a friends parent, I hope you can take your game up a level but that doesn't reflect your season as much as you want it to.

Your team did not lose a single game because of its coaches or players, no team loses because of its coaches or players you lose and win games with what gets done by the players and coaches together, thats called being a team. If you want to live your whole life blaming failures on other people you will be a failure in everything you do. We all have to overcome obstacles in life, winners find a way to do it, losers just complain about what could have been.

You brought up some very good points especially in your last paragraph. Although i will say that Forks was playing for something of course. Just like the patriots im sure they wanted a perfect season going into the playoffs. What do you think a loss to the worst team in the division would have done to their confidence? So don't say that forks wasn't playing for anything because i am positive that is not true at all. It's still a loss and thats that. Yes theirs probably not Division 1 talent on the team, but that shouldn't stop anyone from thinking they could play D2 or D3 someday and still enjoy it. I respect your opinion about The coaches but you would really have to be on their teams to figure out how they manage to mess things up. They mostly just fail to motivate anyone and make poor decisions with play calling and such. Not saying it's all their fault that we don't succeed, but they of course play a part. Some coaches can get the best out of their players and some cannot.

Guest Hypocrite

Didn't Windsor parents run their very successful long-time Football coach (Hodack) out of town just last year ?

Look in the mirror Mr. Black Knight ...

Now that I mention it, maybe Mr. Hodack would be interested in the SV job ...

HMMMMMM

Guest Guest
Didn't Windsor parents run their very successful long-time Football coach (Hodack) out of town just last year ?

Look in the mirror Mr. Black Knight ...

Now that I mention it, maybe Mr. Hodack would be interested in the SV job ...

HMMMMMM

No coach at Windsor was "run out of town" and especially nothing like what is going on this site. The Windsor situation was actually a dispute between the AD and the coach, nothing about parents at all to the best of my knowledge. If there was it never got blown up like this whole SV fiasco, so sorry but nothing in my post was in the least bit hypocritical.

im pretty sure RP would waste his time on here seeing as to how he's not exactly the skiniest one in the bunch..the only thing that guy can do is sit around so it makes perfect sense to me

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guest guest
No coach at Windsor was "run out of town" and especially nothing like what is going on this site. The Windsor situation was actually a dispute between the AD and the coach, nothing about parents at all to the best of my knowledge. If there was it never got blown up like this whole SV fiasco, so sorry but nothing in my post was in the least bit hypocritical.

There's no "Fiasco" going on at SV. Only on this site.

Guest Hypocrite

Good Call - You beat me to it ...

Funny thing is I remember seeing the same BS on here last year when Hodack was getting dumped.

Trust me - a half dozen people on a bush league website does not a "fiasco" make ...

Does make funny reading though (especially the 6th grade grammar level).

Archived