Forbidden Crush

Guest Guest

Has anyone ever had a secret crush that if you acted on it would cause disaster?

My feeling on this is that I would rather have a friend forever than a lover for six months, although six months, six weeks, or six days could sound appealing. I still wouldn’t trade that friendship B) .

Guest Crushed :(
My feeling on this is that I would rather have a friend forever than a lover for six months, although six months, six weeks, or six days could sound appealing. I still wouldn’t trade that friendship B) .

Nice sentiment, but not realistic. If a guy has real feelings for a woman (Not just hormonal attraction) it's only a matter of time before she figures it out no matter how hard he tries to hide it. It only takes one tiny slip of the tongue, smile, gesture, look or whatever - she will figure it out. Woman are better at hideing it and guys arn't as perceptive, so if the OP is a woman, you have a better chance of staying friends. Yes - it's happened to me and it's extremely sad loosing a friend. The longer you keep the feelings bottled up the stronger they will get and it will hurt even more when things go bad.

Guest mulligan
Nice sentiment, but not realistic. If a guy has real feelings for a woman (Not just hormonal attraction) it's only a matter of time before she figures it out no matter how hard he tries to hide it. It only takes one tiny slip of the tongue, smile, gesture, look or whatever - she will figure it out. Woman are better at hideing it and guys arn't as perceptive, so if the OP is a woman, you have a better chance of staying friends. Yes - it's happened to me and it's extremely sad loosing a friend. The longer you keep the feelings bottled up the stronger they will get and it will hurt even more when things go bad.

Hiding

Has anyone ever had a secret crush that if you acted on it would cause disaster?

YES ,BUT I DID HAVE SOMEONE WHO HAD A CRUSH ON ME, I DIDN'T KNOW THIS UNTIL A FEW YRS LATER. IF I ACTED ON THIS I WOULD HAVE HAD A MAJOR WRECK ON MY HANDS, WITH FRIENDS, FAMILY AND MOST OF ALL THOSE THAT IT WOULD HURT THE MOST, A PAIN SO UNDERSERVING FOR THEM. I CAN SAY IT WAS HARD TO WALK AWAY FROM THAT ONE. TEMPTING BUT THOUGHT WITH THE RIGHT HEAD AND THE WRECKAGE IT WOULD CAUSE FOR ALL. I MUST ADMIT, AT TIMES I WONDER WHAT IF! ;)

Guest Crushed :(
YES ,BUT I DID HAVE SOMEONE WHO HAD A CRUSH ON ME, I DIDN'T KNOW THIS UNTIL A FEW YRS LATER. IF I ACTED ON THIS I WOULD HAVE HAD A MAJOR WRECK ON MY HANDS, WITH FRIENDS, FAMILY AND MOST OF ALL THOSE THAT IT WOULD HURT THE MOST, A PAIN SO UNDERSERVING FOR THEM. I CAN SAY IT WAS HARD TO WALK AWAY FROM THAT ONE. TEMPTING BUT THOUGHT WITH THE RIGHT HEAD AND THE WRECKAGE IT WOULD CAUSE FOR ALL. I MUST ADMIT, AT TIMES I WONDER WHAT IF! ;)

How did you find out the other person liked you a few yrs later?

Guest mulligan
Do you have any significant insight or opinion to add other than to correct a spelling mistake?

No. Not really. I could ask the same about you. What's your great opinion or insight?

Guest Just Lookin

Been there.......done that. Never again, learned my lesson. I'd love to go back to just the good friendship we had, oh hindsight...how it is 20/20.

^^^

Same here.

Perhaps the thought process at the time, though, was "what if?"...here's a great friend, and the situation is heading in a different direction...isn't that what dreams are supposedly made of?

Great friendship morphing into a romantic relationship?

Well, I wish I hadn't.

Guest Guest

I dont think girls hide it better than men I just think that a man doesnt think youre paying attentin to him unless you grab onto his peniz. They dont play the mind games or the guessing games they want it staraight forward and beneficial to them

Guest Guest

losing

Guest Guest
Been there.......done that. Never again, learned my lesson. I'd love to go back to just the good friendship we had, oh hindsight...how it is 20/20.

Should have, could have, would have.

Should have done something on this end to, like walk away. But being the helpful type, crashed and burned. Guess there's a first time for everything.

Guest Just Lookin
^^^

Same here.

Perhaps the thought process at the time, though, was "what if?"...here's a great friend, and the situation is heading in a different direction...isn't that what dreams are supposedly made of?

Great friendship morphing into a romantic relationship?

Well, I wish I hadn't.

At least we learned from our mistakes, 2pelo! Look at it that way, some never do.

One night at Bobby Dee's , I ran into a girl named Pam that I went to high school with... my soon wife to be was spending Christmas in Florida with her family. I always had a crush on Pam. We ended up slow dancing together, and she confessed that she had a crush on me as well in high school. End of story...it never went any further. But I still remember holding her that night, and how great her hair smelled while we were dancing. That was a precious moment from my life!

How did you find out the other person liked you a few yrs later?

She left her husband and like a dumb jerk I asked, what's wrong. in the conversation she told me.

All I could say was "oh" lol. I just let it go and walked away from the issue. Very hard to do!!!

`

@

Guest Guest

I have one now as well, but it is absolutley not possible. But I cannot get her off of my mind. The worse part about it is I think she feels the same way.

Crushes are sweet torture. Sometimes they wake up feelings inside of you that you haven't felt in years. Makes you feel alive again.

Guest Guest

Yep, one now... But I think that the thing about crushes is that sometimes (with few exceptions) they are based on our own idealizations of the other person, specially if they are seemingly impossible. Causing a disaster by acting on it might not be worth it; if it develops into a relationship you might find out that routine takes a toll on that new relationship and it might not be as ideal as you once thought it would be. Why lose a friendship?

Guest Guest

Is it at all possible to keep the friendship, have the passion that you’re afraid to act on, and just be that friend on the side with benefits, as long as nothing ever changed? Even though you both know that you’re doing something wrong as long as it feels right, what’s wrong with that?

Archived