Forbidden Crush

Guest Guest

I’ve never acted on a forbidden crush, but would only be afraid of the out come. I think my biggest fear would to be losing that friend. Although finding someone attracting physically, mentally, intellectually. I think when one saves you from inevitable doom you look up to that person with the up most respect and dignity. So I don’t know what to tell you I like many would struggle with this for a very long time.

@

Guest Guest
Crushes are sweet torture. Sometimes they wake up feelings inside of you that you haven't felt in years. Makes you feel alive again.

Brighteyes, you are soooooo right. I have had this experience in recent years. I do think he feels the same way, and thank goodness neither of us has acted on it. It would destroy a lot of lives. But, I also think it would ruin that 'sweet torture' I feel, which, I actually enjoy.

Guest Guest
It depends on if you mean Bob Saget or Danny Tanner. :lol:

@

If you're crushin on Bob, you are prolly a homo. No woman I know would be crushin on ol' Bob.

Is it at all possible to keep the friendship, have the passion that you're afraid to act on, and just be that friend on the side with benefits, as long as nothing ever changed? Even though you both know that you're doing something wrong as long as it feels right, what's wrong with that?

Good luck w/ that one. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest
Nice sentiment, but not realistic. If a guy has real feelings for a woman (Not just hormonal attraction) it's only a matter of time before she figures it out no matter how hard he tries to hide it. It only takes one tiny slip of the tongue, smile, gesture, look or whatever - she will figure it out. Woman are better at hideing it and guys arn't as perceptive, so if the OP is a woman, you have a better chance of staying friends. Yes - it's happened to me and it's extremely sad loosing a friend. The longer you keep the feelings bottled up the stronger they will get and it will hurt even more when things go bad.

That's how many of us get caught. That's what tripped me up,if you are trying to hide the fact that you have a crush on a girl,never,never,slip her the tongue!

@

Guest Guest

not only will you lose your friend. you will find that your new relationship will eventually become just as boring as your old relationship, and you will again get a crush on someone new again.

Guest Guest

I watched this program on TV last night I guess it is another reality show It was called High School Reunion It brought back a lot of memories for me. I wondered how I would handle having another chance with someone I had a crush on. It was really interesting. Age seems to boost confidence because I wouldnt hesitate to tell them now and wouldnt be afraid of being rejected like I was way back then.

Guest Guest
not only will you lose your friend. you will find that your new relationship will eventually become just as boring as your old relationship, and you will again get a crush on someone new again.

That's known as "life".

Mature people don't throw the baby with the bath water. They understand that a commitment is just that, an agreement.

They know beforehand that changing partners is often no more than swapping the old problems for new ones, or the same ones with a new face.

Immature people think "it's all THEIR fault", that if I didn't have this person near me I wouldn't have these problems. Lo and behold, new partner....same problems. This, unfortunately reinforces their erroneous belief that it MUST be the other person.

@

I watched this program on TV last night I guess it is another reality show It was called High School Reunion It brought back a lot of memories for me. I wondered how I would handle having another chance with someone I had a crush on. It was really interesting. Age seems to boost confidence because I wouldnt hesitate to tell them now and wouldnt be afraid of being rejected like I was way back then.

HERE'S A REALITY. I WENT TO A COLLEGE REU AND THE SWEET HEART THAT BROKE MY HEART WAS THERE. FOR MANY YEARS I WONDERED WHAT IF. I FIGURED OUT THERE IS A GOD. WHEN I SAW HER SHE BLEW UP TO 300LBS. OMG. SIMPLY SAID" THANK YOU LORD".

Guest Guest

I have a crush it might be even more then just a crush. One I know I can never act on. The circumstances surrounding it are way to complicated. If only.........

Guest Crusher
I have a crush it might be even more then just a crush. One I know I can never act on. The circumstances surrounding it are way to complicated. If only.........

I acted on it...have never been sorry, was good while it lasted.

Guest Guest

Keep your crush to yourself. Seriously. A person I knew had a crush on me and that person was my good friend. One day the person suddenly acted on it and gave me a kiss and I was very put off. That person knew immediately that it put me off and our friendship was never the same.

@

Guest Guest-Confusued
I have one now as well, but it is absolutley not possible. But I cannot get her off of my mind. The worse part about it is I think she feels the same way.

Part of the problem is not knowing how the other person feels. How the heck do you figure out what the other person is thinking without looking like a fool? These situations do seem impossible especially when one or both of you are in another relationship. For me, not sweet torture, just torture. Would like to know for sure and am tired of thinking about it.

Guest Guest
Part of the problem is not knowing how the other person feels. How the heck do you figure out what the other person is thinking without looking like a fool?

Basically, you don't.

It's always a risk, whether it's a crush, a normal relationship, or a covert one.

I just lost someone I was having a covert affair with.

@

Guest Guest
Basically, you don't.

It's always a risk, whether it's a crush, a normal relationship, or a covert one.

I just lost someone I was having a covert affair with.

@

what is a covert affair?

@

Guest Guest-Wondering
I have one now as well, but it is absolutley not possible. But I cannot get her off of my mind. The worse part about it is I think she feels the same way.

Why not tell her? Find out for sure and then decide what is or isn't possible.

Archived