Code Enforcement Photos: Have You Seen These?

Guest Stephen P. Jensen

The code enforcement "officers" in Broome County are the biggest bunch of worthless DELETED on Earth. I got sighted for having a car parked in the back of my OWN driveway and it not having plates. The car is in very good condition and has nothing wrong with it what so ever. I just did not want it to be registerd for a while. With all the problems in our community these losers going around citing law abiding citizens for DELETED is amazing.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first photo is visible from Main Street, toward the JC arch. I don't recall the side street, but it's the first property in after that vacant little lot that used to be a used car dealership. It may be Matthews, but I can't be sure without driving by it again.

And thanks to the poster who wrote about the Monte Carlo. The poster called me with the address, and I went over and took a few photos.

Much appreciated.

-SPJ

It's little hard to read the expiration year of the registration on the windshield, could be 00, 06, or 08. Appears that it has the correct color inspection sticker for this year. I can understand not showing the plate in the pic, and of course it is covered, but my question is this... Is the car currently registered and insured with plates on it?

It's little hard to read the expiration year of the registration on the windshield, could be 00, 06, or 08. Appears that it has the correct color inspection sticker for this year. I can understand not showing the plate in the pic, and of course it is covered, but my question is this... Is the car currently registered and insured with plates on it?

why the F should that matter!!!!! It is on his OWN property you communists jerk!

Communist jerk? At least I am not a DELETED moron. there you go, you made me swear on BCV. That's a first.

If the car has a current registration and the plates are on it then it definately NOT a junk vehicle. As I am sure that Steven is aware and are the rest of us. Well, maybe not YOU. Because you are a moron!

Guest Guest

Sounds like that SOB Schleider is a wannabe overzealous cop or a LAZY CITY WORKER.

It's damn shame that people wanna live like this, or do they? Were there pics of the vet?

Wanted to suffice SOB's thoughts with his riddle brains of eggs. ;)

Guest Guest
The first photo is visible from Main Street, toward the JC arch. I don't recall the side street, but it's the first property in after that vacant little lot that used to be a used car dealership. It may be Matthews, but I can't be sure without driving by it again.

And thanks to the poster who wrote about the Monte Carlo. The poster called me with the address, and I went over and took a few photos.

Much appreciated.

-SPJ

Thanks for the information in regards to the first photo.

Communist jerk? At least I am not a DELETED moron. there you go, you made me swear on BCV. That's a first.

If the car has a current registration and the plates are on it then it definately NOT a junk vehicle. As I am sure that Steven is aware and are the rest of us. Well, maybe not YOU. Because you are a moron!

Let me say this VERRRRRRRY slowly.....i-t i-s h-i-s o-w-n p-r-o-p-e-r-t-y!

I could care less what the Binghamton code enforcement says about having a "junk" car on your OWN property. Since when is it ok for the town to tell you if you want to park a car on your OWN property it has to have plates on it? Commie!

The code enforcement "officers" in Broome County are the biggest bunch of worthless DELETED on Earth. I got sighted for having a car parked in the back of my OWN driveway and it not having plates. The car is in very good condition and has nothing wrong with it what so ever. I just did not want it to be registerd for a while. With all the problems in our community these losers going around citing law abiding citizens for DELETED is amazing.

Marius, Here is something I totally agree with you on. The code enforcement officers are a bunch of waste cases with no common sense. No wonder law abiding citizens don't want to live here anymore.

Marius, Here is something I totally agree with you on. The code enforcement officers are a bunch of waste cases with no common sense. No wonder law abiding citizens don't want to live here anymore.

***blushes*** :wub:

Thanks.

Guest Old School

One picture I haven't seen is the one of the '81 Vette, nor any of the rest of the property. Over the years, I've seen many properties fall into disrepair until the third generation makes an effort to reclaim the property and LIVE THERE. Unfortunately, too many others have become rental properties. While I've been neighbors during daylight hours with others who are "neighborly", once the sun goes down the scenery changes. I'm confused what the "Graffity Abatement Position" either pays, the responsibilities of said position, and if the director's position is more than "WHITEWASH". (ABSOLUTELY NO RACIAL CONNOTATION< RATHER THE ATTEMPT BY THE CURRENT ADMIN TO PAINT OVER THE GANG TAGGING WHICH HAPPENS ALL OVER THE CITY). Paint is more expensive this year, but the homeowners who keep their properties up by painting, trimming the hedges, and mowing the lawn,AND help their elderly neghbors by shoveling.

I hope to add numerous more pictures to the web album soon. It's really astonishing - and sad - what I'm finding just driving around, citywide. Pictures don't lie.

Just a thought, and this might surprise you. I don't think these code enforcement officers are paid enough to be asked to go and fight the battles that apparently await them out there. And we certainly need more code inspectors, stiffer fines and swifter resolutions to these catastrophes pictured.

My car, and the Monty Carlo someone posted about earlier, are easy marks for the inspectors. Relatively speaking, they cite them based on existing law, then get a slam dunk from people who truly do their best as neighbors and tax-paying contributors. Like me, I'm sure there are others who have no intention to turn their noses up to housing code. In fact, we go out of our way to maintain our possessions as best we can.

Unfortunately for the Code Enforcement Department, Chris Schleider kicked a sleeping bag of rattlesnakes.

For "Old School" ...

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/J...My%20violation/

This series of photos (linked from the original link in my thread-starter) shows the Corvette uncovered (you can see it's not junk - it needs brakes and work on the shift linkage), and covered as it sits at this very minute. My home is not in "disrepair," and I believe the photos here give you a general idea, if not the full scope.

-SPJ

For "Old School" ...

This series of photos (linked from the original link in my thread-starter) shows the Corvette uncovered (you can see it's not junk - it needs brakes and work on the shift linkage), and covered as it sits at this very minute. My home is not in "disrepair," and I believe the photos here give you a general idea, if not the full scope.

-SPJ

This is what I mean, that is a beautiful car and for whatever POS code enforcement "officer" that cited you for it should be dragged out in to the road and shot. The same exact thing happened to me and I would be more that happy to help you in any way I can. These people don't need more money, they need to loose their jobs. With all the scum and deterioration happening in our community, these DELETED going onto the PRIVATE property of citing law abiding citizens and citing them for having an unregistered can on their property is a travesty.

Guest Guest
Let me say this VERRRRRRRY slowly.....i-t i-s h-i-s o-w-n p-r-o-p-e-r-t-y!

I could care less what the Binghamton code enforcement says about having a "junk" car on your OWN property. Since when is it ok for the town to tell you if you want to park a car on your OWN property it has to have plates on it? Commie!

I found out the same thing in the city of Bing.

Code won't allow you to have a car on your property that doesn't have tags on it.

I parked my winter vehicle behind some trees, they spotted it and sent me a letter.

A friend of mine lives in the town of Chenango, and they allow one untagged vehicle per property.

I can see the need for some sort of code. Otherwise, there's too many losers in the city who would keep a dozen junk cars on their lots for parts and whatever. The place would look like he11 in no time.

Guest country girl
For "Old School" ...

-SPJ

Wow, what amazes me is why in the world he would even look at your property, it is VERY well kept. Chris is a complete (deleted). If he wants to do a good job, he should be going after all of the properties that you took pictures of as well as many others instead of harassing decent people.

What you should do is start a petition to have the "wording" on "junk vehicles" changed. I will sign it and I can get you a few other signatures too.

I found out the same thing in the city of Bing.

Code won't allow you to have a car on your property that doesn't have tags on it.

I parked my winter vehicle behind some trees, they spotted it and sent me a letter.

A friend of mine lives in the town of Chenango, and they allow one untagged vehicle per property.

I can see the need for some sort of code. Otherwise, there's too many losers in the city who would keep a dozen junk cars on their lots for parts and whatever. The place would look like he11 in no time.

Although i understand the "logic" behind the law...it is only there to make people support the DMV and add money to the state coffers. Seriously if there was no limit as to the amount of cars you could have on your property how many people would keep more that one car? My guess would be not more that .01% of the residences in the community. But all this takes a back seat to the fact that this ia AMERICA and we have the right to property in our country, and the right to peruse happiness. What if happiness for you involves collecting and restoring cars?

And lets not forget the right to PRIVACY!

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/co...n.overview.html

Guest Guest
Although i understand the "logic" behind the law...it is only there to make people support the DMV and add money to the state coffers. Seriously if there was no limit as to the amount of cars you could have on your property how many people would keep more that one car? My guess would be not more that .01% of the residences in the community. But all this takes a back seat to the fact that this ia AMERICA and we have the right to property in our country, and the right to peruse happiness. What if happiness for you involves collecting and restoring cars?

And lets not forget the right to PRIVACY!

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/co...n.overview.html

Marius you got my vote! Where do I sign?

Garo K.

Guest Guest
If you consider this exercise to be "juvenile," that's fine. I'm not at all saying that because others do something wrong, I should be allowed to do the same. Your interpretation of this shows you're looking at it on a far too simplistic level.

My point is twofold, I suppose: First, the law is flawed and unrealistic. And second, if the impetus for my situation was not complaint-driven, as Mr. Schleider stated to me, then why are the properties pictured (with many more to come) allowed to sit idle, virtual trash pits, in some cases, and my property, which is, by and large, well kept, making its way through the Binghamton city court system?

I think it's a fair question, and it centers on priorities.

It might also be fair to note here that I am a former City Council member, not of the party of the current Council majority, or of the administration in City Hall today. I refuse to believe I was targeted due to my previous political position and/or affiliations. There are several, though, who have told me they believe otherwise. Food for thought.

-SPJ

Steve, Is there a pic of your car? If so I missed it. Would like to see why he cited you.

Guest Guest
Steve, Is there a pic of your car? If so I missed it. Would like to see why he cited you.

The link is above on the country girl post!

Guest Curious

So Mr. Jensen, what is your point? Is it that, because a lot of other people are violating city codes that its ok for you to do it as well? Or is it your point, that, of all the code violations in the City, the authorities have to get to yours last and process every one elses first, or at least do everyone elses at the exact same moment in time as they do yours? Or is it that they should ignore your violation because they aren't getting to everyone elses at the same time?

What exactly makes you so special? What, in principle, is wrong with them processing your violation before other peoples? Since they obviously don't have the manpower to process the zillions of code violations in this fair city of ours', why exactly can't they process your violation before some other people's? As a resident and taxpayer in Binghamton I'd like to see the city prosecute all of the code violators and scofflaws and get all the junk cars on residential property in the city .... including yours .... removed. I don't particularly care the sequence they follow to accomplish that goal. If the process is complaint-driven, they should follow the chronological order of complaints, which means that all of the cases you point out in your pictures need to get in line behind your own violation.

Stop whining and either get your car licensed or remove it from your property. The law that you're violating serves a very important purpose of keeping residential properties from turning into junkyards. Just because you think your clunker is some kind of a classic that deserves more consideration than any other unlicensed derelict beater doesn't make it so and doesn't mean that the City has to cut some slack for any deadbeat who comes up with the same bogus excuse. Take some personal responsibility and clean your own mess up before you start complaining about the messes created by other people .... you'll have more credibility then.

@

Archived