$9.95 Prime Rib Sham

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

A local eatery in the Endwell area, I won't say which one other than to say thier neighbor is a well known fried chicken place

offered a 16 ounce, (1 lb.) 5 course prime rib special available only by mentioning the radio ad. Knowing that even Donolis

doesn't offer thier 14-16 oz. boneless prime rib for $9.95 anymore our group of friends just had to try it out.

Just to be sure we heard the ad right my wife called the eatery to double check that we had heard the ad right

and we were reassured that it was indeed a 16 oz. 5 course meal. Okay, we figured possibly "bone-in" so the four of us

went friday night to check it out. Now mind you, it's supposed to be a 16 oz. (1 Lb) 5 course meal.

Evidently the eatery is immigrant owned. The wait staff appeared to be immigrant as well.

"Course" 1 and 2 was bread and salad. The salad was excellent however not the dressing we had ordered.

"Course 3 was the "16" oz. (1 lb.) prime rib which at best topped the scales at possibly 8 oz. (1/2 lb.) and probably much lighter than that because it was the lower grade, more "aged" type, not tightly packed but course. By the time we got the fat trimmed off we were figuring 6 oz. tops if that.

Course 4 and 5 was the baked potato which was good and I had the "mixed" vegtables that was nothing more than peas and corn

with a couple of slices of carrot.

All in all, not a bad $6.00 meal but certainly not the "16" oz. (1 lb.) prime rib advertised on the radio.

Your thoughts--

Guest guest
A local eatery in the Endwell area, I won't say which one other than to say thier neighbor is a well known fried chicken place

offered a 16 ounce, (1 lb.) 5 course prime rib special available only by mentioning the radio ad. Knowing that even Donolis

doesn't offer thier 14-16 oz. boneless prime rib for $9.95 anymore our group of friends just had to try it out.

Just to be sure we heard the ad right my wife called the eatery to double check that we had heard the ad right

and we were reassured that it was indeed a 16 oz. 5 course meal. Okay, we figured possibly "bone-in" so the four of us

went friday night to check it out. Now mind you, it's supposed to be a 16 oz. (1 Lb) 5 course meal.

Evidently the eatery is immigrant owned. The wait staff appeared to be immigrant as well.

"Course" 1 and 2 was bread and salad. The salad was excellent however not the dressing we had ordered.

"Course 3 was the "16" oz. (1 lb.) prime rib which at best topped the scales at possibly 8 oz. (1/2 lb.) and probably much lighter than that because it was the lower grade, more "aged" type, not tightly packed but course. By the time we got the fat trimmed off we were figuring 6 oz. tops if that.

Course 4 and 5 was the baked potato which was good and I had the "mixed" vegtables that was nothing more than peas and corn

with a couple of slices of carrot.

All in all, not a bad $6.00 meal but certainly not the "16" oz. (1 lb.) prime rib advertised on the radio.

Your thoughts--

Try the Deacon's Bench on Sat. they have a prime rib diner for I believe $10.95, I think it is. It used to be very good.

@

Definetely Cross Roads.

Personally, I'll stick with Cortese. Just got home from the best dinner I've had in a while.

Guest Guest
Definetely Cross Roads.

Personally, I'll stick with Cortese. Just got home from the best dinner I've had in a while.

Kermit said she just got back from there, too.

Were you two having a little "secret meeting?" Hubba hubba!

Guest Primo Canera

The place was packed all day and there was no one there when I was there that was unhappy. The cut of prime rib was nice and tasty. quit being so negative. I have had good and bad mealsd everywhere.Maybe your taste buds are bad because your attitude sure is.

Kermit said she just got back from there, too.

Were you two having a little "secret meeting?" Hubba hubba!

Now that would be something people could talk about. I'm sure she's at least half my age and I don't think my wife and daughter would have appreciated it. I don't think my father would have minded, but that's because he has my sick sense of humor.

@

Why complain about a place you ate if you aren't willing to name it? Go to Mc Donalds next time, I hear their prime rib is excellent!

@

Yes! And their succulent Baby Back Ribs! It's currently on special. It's only a 4-course meal. Bread, pickles, ribs and onion. If you have enough rolls of toilet paper at home, it's an excellent value!

@

Guest Guest

Hell if the was 6 bucks you got a deal! and youre complaining? you can spend that easy at McDonalds and its not even close to what you discribed. where is this place sounds decent to me im not a pigout eater!

@

Guest Guest

I call it false or misleading advertising.

How would you feel, or what would you do if

a retailer offered you through advertising

a widget for a price that you know you

can't get one at a better price anywhere else

and you go to buy said widget and ............

Guest Guest
I call it false or misleading advertising.

How would you feel, or what would you do if

a retailer offered you through advertising

a widget for a price that you know you

can't get one at a better price anywhere else

and you go to buy said widget and ............

Our states Attorney General would be all over that like your ex-State Govenor was all over Kirsten

Guest Guest

Gees some people are NEVER happy. Sounds like a pretty nice meal for 10 bucks. You obviously dont own a business. This is like people who go to weddings/parties and get a free meal and proceed to complain and ask the wait staff to bring them all kinds of extras.....or like the embarassing auntie in the family who has the nerve to complain about the food when they come over for dinner, or like the morons who go to McDonalds and are picky....I heard one woman ask if her filet o fish was"fresh'! For gods sake it is freakin mcdonalds

Guest Guest

Still the ad told these people that if they went to this place,

they would get a sixteen ounce rib, five course meal for this special

price. They could have traveled further to Apalachian to another place

known for thier prime rib and got a real large size of prime rib for a

couple more bucks. Instead, they were mislead into this place and they

were served a piece of prime rib that was much less than offered.

I agree, I would have felt gyped even if it was a good price. It was'nt

what was advertised.

Guest prime rib
Our states Attorney General would be all over that like your ex-State Govenor was all over Kirsten

The whole meal weighed 16 ounces so you got the deal

Guest Guest

Since when is a baked potato and veggies a "course" all on it's own? Sounds like you had a 2-course meal, salad/bread appetizer and the main plate meat/potato/veggie.

Archived